Origin ?

Bingbing10

first of all why does origin really exist because it is really annoying having to launch one or two games from a different client. Also is there a reason to why games such as Battlefield have to be launched through a browser like why is that ? ?

But also am i the only one who gets these random little noises that come from origin like once every 20 mins when i am not using it ? 

2011-11-11%20origin%20vs%20steam.png

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

i keep installing origin on my pc and it keeps dissapearing, i think i delete it in my sleep

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They made Origin to increase profits at EA's corporate offices. Now they don't have to go through Steam and pay GabeN a certain amount per game sold.

i keep installing origin on my pc and it keeps dissapearing, i think i delete it in my sleep

To start origin you do it via a file, and not a program, it is weird. 

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

To start origin you do it via a file, and not a program, it is weird. 

oh so THAT's why my windows search can't find it LOL.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

i HATE origin its stupid in every way EA knows its stupid thats why you can only get there top selling game Battlefield on origin and other games aswell its stupid in every way i cant think of one reason why its good.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

could anyone help to answer the annoying noise part? 

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Origin isn't even that bad, if anything I had less issues with it then steam, pretty much if you don't like it you don't use it.

Yeezus was the best album of all time

Origin works perfectly for me now. It used to be worse. Plus, they've got those freebee games like Dead Space and Plants Vs Zombies which are awesome pretty much.

Uplay is the horrific one. It should just die in a hole.

Compatible with Windows 95

Origin works perfectly for me now. It used to be worse. Plus, they've got those freebee games like Dead Space and Plants Vs Zombies which are awesome pretty much.

Uplay is the horrific one. It should just die in a hole.

I dont mind Uplay cause at least you can use it with steam.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

The thing I hate most about Origin is their ludicrous pricing, where a digital origin game costs 3x than a retail counterpart from where I live. Don't forget the crap-ton of DLC's.

hello random lurker welcome to linus tech tips

I love origin looks better than steam imo and free games bf3 is free atm.

I dont mind Uplay cause at least you can use it with steam.

never used Origin yet, and most likely will never, but Uplay i have been kinda forced to.. and my very first real experience with it was 48 hours of cant connect... they should all just die and serve steam instead.. the peasants...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I love origin looks better than steam imo and free games bf3 is free atm.

free games? "goes and looks at Steam Free to play tab" yea.. i got a few hundred of those too :)

free games? "goes and looks at Steam Free to play tab" yea.. i got a few hundred of those too :)

i dont see any AAA games :S

never used Origin yet, and most likely will never, but Uplay i have been kinda forced to.. and my very first real experience with it was 48 hours of cant connect... they should all just die and serve steam instead.. the peasants...

Yeah like steam OWNS the market Origin and Uplay should just give up there NEVER going to be the best NEVER!!!

i dont see any AAA games :S

you dont see any illiterate games? For Future reference its ABC ;) 

you dont see any illiterate games? For Future reference its ABC ;)

my point still stands -_-

i honestly love Origin more than Steam. sure, it donesnt have as many games on it (cos its for EA). its easy to use, does everything i need it to do.

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

my point still stands -_-

What is a AAA game then? does it need to cost more than 20 million to make? or is it 50 million? or is it how popular it is? or how refined it is?

could anyone help to answer the annoying noise part? 

I think it has to do with your friends status changing, so online to away and vice versa.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

I think it has to do with your friends status changing, so online to away and vice versa.

oh alright thanks , i though it was EA getting mad that im not playing their games and pestering me to start playing them

oh alright thanks , i though it was EA getting mad that im not playing their games and pestering me to start playing them

Yeah it gets annoying after a while, so I've got into the habit of closing origin when I've finished playing a game.

It also uses a good chunk of system resources as well,  I can spare it but don't like my system getting sluggish, so I don't run Origin on start-up either.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

What is a AAA game then? does it need to cost more than 20 million to make? or is it 50 million? or is it how popular it is? or how refined it is?

omg seriously u know what i mean AAA is battlefield, GTA, Call Of Duty, WatchDogs etc... 

omg seriously u know what i mean AAA is battlefield, GTA, Call Of Duty, WatchDogs etc... 

no really, what is a AAA title these days, i mean LoL would be a AAAAAA Title if you look at anything but the money, as would Dota 2 which is free on Steam :P   So is it quality or is it Money spent making it? i count AAA as scope of the game, so i put EU4 and CK2 and such games as AAA.