Oshino Shinobu

シルバー - Shirubā

Posted · Original PosterOP

9PG9pyl.png

So, the forum update seems to have buggered the formatting of this post. I've tried to fix it as best I can, but some things are still not in the correct place.

zp46por.jpg

heQSF6C.jpg

Links:

White GeForce logo mod/guide

Custom black cooler for Titan Black

Midplate/PSU cover log

Black Dominator Platinums 

Complete! The build is done, leak tested, bled (to an extent), wired up, booted and Windows installed, all working perfectly! I still need to take the final pictures of the build, and I'll probably put them near the top of this post once I've got them. 

The name:  シルバー (Shirubā) Literally translates into "Silver". This is mainly due to the build being primarily black but with silver accents. It's in Japanese because it sounds much more pleasing than in English, and I also just like the Japanese language. 

Specs: 

CPU i7 3770K
Motherboard  Asus Sabertooth Z77
RAM  4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866 MHz (going to be 3x4GB for a bit, one of them died. Might get a 16GB kit and make it a total of 24GB)
GPU  2x EVGA GTX Titan Black
Case  Corsair 750D
Storage  2x 250GB Samsung 840 EVO (RAID 0) + single 250GB 840 EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 
PSU  Corsair AX860 (w/ custom sleeved cables)
Display(s)  3x Acer H236HLbmid
Keyboard  Corsair K95 + Ducky Shine 3 (MX Browns)
Mouse  Corsair M95
Sound  Corsair Vengeance 2100 Headset

Watercooling:

CPU Block  EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ
GPU Block x2  EK-FC780 GTX Ti
Reservoir  EK-RES X3 250 + Multioption top
240mm Radiator x2  EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Only 1 240mm now, I didn't have enough room for both of them)
360mm Radiator  EK-CoolStream PE 360
Pump  EK-D5 Vario X-TOP
Tubing  EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black
Compression Fittings  EK-CSQ Nickel 
Angled Fittings  EK-CSQ Adapter 90° Nickel + EK-CSQ Adapter 45° Nickel
GPU Bridge  EK-FC Terminal

'll update this as I go along. Any suggestions are welcome. 

Update 08/06/14. Had an idea for mounting SSDs instead of using the normal mounts in the 750D

Spoiler

fBQnOLc.png

Update 10/06/14. More detailed and new idea for SSD mounting.

Spoiler

skRaEYx.png

Update 25/07/14. Ordered a few more parts. Some boring, but pump and cover are interesting. 

Spoiler

A7CdKuV.png

Update 26/07/14. New parts came. Took some pictures of the pump. 

Spoiler

bce1rZD.jpg

XtZ1XFZ.jpg

Update 27/07/14. Found my paracord after ordering more -.- Pump looking much better now.

Spoiler

eJ9n87Y.jpg

9C2halK.jpg

Update 06/08/14. Made a little banner to put at the top of the thread. Made it very quickly, so if you feel like making me a better one, send me a PM (: 

Spoiler

9PG9pyl.png

Update 19/09/2014. More watercooling parts arrived. Very nearly done with the watercooling parts at this point. Next update will likely be the SSD mounting plate. 

Spoiler

rWRauxy.jpg

4EYENTn.jpg

ylv7WXw.jpg

SXZulNE.jpg

lfvNDpy.jpg

fApdCa5.jpg

Update 21/09/2014. Another update to the SSD mounting plate. Might have to make a few more changes after some test fits, but I think it's close to the final design. 

Spoiler

TF8bkVa.png

Update 02/10/2014. Measured and test fitted the mounting plate. Created the finalised DXF file for the cutting company. 

Spoiler

KHml0pC.jpg

b7AD9xP.png

Update #1 22/10/2014. Starting to strip the case and looking at how to remove the optical cage. Drill doesn't work, so going to have to get a new one to remove the rivets. Also, mounting plate arrived. 

Spoiler

U4wzPQS.jpg

AnlitmN.jpg

cYmPMiy.jpg

bEHJ0VH.jpg

OiD9gYI.jpg

Update #2 - 22/10/2014. CPU block and GPU block installed. 

Spoiler

qJjqQkN.jpg

LShWjf3.jpg

vmO503G.jpg

vFX9iwU.jpg

1d5sUPx.jpg

goqjywP.jpg

qb8L8Xf.jpg

JZPYNia.jpg

h7i6ljt.jpg

Update 23/10/2014. Second GPU block installed.

Spoiler

Wr8xntA.jpg

Bvoe95u.jpg

Update #1 24/10/2014. The optical cages were attached much more securely than I thought, so I had to literally cut them out. 

Spoiler

h7CvdL8.jpg

c5Sk0K5.jpg

PABISo4.jpg

Update #2 24/10/2014. Instead of filing down all of the edges, I found that bending them back gave a better finish and was much much quicker, however ghetto it may be.

Spoiler

ZCdPsC8.jpg

eA0nZFS.jpg

Update #3 24/10/2014. Cleaned up the case and some quick test fits with the motherboard and mounting plate. Not a perfect fit, but I don't think it looks too bad (:

Spoiler

FuyMbob.jpg

mKPLL8F.jpg

LA8cDvf.jpg

Update 25/10/2014. Mounting plate is pretty much finished, just a few things to add and need to straighten the reservoir. Didn't have as much room as I had originally thought, so it's a tighter fit than I would have liked. 

Spoiler

PQJQ1Je.jpg

ktNiOK0.jpg

H83hf89.jpg

MMceHcQ.jpg

Update 27/10/2014. Radiators in, SSDs wired up, reservoir straightened and mounting plate finished. I didn't have enough room to fit both 240mm radiators in along with the pump, kind of annoyed about that. I have a PCIE cable to sleeve before I put the graphics cards in. 

Spoiler

8IEPX7w.jpg

cA4FMqQ.jpg

cA4FMqQ.jpg

94GfHeg.jpg

3r1ROQC.jpg

z1psHcT.jpg

Update #1 29/10/2014. Graphics cards and fittings installed. 

Spoiler

RNIijmz.jpg?1

11wiPR7.jpg

i9qG8BB.jpg

vVBzLjz.jpg

eDRb2z2.jpg

Update #2 29/10/2014. Tubed up! 

Spoiler

Sc63aqQ.jpg

R6lFuQX.jpg

nHvxYEr.jpg

832ArwL.jpg

fty4PwP.jpg

ZyPz0pc.jpg

Update #3 29/10/2014. Filling up! Then 6 hours of leak tests. 

Spoiler

WMpRkYc.jpg

6bbcgMs.jpg

Final pictures!

Spoiler

Coming soon! (Or maybe not, I haven't got a good camera yet)

tumblr_msy0d1tLXf1r3tfg0o1_500.gif

Spoiler

HVfJTtD.jpg

gXSILu3.jpg

mgavpIq.jpg

jT1ZrPQ.jpg

w3s2EFA.jpg

bvtoGDg.jpg

Po62t4z.jpg

bce1rZD.jpg

XtZ1XFZ.jpg

Very small update. The plan for the tubing routing and rad placement. 

jsNDAyZ.jpg

Spoiler

nEL4tuM.jpg

Zqj646G.jpg

dG7Mf2w.jpg

Spoiler

s7GxcD4.jpg

Spoiler

CARB9B9.jpg

Spoiler

That's the name of one of the characters in my stories. She's a kitsune. :D

I love that word, and it feels appropriate for such a build. <3

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Currently, no. I might do after I finish the build, but I haven't really thought about that yet. 

Fair enough it was amazing work on them. You should think about offering a painting/modding service for those kind of coolers.

I gotta keep an eye out on this thread! I am also impreseed with the custom paint job. 

Can't wait to see more. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

First off, this is very early days in this build. I have the majority of the main components, but I'm still buying the watercooling parts. I have some pictures of the watercooling parts that I have so far, and I'll add more when I start taking my current build apart and get all of the components out. 

The name:  シルバー (Shirubā) Literally translates into "Silver". This is mainly due to the build being mainly black but with silver accents. It's in Japanese because it sounds much more pleasing than in English, and I also just like the Japanese language. 

Specs: 

CPU i7 3770K
Motherboard  Asus Sabertooth Z77
RAM  4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866 MHz
GPU  2x EVGA GTX Titan Black
Case  Corsair 750D
Storage  2x Sandisk 64GB SSD (RAID 0) + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 256GB Corsair LX SSD 
PSU  Corsair AX860 (w/ custom sleeved cables)
Display(s)  3x Acer H236HLbmid
Keyboard  Corsair K95 + Ducky Shine 3 (MX Browns)
Mouse  Corsair M95
Sound  Corsair Vengeance 2000 Headset

Watercooling:

CPU Block  EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ
GPU Block x2  EK-FC780 GTX Ti
Reservoir  EK-RES X3 250 + Multioption top
240mm Radiator x2  EK-CoolStream PE 240
360mm Radiator  EK-CoolStream PE 360
Pump  EK-D5 Vario X-TOP
Tubing  EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black
Compression Fittings  EK-CSQ Nickel 
Angled Fittings  EK-CSQ Adapter 90° Nickel + EK-CSQ Adapter 45° Nickel
GPU Bridge  EK-FC Terminal

nEL4tuM.jpg

Zqj646G.jpg

dG7Mf2w.jpg

s7GxcD4.jpg

CARB9B9.jpg

Watercooling parts: 

HVfJTtD.jpg

gXSILu3.jpg

mgavpIq.jpg

jT1ZrPQ.jpg

w3s2EFA.jpg

bvtoGDg.jpg

Po62t4z.jpg

Very small update. The plan for the tubing routing and rad placement. 

jsNDAyZ.jpg

I'll update this as I go along. Any suggestions are welcome. 

What type of sleeving is that?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Heatshrinkless paracord. 

from who?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Just an idea. I've been looking at different SSDs, and a lot of the ones I like the look of have their connectors on the right hand side (like PNY SSDs and 840 EVOs), meaning I can't mount them in my 750D without turning them upside down. I was thinking of removing the mounts and drive cage, then creating a plate to mount them on. 

Just a really quick sketch up, let me know what you think. 

fBQnOLc.png

Just an idea. I've been looking at different SSDs, and a lot of the ones I like the look of have their connectors on the right hand side (like PNY SSDs and 840 EVOs), meaning I can't mount them in my 750D without turning them upside down. I was thinking of removing the mounts and drive cage, then creating a plate to mount them on. 

Just a really quick sketch up, let me know what you think. 

I really like that Idea, you will really show off your SSDs and it will look great.

I am a "stupid" 17 year old that can solve a rubik's cube in under 30 seconds and that is getting into pc gaming.

Thumbs up?

I really like that Idea, you will really show off your SSDs and it will look great.

Thanks. I'm just trying to work out how to mount it and how to cut the holes. I could drill holes in the corners and then use a jigsaw to cut the rest, or I could spend a little more and pay someone with a laser cutter to do it for me. I'd need to get the text engraved anyway, so I might be able to do both at the same time. 

Looks awesome so far!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Looking great so far :)

Thread about changing the GeForce logo to white if anyone is curious
http://www.overclock.net/t/1431233/geforce-gtx-logo-colour-change-on-titan

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Wasn't aware of that :P Great guide by the way 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Made a more detailed and better idea for the SSD mounting/backplate. I'm planning on making this out of 1.5-2mm thick aluminium as I find it's a much nicer material than acrylic, as well as being stronger. Don't have to worry about melting plastic or cracking it which makes it much easier to use. Haven't decided on the paint I'll use yet, but I'm thinking some type of automotive paint will hold nicely on the metal and look good. Trying to decide between using a satin paint, or using a matte paint, then maybe putting a light coat of satin finish on it.

The design might change after I make a mock up and see how the radiators are going to sit and how much space there is with the 5.25" cage removed. 

The shape of this was inspired by this build after I saw it posted on EK's today. 

skRaEYx.png

Dang this looks like it'll look absolutely awesome once finished... 

Bicycle whats up with that glossy black fan? Where'd you get it? 

EDIT: Nvm I'm blind, I coulda just looked at the image and saw the fan's box..... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

Dang this looks like it'll look absolutely awesome once finished... 

Bicycle whats up with that glossy black fan? Where'd you get it? 

EDIT: Nvm I'm blind, I coulda just looked at the image and saw the fan's box..... 

Thanks. Yeah, the NB BlackSilent pros have impressed me so far. They're close to silent, even at full RPM. I was trying to work out how to fit in a fan controller after I remove the 5.25" bays, but they're so quiet that I think I'll just have them at 100% all the time. Very good for a £10 fan too. 

Thanks. Yeah, the NB BlackSilent pros have impressed me so far. They're close to silent, even at full RPM. I was trying to work out how to fit in a fan controller after I remove the 5.25" bays, but they're so quiet that I think I'll just have them at 100% all the time. Very good for a £10 fan too. 

Dang their that quiet? I think I know what fans I'm getting for my next build then.... Do they have SP variants? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

Dang their that quiet? I think I know what fans I'm getting for my next build then.... Do they have SP variants? 

No, but they're actually quite good for radiators (according to Singularity Computers, he uses them in near enough every build).

I have a large amount of rad space, so even though they're not the best SP fans, they should still do well.