Corsair MIGHT start making air GPU coolers?

Sonefiler

Hey guys, 

So first watch this video, specifically the HG10 part. 

Notice anything? Well, the Corsair guy says that they used a clever trick by "reusing the blower style coolers from the reference cards".

Where did they get those reference coolers? Exactly, they stripped them off of reference GPUs. Why do they even HAVE those reference GPUs? Good question, and my theory is that Corsair will get into the GPU cooling market, which would be really awesome considering their amazing quality fans and good history.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Their fans are nothing amazing...

They are very loud, and don't push as much air as other fans which are quieter.

Oh and also the blower fans are attached to the reference GPUs, they didn't strip anything off. The HG10 is designed to go over the stock fan to take advantage of it. This is a VERY bad idea for AMD cards because their stock fan is loud as hell.

I'm pretty sure they will not be making any air GPU coolers. In case you haven't notice, they do not have any air CPU coolers.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My eleven Corsair fans at max speed, plus a Push-Pull H100i, beg to differ. You cannot find anything better than their fans for the price.

My eleven Corsair fans at max speed, plus a Push-Pull H100i, beg to differ. You cannot find anything better than their fans for the price.

Are you serious? 11 30DB fans at full speed?!?

You must have hearing issues...or your PC is in a different room...

Yes there are many better options than corsair fans. Noctua, noiseblocker, gelid, fractal design, etc...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Oh and also the blower fans are attached to the reference GPUs, they didn't strip anything off. The HG10 is designed to go over the stock fan to take advantage of it. This is a VERY bad idea for AMD cards because their stock fan is loud as hell.

I'm pretty sure they will not be making any air GPU coolers. In case you haven't notice, they do not have any air CPU coolers.

Oh, that's too bad. Being a Corsair fanboy, I was looking forward to that.

Maybe they will make CPU AND GPU air coolers :D

The stock fan is only being used to cool the VRMs so it's not that bad.

You can Find Gentle Typhoon AP-15s for around the same price. GTs just destroy everything else.

It's good to see corsair looking at this, might cause some other brands to do the same

also damn i can't wait for those graphite 780T cases to arrive

Yes there are many better options than corsair fans. Noctua, noiseblocker, gelid, fractal design, etc...

I have to agree with you, I had a few SP fans and they were loud even at Low-Medium, I'm now running 7x AP 121's and my rig is quieter than one or two of the SP120's at full speed.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Oh, that's too bad. Being a Corsair fanboy, I was looking forward to that.

Maybe they will make CPU AND GPU air coolers :D

The stock fan is only being used to cool the VRMs so it's not that bad.

Corsair actually does have air cpu heatsinks; The A50 and the A70

towers.jpg

Although I don't think that when he said that he meant they were entering the gpu heatsink market.

The HG10 is a rip-off of Dwood's GPU bracket, as is NZXT's G10.

a11bf763_900x900px-LL-979e6102_personali

And in the same way that Corsair might use the reference fan Dwood also had a basic bracket that allowed you to reuse the GPU blower fan.

img0558ue.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Yes there are better, but not for the price.

Noctua. Have you seen the price of those things? Plus, they're fugly.

Never heard of Noiseblocker. Don't trust them because of that.

Gelid, seen bad reviews of their other products. Don't trust them.

Fractal Design? Seriously? Logisys is better than Fractal Design at fans. Hell, MSI is even better than Fractal Design, and that's a feat in itself.

towers.jpg

Although I don't think that when he said that he meant they were entering the gpu heatsink market.

a11bf763_900x900px-LL-979e6102_personali

And in the same way that Corsair might use the reference fan Dwood also had a basic bracket that allowed you to reuse the GPU blower fan.

img0558ue.jpg

The Corsair HG10 will have support for the square block Corsair AIOs.

Fractal Design? Seriously? Logisys is better than Fractal Design at fans. Hell, MSI is even better than Fractal Design, and that's a feat in itself.

A. Noctua has that industrial fan line for the more aesthetically concerned customer, and they have the redux line for the customer on a budget.

B. You having not heard of Noiseblocker doesn't reflect poorly on them, it reflects poorly on you.

C. Not sure where you read these reviews.

D. Can't say you're too wrong about that one.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

The Corsair HG10 will have support for the square block Corsair AIOs.

and?

ICIDzzi.jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

Have you seen the new noctua fans? obviously not.

If you have not heard of noiseblocker you must be new around here. They are some of the best fans in existence. Have you ever tried fractal design fans? They are some of the quietest fans, at under 15db while still pushing just as much air s corsair fans do. Gelid is also highly recommended by linus, and his build only uses those.

Spoiler

There is no link to that product on their website...

Spoiler

There is no link to that product on their website...

whose website?

Linus Sebastian said:

whose website?

Corsair...

When you go to 'CPU Coolers' It only shows the Hydro series. Nothing else...

For some reason you can only get to it from google searching the product :\

Spoiler

and?

ICIDzzi.jpg

Well Ive never heard of this dwood and probably most others haven't either. The NZXT G10 is the most popular by far and they don't support square blocks

Well Ive never heard of this dwood and probably most others haven't either. The NZXT G10 is the most popular by far and they don't support square blocks

And you've also never heard of NoiseBlocker, one of the best fan manufactures ever.

But i know you enjoy your Cosairs...Cuz Colors...right?

Actually most people who wanted this kind of product for a while have heard of Dwood, and he was selling the same product with more customization for ~2 years before NZXT offered their rip-off.

And he offered it for a considerably lower price.

Linus Sebastian said:

I don't think corsair fans are that bad, they are pretty quiet, not the best in the market but at the price of half of a noctua for me, the value is there. They are easy to buy, I can't find a single gt fans where I am and nb don't exist too. Even Silverstone or spectre pro ones are more expensive.

Plus the corsair ones can fit a wide range of build. So I guess its decent for its price. If my system can stay below ambient sound level I hardly think it's warranted to drop 2x the amount of money for fans that won't give you close to twice the benefit.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

you, are just biased, noiseblocker fans are fine, fractal design fans are fine. theres nothing wrong with them

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Enderman, on 04 Jun 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

Corsair...

When you go to 'CPU Coolers' It only shows the Hydro series. Nothing else...

For some reason you can only get to it from google searching the product :\

I believe they have been discontinued for quite a while already.

bewsPnF.gif

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I believe they have been discontinued for quite a while already.

AHA Just what I thought. Corsair does NOT make air coolers! @mvitkun

Spoiler