Gaming Peripherals from ASUS Launched: The Gladius Mouse and GK2000 Keyboard

ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse

The ROG Gladius Gaming Mouse has been styled by a committee of gamers specifically for first person shooters with the reported emphasis on ergonomics, precision and customization.  Unfortunately for southpaws (I will ask if another version will come to market), the Gladius is designed for right-handed gamers with a fingertip DPI selection, up to a peak of 6400 dpi via its optical sensor.  The Gladius can poll at 200 Hz and is sufficient for up to 50G acceleration.

ROG GK2000 Gaming Keyboard

The black art of designing the perfect gaming keyboard is almost impossible, mostly because so many users are different in their tastes.  The GK2000 is ASUS’ answer, pairing Cherry MX Reds with a macro-capable system and built-in anti-ghosting technology.

ASUS in their coverage likes to point out the premium metal accents and red-backlighting, which they have programmed in for five different effects.

No mention of release date or pricing as of yet, although typically these devices are sold more in Asia than in the Americas or in Europe. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8086/gaming-peripherals-from-asus-launched-the-gladius-mouse-and-gk2000-keyboard

post-82758-0-85877400-1401768952_thumb.p

post-82758-0-16471600-1401768959.png

maybe a more simplistic models of mice and keyboards should be offered as well. 

you know... for their non ROG fans.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Ooh look, more stuff designed for prepubescent teens.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Ooh look, more stuff designed for prepubescent teens.

You read my mind.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

I don't like how everyone hates on the ASUS RoG aesthetic; it's not for everybody but some people, myself included, do like it most of the time.

But this mouse looks a bit wonky and the keyboard is just hideous.

It would be good if it didn't look so cramped. The keyboard just looks likes its been squished up.

Hmm, if the keyboard had a more subdued exterior and some solid multimedia keys like Corsair does, I'm on board.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Mx Reds? eeewwwwww

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

The mouse doesn't look that bad but holy crap that keyboard. Way too much gamer bling and fancy edges. I'm guessing it'll sell like hot cakes to the "younger gamer" audience.

Mouse is okay.  But dat keyboard plus the "eagle themed" headset... is someone at Asus high lately?

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

So.. the GladIUSEANOTHERmouse and GottabeKiddingme2000?

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

I like the mouse, but I prefer to not have a transformer for my keyboard.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

JJ,

If you are reading this, please encourage them to do an overhaul of the ROG logo. It looks terrible.

Sincerely,

Scarlet Spider

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)