Artifice [Phantom 530]

Chillstice

Hey Chiller, love the build!

What are your thoughts on the case? (Pros & Cons)

I was thinking of picking one up for my 1st build... Can't wait to see how this build turns out - followed. :)

Very nice and clean rig you got going on :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Hey Chiller, love the build!

What are your thoughts on the case? (Pros & Cons)

I was thinking of picking one up for my 1st build... Can't wait to see how this build turns out - followed. :)

Well, I did a lot of research before finally deciding to make the enclosure a 530. Really, what I was looking for was a medium-large case with lots of places for fans (mainly room for a large radiator or more for the future) that also had lots of little features that made it easy to build in. Little things like rear-i/o lights and tool less drive bays really make a difference once you start building. Also, personally when looking for a case, it has to look nice (I'm a big fan of the Alienware Aurora ALX). Keeping all these thing in mind, I finally decided that the Phantom 530 was the case for me, but your mileage may vary.

New Update:

• BitFenix Spectre Pro PWM 140mm Case Fan BFF-SPRO-P14025KK-RP Black (2x 120mm, 4x 140mm 1x 200mm) Link Picture

Well, I'm still waiting on the keyboard, but everything else is in place. I finally moved the build upstairs to my room and everything looks great.

Sweet build, that case looks gorgeous, just wish they made a matt white version, can't stand gloss on PC cases.

How's the case sound wise? 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

• 5 months later...

It's been a while since I've posted an update on this build, and today I'm glad to announce that, as of right now, Artifice is complete. I have some other ideas for future upgrades and modifications which are listed under 'To-Do' and 'Future Plans'.

the reason as to why there haven't been many updates lately is because not much has been happening. I've moved the computer upstairs and started searching for a good opportunity to get the Corsair K70 RGB keyboard I was so desperately wanting.

Now that I have the keyboard and all systems are up and running, I've marked the build 100%. Other changes may be made in the future, but as of right now I feel it's at a good state. If you disagree, comment below.

Purchased parts:

• USB 3.0 Multi-Card reader
  • Corsair K70 RGB Gaming Keyboard: Cherry MX Brown switches Link Picture
  • BitFenix Spectre Pro PWM 200mm Case Fan Link Picture

I also added new pictures

To Top

why the phantom....

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one