The GPU Overclocking Database

Cobalt
On 5/13/2013 at 6:44 PM, Cobalt said:

EDIT:

Hello everyone. Yesterday was the third anniversary of the database and I wanted to thank all of the 200+ people who have uploaded to the proyect in all these years.

I have been absent for quite some time now, coming every now and then to upload a few entries and try to clean up the format, but looking back to these three years I think all of you deserve better, the database deserves better than me checking it every six months. For now I will finish registering all of the remaining entries and clean the format to facilititate readability, I will be uploading a data analysis within the week and finally I am working on a new entry form that will hopefully be more clean and organized than the first version.

----

So here it is, have you ever run into problems by overclocking too high??, boosting only 10MHz up the stock speed because you think your card might blow?? Well, today I bring you the end of your problems: THE GPU OVERCLOCKING DATABASE.

Ok, bad intro over, the general idea of the database is to have a place where everyone on the internet see and compare overclocking result no matter what card they have and no matter how crazy or conservative they want to overclock them.

For addional info you can check this http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/15788-gpu-overclocking-database-project/ thread. All the general idea is there.

Here is the link to the form in which you can enter as many cards as you want: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JRtSc8imZJ1J21T0bn99wP6BZbYf_uUbfMhPX4Y7LbE/viewform

Spreadsheet insertion: (Coming Soon)

And here is the link to the database: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc? key=0Al4AReUTy6OsdFBJRWJwTTBIRE1OQlZrSmhFYlVVa2c#gid=0

As an intencion to represent in a more complete way the overclocking, we know that not every system is the same and therefore would like every one of the participants of the database to add as much information as they please about their overcloking and their system, may they be specs, airflow description, watercooling setup, game benchmarks and synthetic results, your personal history with the card everything that you think may affect even 1% of your overclocking scenario, everything that you think may be important as long as you feel comfortable with, we know that not everyone likes to give away their system info, so everything in this step is optional, but we feel that could become a useful tool for when people check the database, which is the point of the entirer project. Those who wish to participate in this new requirement can submit their description right here on this thread and at the moment of submitting your entry you just have to link that post and I will appear on the database, just as the rest of the information. I hope to hear your feedback on how we can make this better but more than anything I hope that this database can grow so that it can be helpful for all of us.

EDIT: THE POST DOES NOT REPLACE THE DATABASE SUBMISSION,

Check this post by our collab Skullbringer for a general and very detailed idea on how to submit the info. 

Edit 1: When submitting the photos, only direct links please, we are monitoring on docs so IMG crusts don't work

Edit 2: Examples of validation screenshots: 

Hidden Content

do the 1070 seahawk

Got an Msi Gaming x gtx 1070 with the following tweaks:

Power limit: +126%

Core offset: +150 Mhz (stable 2050 mhz) 

Memory offset: +200mhz

Voltage: stock

Went from 56.5fps to 59.7fps in Valley benchmark -  extreme preset 1440p

Kinda bummed the memory clock couldn't go higher.   I've read posts where people were able to increase by 700!

Pics:

Stock

stock valley.png

OC'd

oc valley.png

OC pic.png

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

• 2 weeks later...

Got an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Power limit: +122%

Core offset: +139 Mhz (stable 2152boost) 

Memory offset: +400mhz

Voltage: 1.092

Stress test: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/14514400

lgX7JOM.png

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping someone submits an OC for the Sapphire Nitro OC+ RX 480 sometime soon. I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how to get even modest gains on that thing. :/

Not worth the money 

I think the gtx 970M is enough to run any game at decent settings

GPU: Palit GTX 750 StormX OC

Core Clock: 1250

Boost clock: 1379.5

Memory: 1420.6

Voltage: 1.139 V

Stock:

Unigen Heven Stock.JPG

OC:

Unigen Heven OC.JPG

Just got a GTX 1080 today.  It's a Zotac Founders Edition and it seems to be doing pretty good.  I was able to push it all the way to +350 on the core giving me a boost clock of 2084mhz with a max clock of 2062mhz and a sustained 2012mhz while stress testing with Heaven Bench.  I set the fan speed to 100% and was pretty stable right around 65°C. I'm still trying to figure out how GPU Boost 3.0 works since it's really fussy about temperature.  I set the fan to 80% and temps shot up to 75°C and it seems like GPU Boost dropped my voltage from 1.062 to 1.05, which lowered my sustained clock from 2012mhz down to 1999mhz.  I'm actually surprised how quiet this cooler is.  I have a pretty quiet case so that helps but running it at 80% is perfectly reasonable. 100% fan speed is a bit much though.

TL:DR

+350 Core with 2062mhz (peak) and 2012mhz (sustained)

+500mhz memory

120% Power

+25% max voltage (approximately 1.06ish)

65°C (ambient 26°)

I still might be able to push the core clock farther but it seems like I'm hitting a power limit due to the fact every time I increase the Core Offset, I only get a small fraction back in actual frequency increases.  The bump from +300 to +350 only got me about an additional 5mhz so it just doesn't seem worth it.  It also seems like it's important to keep the temperatures below 70°C or else the GPU Boost will aggressively limit the potential of the card.  Maybe if I ever put this thing on water, I'll be able to push it close to 2100mhz...

Anyway, on to the Heaven Bench results.  Bare in mind I'm running it at 3440x1440 so my results are way lower than anyone who would be running it at 1080p.

Stock:

B5wlOij.jpg

2012mhz Core + 500mhz Memory

GgePdVA.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Here is my valley score on my GTX980TI and my i7 4770K 4.2Ghz:

pvmjan0.png
1PK0an8.png

CPU: i7 4770K @4.2Ghz  |  Corsair H100i V2  |  ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1  |  32GB Corsair 1600Mhz  |  GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G  |  Cooler Master Silent Pro 850 Watt

well where do i begin ok so...

Power Limit +10

Core Clock 945 Mhz

Memory Clock 900 Mhz

Fan Speed 100%

AMD-Radeon-R7-240-Specifications.jpg

Posted After Realizing the Forum is for More then boasting about your GTX 1080 ^_^ 

Hey guys! I recently did a video that should be up today or tomorrow (I'll update this post with a link). In it I overclock my 970 Strix and my new PNY 1060 6gb. Uploaded is a pic that didn't make it into the video anyways (I went with graphs that aren't as pretty :(). Note: Both cards have had their thermal paste replaced with Arctic MX-4, and the Strix has some additional VRM cooling (another video if anyone is interested). Overclocked using afterburner, which wouldn't allow any voltage changes. Temp and Power limits when OCing where raised to the max. Stock fan profile for stock settings, custom fan profile for overclocking.

- Settings -

970 Strix:

*Stock*

Max Core Boost: 1316.3

Max Memory: 1526.8 (6107.2 Effective)

Max Temp: 66c

Max Fan: 51%

*Overclock* +185 CORE AND +450 MEMORY

Max Core Boost: 1501.3

Max Memory: 1976.8 (7907.2 Effective)

Max Temp: 76c

Max Fan: 59%

1060 6gb PNY

*Stock*

Max Core Boost: 1885.5

Max Memory: 2003.4 (8013.6 Effective)

Max Temp: 72c

Max Fan: 60%

*Overclock* +185 CORE AND +450 MEMORY

Max Core Boost: 1501.3

Max Memory: 2328.8 (9315.2 Effective)

Max Temp: 74c

Firestrike-Extreme-Comparison.png

Max Fan: 61%

• 2 weeks later...

I have a gtx 1080. I used to overclock with the old 650 watt psu I used to have. I put in the new corsair rm850i psu and I am getting 20 fps on csgo. 22 when overclocking.

will overclocking cause my gtx 1080 cause csgo to drop to the 20 fps mark

20 hours ago, Liam1234 said:

I have a gtx 1080. I used to overclock with the old 650 watt psu I used to have. I put in the new corsair rm850i psu and I am getting 20 fps on csgo. 22 when overclocking.

Try to switch to borderless window and back to fullscreen.
It helped to me when I had 30fps with my gtx 1070

Just now, Vinitharius said:

Try to switch to borderless window and back to fullscreen.
It helped to me when I had 30fps with my gtx 1070

i will try that

Anyone have their OC Settings for Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme? 

• 3 weeks later...

XFX RX 480 GTR 1288MHz.

Stock:

Temp 67*C max

38% fan speed max

1288MHz core

2000MHz VRAM

107W Max power

Overclock with stock voltage:

Temp 70*C max

41% fan speed

1375 MHz core

2100 MHz VRAM

110W max power

Overclock with overvolt (max possible overclock)

Temp 76*C

72% max fan speed

1420 MHz core

2100 MHz VRAM

137W max power

I can push the core further in gaming but not in stress tests at each voltage setting. I could probably get the numbers a little higher with the settings that I have but it honestly wouldn't be worth the time.

Max at stock:

validation2_by_dragon_tamer_10-daneqwa.p

Max possible overclock:

validation_by_dragon_tamer_10-danepvr.pn

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Another RX480, but this time a Sapphire Nitro+ 8GB. Air cool reaches 1465MHz core, and 2220MHz memory.

Watercool this baby with EK universal water block, drops temperature by 40C and core does 1520MHz. Firestrike graphics score 15,560.

RX480 @ 1520MHz.png

RX480 Firestrike score.png

• 1 month later...

Hey guys my ATI Radeon HD 4890 managed to hit with msi afterburner a memory clock of 1090mhz and a gpu clock of 950mhz and keeping it at about 60-70 degrees Celsius, is that good for a gpu with a reference style blower fan?

I'm interested.

Has anybody had any trubles with the new radeon update.

I updated my software and it switched the overclock (msi afterburner)for the voltage and the core clock so i had to wipe the whole system any amd user had this problem?

It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow. Craig Bruce 

6 hours ago, TechRicalx said:

I'm interested.

Has anybody had any trubles with the new radeon update.

I updated my software and it switched the overclock (msi afterburner)for the voltage and the core clock so i had to wipe the whole system any amd user had this problem?

Not really but I think that is because I use an outdated card but is it ok for when I oc my card and put the max mem clock up to 1000mhz and the Coe up to 970mhz it only goes up to 850mhz under load

• 4 weeks later...

how far can I overclock a rx470 4gb sapphire nitro+?

it already has a factory boost clock of 1260MHZ.

how much more can I get out of it?