RAM not compatible

Hey there guys. I'm having trouble with my RAMs not being compatible with each other. I'm no tech expert so i could use some help.

First and foremost I'm using a P8Z77-m mobo and I have a Kingston 4GB ddr3 1600mhz value ram pre-installed in the mobo. Since I just got my battlefield4 game last weekend, I wanted to play the game but because of the lack of ram and the lags I've been getting, I decided to get a pair of 2GB ddr3 RAM. I tried finding for the same model but apparently there wasn't any and the only RAMs left at my local IT shop was the TEAM elite 2GB ddr3 1600mhz rams. So from what i know, basically all types of ram should work if its the same type of memory (ddr3) and its running on the same frequency (1600mhz). When I went home to install my ram, my pc just didn't boot. There wasn't any display and the dekstop kept on rebooting by itself. I assumed at 1st it was a faulty ram but when I just installed the newly bought 2GB ram onto the mobo and removed the 4GB ram, it worked just fine. I did it together, BAM the same thing occured, I was not able to boot it up. 

I tried installing both rams all the possible way and tested out both of the em' together and no luck. Anyone know why is this the case? Does this just mean the Team Elite 2GB ram which I bought is just not compatible with my Kingston 4GB ram? 

PS, the 4GB ram was not able to run the PC when i installed it @The 2nd slot of the RAM as shown in the manual book for the mobo but the 2GB ram is able to boot the PC up when its placed over there. Not sure if that'll help but just thought I'll say it anyways. 

post-83887-0-68710100-1401624123_thumb.p

post-83887-0-68710100-1401624123_thumb.p

mixing and matching ram doesn't always work and this seems like the case which is why it isnt recommended.

The sticks have to be the same capacity.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

mixing and matching ram doesn't always work and this seems like the case which is why it isnt recommended.

I see. I thought it may have been something I was doing wrong but anyways thanks. 

Guess I'll go get myself some performance ram since I've been wanting to get some blue theme rams. Maybe the Kingston Hyper X series. :hmm:

I don't think that might be the case. I've tried previously using a Corsair 2GB from a fren and it worked fine. Because of this I presumably thought getting the TEAM ELITE ram would work the same. Seems like I may have been wrong.  :(

that is wrong

i think you just have to return the ram and get different one. i had a similar board and at that time the ram compability was really terrible. I had a very similar problem with an asus board. RAm is just a pain, its weired and anoying and does not work :D. No but really its gambling especially if you mix and match... you can try hitting mem ok button if the board has one, or just try to boot with one of the new sticks in and let it boot, then put the other once in and so on... sorry i could not help a lot but ram is just hard to figure out

Edit: Just to clarify. The sticks have to be same capacity if you want to run in dual or quad channel mode and even then only the once you want to run in that config have to be same spec. It it true that mixing capacity increases the risk of the sticks not working, but in my secondary machine im running 2x 2GB and 1x 4GB sticks it works fine... like i said its luck

that is wrong

i think you just have to return the ram and get different one. i had a similar board and at that time the ram compability was really terrible. I had a very similar problem with an asus board. RAm is just a pain, its weired and anoying and does not work :D. No but really its gambling especially if you mix and match... you can try hitting mem ok button if the board has one, or just try to boot with one of the new sticks in and let it boot, then put the other once in and so on... sorry i could not help a lot but ram is just hard to figure out

Edit: Just to clarify. The sticks have to be same capacity if you want to run in dual or quad channel mode and even then only the once you want to run in that config have to be same spec. It it true that mixing capacity increases the risk of the sticks not working, but in my secondary machine im running 2x 2GB and 1x 4GB sticks it works fine... like i said its luck

Yeah sorry, that is what I meant. It is pretty common on older boards and sticks that you can't mix up different sticks. 

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.