Corsair MIGHT start making air GPU coolers?

Sonefiler

My eleven Corsair fans at max speed, plus a Push-Pull H100i, beg to differ. You cannot find anything better than their fans for the price.

You're telling me you can't hear this in your room? 

You desperately need to get your hearing checked if so lol.  IMO, if you spend anything more than enough to buy a potato PC, it should be quiet, and fans should never have to hit anywhere near 100% to cool it perfectly.

Yes there are better, but not for the price.

Noctua. Have you seen the price of those things? Plus, they're fugly.

Never heard of Noiseblocker. Don't trust them because of that.

Gelid, seen bad reviews of their other products. Don't trust them.

Fractal Design? Seriously? Logisys is better than Fractal Design at fans. Hell, MSI is even better than Fractal Design, and that's a feat in itself.

There are better for the price, rosewill hyperborea's dump all over them in terms of noise levels & most likely airflow to noise ratio as well. Not to mention they cost like $9 each.

Noctua's are FAR from "top of the line" contrary to belief, not really sure why they get so much praise.  After trying them myself, then comparing to GT's, there really wasn't a contest in noise levels, while having more airflow through my radiators.

Noiseblocker is one of the best fan makers in the industry, if you haven't heard of them that's on you, not on them.

While corsair fans aren't the best, they aren't nearly as bad as they could be.

A. Noctua has that industrial fan line for the more aesthetically concerned customer, and they have the redux line for the customer on a budget.

B. You having not heard of Noiseblocker doesn't reflect poorly on them, it reflects poorly on you.

C. Not sure where you read these reviews.

D. Can't say you're too wrong about that one.

Agree 100% with @mvitkun 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Notice anything? Well, the Corsair guy says that they used a clever trick by "reusing the blower style coolers from the reference cards".

Where did they get those reference coolers? Exactly, they stripped them off of reference GPUs. Why do they even HAVE those reference GPUs? Good question, and my theory is that Corsair will get into the GPU cooling market, which would be really awesome considering their amazing quality fans and good history.

They have the reference design cards to check for compatibility with this product, and other such as their cases. That's it. No need for any random theories backed by no evidence.

Nzxt compensated dwood for his design and worked with nzxt to bring the g10 to market. Dwood had two brackets, with and without fan attachment. There was no ripoffs from nzxt. The linked pic of the dwood bracket and the stock rear blower fan is just his non fan mount model with the stock gpu fan left on.

Corsair gpu mount uses the fan from your own card. They supply the cooling plate which resembles stock plate but allows any h series pump to be mounted to it. Only works with some reference cards ATM and only reference cards. The pics shown are not the retail versions but prototypes which will have chances made for release.

I think their new GPU coolers, look pretty cool.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Nzxt compensated dwood for his design and worked with nzxt to bring the g10 to market. Dwood had two brackets, with and without fan attachment. There was no ripoffs from nzxt. The linked pic of the dwood bracket and the stock rear blower fan is just his non fan mount model with the stock gpu fan left on.

Corsair gpu mount uses the fan from your own card. They supply the cooling plate which resembles stock plate but allows any h series pump to be mounted to it. Only works with some reference cards ATM and only reference cards. The pics shown are not the retail versions but prototypes which will have chances made for release.

Link to where  you found out that Dwood was compensated and worked with NZXT to create this product?

And technically he had 3 brackets.

The bent lip mount w/ fan mount and the flat mount w/ fan mount.

a11bf763_900x900px-LL-979e6102_personali

The Basic w/o fan mount.

600x450px-LL-a9cd9d1c_paint.jpeg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'm gonna fly over and break your pinky toes if you stick corsairs in that Caselabs

:P

I have 16 SP120s that will be going on my CaseLabs case along with a few AF120/AF140 fans too. There is nothing wrong with them at the price point they are available, heck people like 8-pack use them all the time so I am sure it would be just fine for us mortals. There are better options when you go performance/noise but with the GTs gone, I can't think of anything better performance/price wise..

I have 16 SP120s that will be going on my CaseLabs case along with a few AF120/AF140 fans too. There is nothing wrong with them at the price point they are available, heck people like 8-pack use them all the time so I am sure it would be just fine for us mortals. There are better options when you go performance/noise but with the GTs gone, I can't think of anything better performance/price wise..

Jumping on a plane...prepare yourself..

:P

Link to where  you found out that Dwood was compensated and worked with NZXT to create this product?

And technically he had 3 brackets.

The bent lip mount w/ fan mount and the flat mount w/ fan mount.

a11bf763_900x900px-LL-979e6102_personali

The Basic w/o fan mount.

600x450px-LL-a9cd9d1c_paint.jpeg

I'll try and look for it. Its in the first 50 pages of the thread for the nzxt g10

"Hardware news" on OCN.

I'm aware of all dwood a products- i help start the thread which got dwood started making his own brackets.

I'll try and look for it. Its in the first 50 pages of the thread for the nzxt g10

"Hardware news" on OCN.

I'm aware of all dwood a products- i help start the thread which got dwood started making his own brackets.

Checked his account activity, and his last post was 6/19/13......the G10 was released 12/26/13 (or somewhere around there).

Checked his posts since January in anything that might be a G10 thread, and nothing.

There were no posts in anything with a title that related to the G10.

The closest thread was the Switch 810 (case by NZXT).

So I think I'm gonna call bs on this, unless he has another account on another forum which you know him by.

Or if by some chance you're Dwood, although I find that somewhat doubtful that he'd join the LTT forum after dropping his website for the brackets and after not posting in his own thread for a year.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

DWood disappeared off the face of the earth and took some money that people had sent for more of his brackets as well. No one really knows what happened but one theory is that NZXT contacted him for assistance on making his bracket a commercial product with the condition that he have nothing more to do with his artisan work on OCN.

I assume we are talking dwood correct?

Dwood is gone,  i will go and find it ... 

* insert Jeopardy song here

http://www.overclock.net/t/1445970/legitreviews-nzxt-announces-kraken-g10-liquid-cooled-gpu-mounting-kit/40_20#post_21267090

"Originally Posted by anticommon go_quote.gif

Is this the new dwood bracket?

This isn't Dwoods bracket.. .We took his design and made changes to it. We compensated DWood for his design as reference. We didn't just take it.

Edited by xD3aDPooLx - 11/27/13 at 8:49a    "

try not to choke on your humble pie  :lol:

Who the hell bumped this.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock