The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt
On 25/06/2016 at 11:42 PM, Cjsizemore19 said:

I bought the founders edition it does have an 8 pin however it comes with an adapter to plug to 6 pins into it for additional power.

I ran mine at 2052 mhz with +20 for power for 4 hours in heaven bench

Two 6 pins = 150W

One 8 pin = 150W

You're getting the same power either way

On 25/06/2016 at 9:17 AM, Godfreyhaughton said:

guys i'm planing to buy a 

GeForce GTX 1070

but I see some with one 8pin and some with two 8pin power connector

which one you guys think is better for overclocking  

From what I've seen the Asus strix or Founder's edition have been the best overclockers.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

7 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Two 6 pins = 150W

One 8 pin = 150W

You're getting the same power either way

From what I've seen the Asus strix or Founder's edition have been the best overclockers.

Thanks for the info bruh, and yea finally someone agrees that the FE is one of the best overclockers! everyone keeps saying it's shit and gets hot and they don't even own one, I either won the silicon lottery or some of the worlds best engineers over at Nvidia actually know how to build a blower setup. not saying there aren't better cards out there like the strix but Mine stays colder than a witches nipple

dia de los Muertos

~CPU~ I5 6600K @4.5GHz ~GPU~ GTX 1070 EVGA FTW ~PSU~ EVGA G1 650W ~HDD~ 1TB WD Caviar Blue

~RAM~ G.Skill 16GB DDR4 2400 ~CASE~ NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ~MOBO~ MSI Z170 SLI Plus

~Keyboard~ K70 Lux Cherry MX Brown ~Mouse~ Logitech G502 Prometheus 

(and a lot more shit to go)

2 minutes ago, Cjsizemore19 said:

Thanks for the info bruh, and yea finally someone agrees that the FE is one of the best overclockers! everyone keeps saying it's shit and gets hot and they don't even own one, I either won the silicon lottery or some of the worlds best engineers over at Nvidia actually know how to build a blower setup. not saying there aren't better cards out there like the strix but Mine stays colder than a witches nipple

Colder than my heart.

Just turn the fans up and it'll be fine :P Also, might overclock well because Nvidia's binning the reference cards, who knows :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Colder than my heart.

Just turn the fans up and it'll be fine :P Also, might overclock well because Nvidia's binning the reference cards, who knows :P

Either way I'm happy lol and yea I have a loud swamp cooler in my house anyway so I just run all the fans 100% lol they'll be ight

dia de los Muertos

~CPU~ I5 6600K @4.5GHz ~GPU~ GTX 1070 EVGA FTW ~PSU~ EVGA G1 650W ~HDD~ 1TB WD Caviar Blue

~RAM~ G.Skill 16GB DDR4 2400 ~CASE~ NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ~MOBO~ MSI Z170 SLI Plus

This is what iv gotten to with my R9 390 which puzzles me the more i try to tinker with it : 

So , the memory happily goes 275mhz over the stock 1500Mhz .. The core on the other hand does not want to play at all . 

1010Mz is the stock , it goes to 1050Mhz until artifacts start popping , unless i add voltage . But , i cannot go over 1100Mhz , even with +80mV and the power limit increased to 50% . 

Any ideas / help ? 

bandicam 2016-06-29 18-40-28-638.jpg

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Hi, everyone.

i have just joint the forum for the reason of looking where other peoples overclock on a sapphire 7950.

when i  got a descent power supply in my system i could start overclocking.

correctly im running 1290/1750.. i can push it to 1300/1800 but i had two crashes in a week so i dialed it back slightly, now i just want to know if it is unusually high as i have struggled to find anyone getting over 1250mhz.

1 hour ago, Mikkel.Jensen said:

Hi, everyone.

i have just joint the forum for the reason of looking where other peoples overclock on a sapphire 7950.

when i  got a descent power supply in my system i could start overclocking.

correctly im running 1290/1750.. i can push it to 1300/1800 but i had two crashes in a week so i dialed it back slightly, now i just want to know if it is unusually high as i have struggled to find anyone getting over 1250mhz.

anything over 1200 is good on old amd cards imo , my hd 7950 was a golden early sample and it got up to 1300mhz core and 2000mhz ram (but that's literal gold card and was an engineering sample) 

amd cards compared to nvidia cards don't overclock as high generally 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Looking through on forums, a lot of people are having trouble hitting 1100-1150.

using fur mark and heaven benchmark, i can get it to 1330 mhz core and 1850 on ram.. but it sort of falls apart when i start gaming..

i was just wondering if i by some reason have got a "rare" card as it overclocks so well.

even though it was a card i bought years ago from someone of the internet for like 30£ less then average :D

So I got a dilemma guys... I got my 1070 FE running at 2052 Core Clock (+220), 4252MHz Mem Clock (+250), and 112% Power limit and it doesn't go above 60 C - 65 C, however I'm hearing overclockersclub.com saying that they're running theirs at +552 Mem Clock for a total of 4520MHz. Not that I don't like to test out my own overclock and all that, however I do like to take advice from reputable sites who do it for a living. So my question here is (sorry for all the extra shit) Who do ya'll consider more reliable overclockersclub.com or hardocp.com? Has anyone had any personal experience with their 1070 and think I should be pushing it farther? Also I'm no expert in this, but as long as my GPU isn't reaching it's thermal limit or thermal throttling then I'm good right? any feedback would be much appreciated!!!

dia de los Muertos

hello,

I have a TURBO-GTX960-OC-4GD5 because it says it is overclocked is it possible to overclock it further??

And what reputable software can i use to overclock it??

Thanks 

Results From My GTX 1070 Gigabyte G1 Gaming Overclock

In OC Mode in the Gigabyte Xtreme Utlity, it hits a constant 1949mhz boost clock no hotter than 65C.

Using MSI Afterburner and Heaven Benchmark, I got a +70 Mhz Core for a constant boost clock of 2012-2037Mhz depending on Tempatures. For Memory I got a +500 Mhz offset for a effective 9Ghz Memory with no Artifacts. Going past 500 would yield artifacts and going past +70 mhz on the core would cause Heaven to crash. It is possible to reach 2050mhz using a very aggressive fancurve near 100% but thats not worth it. Seems GPU boost 3.0 is quite limiting our Overclocks but thats okay! Heaven Benchmark score without Overclock 2398, Overclocked 2577.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

Gigabyte G1 GTX1070 

Bought this card a few days ago and it's my first attempt overclocking.

I've added 130 to core clock and 200 to the memory clock.

Tested in Valley benchmark and Rainbow six siege and it seems stable.

In rainbow six siege i get 4200mhz memory clock and 2025mhz core clock

Temp is about 60c stable with the fans running at auto speed 

Are these results normal?

3 hours ago, Maist said:

Gigabyte G1 GTX1070 

Bought this card a few days ago and it's my first attempt overclocking.

I've added 130 to core clock and 200 to the memory clock.

Tested in Valley benchmark and Rainbow six siege and it seems stable.

In rainbow six siege i get 4200mhz memory clock and 2025mhz core clock

Temp is about 60c stable with the fans running at auto speed 

Are these results normal?

Yes, any GTX 1070 should be able to hit at least +500 Memory overclock. Keep pushing the memory up untill you start seeing artifacts in Valley (Flashes, Stars, Werid things that aren't supposed to be there) They can sometimes we quite hard to see and happen quickly IMO your memory overclock is really low. I woulden't expect most GTX 1070's to push 2050mhz anyway so yes all your results are normal compared to mine except the memory overclock.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

Any ideas as to how to "reset" the settings of a GPU?

I haven't fiddled much with it in terms of voltages, clock speeds, etc etc. Only the LED Color and Fan speeds.

Used Zotac Firestorm first then switched to MSI Afterburner. Decided to use Zotac Firestorm instead because it was more simple to use (in my opinion). I just want to reset everything with regards to the setting of my GPU so that it wont' get "confused" (dunno if that's the right term for it) with its own setting.

Using Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme 8gb.

Thanks!

Edited by ZakuII
Changed font style/size. Previous was abyssmal.

Looks like I've lost the lottery :(

My EVGA 1080 FTW won't even overclock by 25Mhz. Max boost is 1987 but only for a fraction of a second. Stays at 1936 most of the time.

Oh well, at least it's way overkill for what I need anyway :P 

Question. A while ago I asked a bit of help with OCing my GPU, a Matrix Platinum GTX 780ti because it was crashing even if I simply gave it 1Mhz more (any difference in MHz would make it crash, even the default +20 OC Mode in GPU TWEAK II) and folk told me to take it to the shop while I still had warranty because it likely was a faulty card.

Earlier today I did just that only to be recommended to update my bios, uninstall the Nvidia Drivers and download the "certified" Driver from the Asus Support website. So I did, uninstalled the drivers, updated the BIOS re-installed the drivers with the ones from the website and even unchecked the geforce experience app (after all it optimizes for 30 fps not 60 and most of the times I find the settings are lame and I can get better ones manually).

After all of that I went and tried to OC the gpu again... and it didn't work, about 10 or 20 seconds into Heaven Benchmark the graphic controller crashes.

They also told me that other reason might be my windows 10 installation that is faulty but having to install windows + all the crap I need again isn't something I'm feeling like doing unless I really have too, and doing it just for an OC isn't that worth (poor gpu).

Would you guys have any suggestions?

The laptop I'm currently on comes with Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia 660M (which is soldered to the mobo), and I OC'd the 660M by ~50MHz on both clock speed and memory. I noticed games started having the symptoms of a dying GPU (in my case the 3D models were all rendered oddly, the screen flickered, and some cutscenes in games froze but continued the audio).

I put the settings back to stock and everything seems to be fine, but I'm concerned whether or not the GPU will die any time. I plan to take my SSD and replace it with a regular hard drive, then make it a streaming PC for my parents in our living room.

An alternative I thought of was to remove the wifi card and connect a cheap desktop GPU (that's at least just as powerful as the 660M) and just use ethernet cables instead of wifi.

Should I be concerned regarding the life of the dedicated GPU, and also this laptop's performance if the dedicated GPU dies?

OC'd my 1070. It's a reference Founder's Edition card. Benchmarked using Unigine Heaven. No artifacts on the stock run or on the stable OC'd run.

Stock Unigine Heaven results:

9dd941b611.png

OC'd Unigine Heaven results:

819ea8f447.png

Here's my OC settings in MSi Afterburner:

Core Voltage - Not adjustable since reference

Power Limit % - 112

Core Clock - +190

Memory Clock - +290

COMIC SANS

I have two zotac 1070 fe. would a corsair hx750 psu be enough to handle overclocking?

On 8/2/2016 at 11:50 PM, Modus said:

I have two zotac 1070 fe. would a corsair hx750 psu be enough to handle overclocking?

I would say it should be enough, depends on how good your cards are at overclocking, but usually it is a thermal limit not power or chip stability. 

Yours faithfully

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13875895 

MSI gtx 1070 gaming x 8g

100 core clock overclock

nothing else touched. I wonder if my cpu is a tad weak because heaven's fps count was a tad low on the min fps count

I5-4440 12gb ram MSI gtx 1070 gaming x evga 600b power supply