GTX 760 fps drops and stutter

JayJohn

Hello people,

I recently upgraded from a GTX 460 to GTX 760. I play mainly Battlefield 4 and with the 460 I had usually around 40-60 fps (with no drops or stutter), but when I installed my new 760, my fps can reach up to 120, but I constanty get massive fps drops and stutter. All of these values are on the lowest settings possible in BF4 with the exception of resolution (1920x1080, vsync off, aa off, everything on low). It happens in other games as well like BF3 or Watch Dogs.

I have already tried: Core unparking, installing latest motherboard and Nvidia drivers, lots of console commands in BF4 that should increase performance. Nothing has worked so far.

System specs

Win7 64 bit

Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5

Intel Core i5 760 (overclocked to 3.6 Ghz)

Asus P7P55D-E PRO Motherboard

Kingston Value (3x2 GB) DDR3 1333 RAM

Seasonic M12II-620 620W PSU

WD Caviar Black 1TB 

My 3dmark score and specs: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/3147393

Lastly I would like to add that I realise, that my system is quite old, but it is weird that upgrading GPU gives me more unstable performance overall. GTX 760 should handle BF4 at much higher settings without problem. Also, I have read a post saying that my CPU should not bottleneck my graphic card, so I don't know, where the problem is.

Thank you for any support regarding this matter.

I have this same exact issue from upgrading from a 7950 to a gtx770. I've literally tried EVERYTHING besides doing a fresh install of windows which is what I recommend you try if that option is available to you. I've even flashed custom BIOS to my 770 and I even RMA'd it and nothing fixed it. And my specs are more than enough to handle a 770.

@JayJohn

Edit* also welcome to the forums.

Switch back to the old GPU: If the stuttering disappears you should send your new card for a return/RMA while it's still in warranty. If possible, test your new card on another PC to discard a bad/failing mobo though that's very unlikely if the old card works fine still.

-------

Current Rig

-------