シルバー - Shirubā

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

COMPLETE! 

Everything wired up, side panels on, booted and Windows installed. Still got some software setup to do, but I won't be documenting that. 

Going to take some final pictures soon, probably today with my phone, but I'll take some more, better ones with my friend's camera or another camera if I can find one I can use. For now I've left you a Shinobu gif as a placeholder. 

It's taken a while, but I've really enjoyed this build. I feel like I've learnt a fair bit about modding from this build as several things didn't go to plan and I had to change things as I went along. Finishing this has made me want to create another rig (probably a media PC/720p gaming). I have a few ideas for it, among which are designing it in a Mirror's Edge art style or using an anime character as a base (probably Shinobu or another character from the Monogatari series). Keep an eye out for another build log from me at some point in 2015. 

Thank you to everyone who's followed, commented, provided helpful criticism and suggestions, complimented or just looked at the build log. I'll be submitting it to build logs of the month/week soon, so please vote for it if you have the chance (: 

Bye for now (: 

tumblr_mgcikkZdyN1rnrot7o1_500.gif

Holy fuck

I really like those black tubes.

I need to consider doing something like this.

It's nice tubing. A little stiff, as it's thick walled, but I much prefer how it looks compared to thin tubing. 

I was actually considering going with white tubing, but after looking around, I saw that pretty much every black/white build went with white tubing, so I wanted to do it slightly different.

• 4 months later...

How much did those titans cost each?

CPU: i7 3770 3.40Ghz 3.90Ghz II  Motherboard: Gigabyte II Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition II Case: CM Storm Enforcer II

Storage: Intel 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB SSHD II PSU: Thermal Take 700w II

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.  ~Joker

35 minutes ago, Ace0100 said:

How much did those titans cost each?

About £800 each if you average it out. One of them is an EVGA Signature edition, so it was a bit more expensive. I bought them pretty close to when they were released. 

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

About £800 each if you average it out. One of them is an EVGA Signature edition, so it was a bit more expensive. I bought them pretty close to when they were released. 

here in aus the titan X is about 1600 and at the time of the Titan black would of been 1300 now u cant find them no more lol so dam expensive

CPU: i7 3770 3.40Ghz 3.90Ghz II  Motherboard: Gigabyte II Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance II GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition II Case: CM Storm Enforcer II

Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.  ~Joker

4 minutes ago, Ace0100 said:

here in aus the titan X is about 1600 and at the time of the Titan black would of been 1300 now u cant find them no more lol so dam expensive

If you go by conversion rates alone, they were about $1500 AUD when I bought them. 

I had SLI 780Tis for about a month before the Titan Black released and I was running into vRAM limitations. I sold both the 780Tis for only around £50 loss (I bought backplates for both, which knocked up the value a lot as they were already installed when I came to sell), then spent around £200-300 more on getting Titan Blacks instead, so it didn't feel like a massive hit to the bank like it would have been otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you go by conversion rates alone, they were about $1500 AUD when I bought them. 

I had SLI 780Tis for about a month before the Titan Black released and I was running into vRAM limitations. I sold both the 780Tis for only around £50 loss (I bought backplates for both, which knocked up the value a lot as they were already installed when I came to sell), then spent around £200-300 more on getting Titan Blacks instead, so it didn't feel like a massive hit to the bank like it would have been otherwise. 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/components/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-titan/1106540365

this reasonable and is it better then my 970 G1 Gaming edition?

25 minutes ago, Ace0100 said:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/components/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-titan/1106540365

this reasonable and is it better then my 970 G1 Gaming edition?

Wouldn't go for it. Considering the 970 is a little below the 780Ti, the 970 should perform better than the Titan in most games. 

Have a look through the benchmarks here. The 970 beats the Titan every time bar Crysis 3 and Hitman.