シルバー - Shirubā

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

COMPLETE! 

Everything wired up, side panels on, booted and Windows installed. Still got some software setup to do, but I won't be documenting that. 

Going to take some final pictures soon, probably today with my phone, but I'll take some more, better ones with my friend's camera or another camera if I can find one I can use. For now I've left you a Shinobu gif as a placeholder. 

It's taken a while, but I've really enjoyed this build. I feel like I've learnt a fair bit about modding from this build as several things didn't go to plan and I had to change things as I went along. Finishing this has made me want to create another rig (probably a media PC/720p gaming). I have a few ideas for it, among which are designing it in a Mirror's Edge art style or using an anime character as a base (probably Shinobu or another character from the Monogatari series). Keep an eye out for another build log from me at some point in 2015. 

Thank you to everyone who's followed, commented, provided helpful criticism and suggestions, complimented or just looked at the build log. I'll be submitting it to build logs of the month/week soon, so please vote for it if you have the chance (: 

Bye for now (: 

tumblr_mgcikkZdyN1rnrot7o1_500.gif

Just some pictures of the complete build. Taken with my phone, so they're not great. I don't like how the LEDs make the build look (kind of blue, and they hit the res weird and make it look kind of cloudy) so I'm planning on removing them and just having the "シルバー" light up. 

zp46por.jpg

heQSF6C.jpg

Just some pictures of the complete build. Taken with my phone, so they're not great. I don't like how the LEDs make the build look (kind of blue, and they hit the res weird and make it look kind of cloudy) so I'm planning on removing them and just having the "シルバー" light up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I want your buildddd....

It looks great... A dabble of personalization without going overboard

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I want your buildddd....

It looks great... A dabble of personalization without going overboard

I'm going to remove the front LEDs and just have the ones behind the Japanese lettering to see how it will look. I don't like the blue light the 'white' LEDs give off. It's worse in pictures, but definitely has a blue tint in person too. 

But thanks (: I'm happy with it. Still thinking about making another rig with Parvum System's case. I probably wouldn't even keep it, just sell it xD 

Wow nice job! Cool to see this finally finished. Can't wait for the quality pics. 

I really like the way the back tubing looks, especially the fact that it's not too glossy. I think too many people avoid using it in black systems, it really looks good. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Wow nice job! Cool to see this finally finished. Can't wait for the quality pics. 

I really like the way the back tubing looks, especially the fact that it's not too glossy. I think too many people avoid using it in black systems, it really looks good. 

Thank you. 

Yeah, I've seen so many builds with black fittings and white tubing, which was what I planned on at the start, but then I saw matte black tubing and decided I liked it better. 

• 4 weeks later...

Fancy setup you have there! Good job! xD

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

omg :o soooo cool~  ^^

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

• 3 weeks later...

it looks great to me i dont know if its just the picture but it looks less great with the caselight turned on the blacks dont look as deep i think its because the light isnt "soft" enough if you know what i mean something i was thinking about i dont know if youll be able to do it but maybe put the light in the res i think it would cast a cool light around that is more like a light from an aquarium i guess you could just reduce the power going tothe lights but i dont know how you have them powered or anything 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AWESOME and that poster looks awesome!!!! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

• 3 months later...

Holy shit, that's one swag ass build.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems pretty sick.  The funny part is, 

シルバー

is katakana, and is just how the Japanese pronounce the english word Silver.

I had to copy paste it because windows Japanese keyboard isn't working properly for me...

Dude, That is one sweet looking build! 

Cable management is perfect and the tube routing is pretty decent.

Overall, you did a fantastic job!

Looks really nice, mate! Love this blackish theme!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Bicycle i forgot that you had a build this cool till just now...

@Oshino Shinobu

I'm already planning out my next one (:

hey at least you have one. I havnt really had my proper desktop for nearly two years now.

• 1 month later...

Build looks great :P

Btw where or how did you get that Steins;Gate poster??

Build looks great :P

Btw where or how did you get that Steins;Gate poster??

Thanks. Got that one from Amazon probably. If you search for Steins;Gate wall scrolls you might find it

Thanks. Got that one from Amazon probably. If you search for Steins;Gate wall scrolls you might find it

Great, will probably get one :P

• 2 months later...

The GPU water block

• 4 weeks later...

Holy fuck

I really like those black tubes.

I need to consider doing something like this.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd