2/Wheeled Warrior (Portable Rig / Coolermaster Elite 110 Mod)

I want more! I WANT MOOOREE!

Man I love that color scheme.

This looks very nice man.

Looks great!! 

Thanks mates :D

Here's some more!

Quick Update#6

I installed the fan, the LED-Display and the front IO today, just to see how it looks. Noctua has done a good job by finally adding black fans to their line-up. You can also remove the anti-vibration edges on the side which you look @, so the fan is completly black! :) I think I'll use the fan as an outtake, to get the hot air out of the case. The Cooler Master Logo lights up in red, instead of blue now. Also the LED-Screen shows the temps in red. So far...I don't know if I'm going to paint the rest of the case this weekend.

i8dzis6s.jpg

fxybshpb.jpg

99cobnjx.jpg

b7fo242f.jpg

pg6fu3r2.jpg

followed, really intriguing this is.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Waiting is unbearable, you tease!

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB 960 ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

followed, really intriguing this is.

Thank you!

Waiting is unbearable, you tease!

Sry :D Really busy right now...don't know when I'll able to update you :/

Anyways, since Asus Rog Germany was posting pictures of a FD Note 304 today and the modder did this:

1655734_558370960935756_4262150268467733

I'm thinking if I would be able to do something similar, I just love the idea that I can lift the whole panel like the hood of a car!

Forget the opening top, you see the fans with out a housing God that looks amazing

damn thats a nice mod with the pumps love it.

Think so too, still have to figure out where to get those...

Forget the opening top, you see the fans with out a housing God that looks amazing

Looks good but won't perform as well, also I have no space for those :/

The only case fan will be the front one...

I'm also thinking of somehow working with cogwheels on one of the sidepanels (maybe in a steampunk way), but thats just an idea.

The fans will push just as much air in a widder area. Unless there is an invisible rad then maybe

The fans will push just as much air in a widder area. Unless there is an invisible rad then maybe

I'm sure that they won't have the same static pressure as with the hausing. And since I'm just mounting one fan on a rad its just not an option for me (also I don't find it looking sooooo good).

As great as the shown opening-mechanism is, I won't implement it. I would have to remove some metal from the sidepanel and because the panel is already painted, I'm not willed to do it.

Anyways, I ordered CPU and Mobo a minute ago. As I said the CPU will be an Intel Pentium K and the Board an Asus RoG Impact VI (cause I don't see the point with the Z97 Chipset for myself), hopefully the it'll support Broadwell tho.

hopefully the it'll support Broadwell tho.

Unfortunately no - Z87 will only support Haswell and the refresh. It's unlikely that mobo manufacturers would want to put updates out for a chipset that would be 3 years old by then.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Unfortunately no - Z87 will only support Haswell and the refresh. It's unlikely that mobo manufacturers would want to put updates out for a chipset that would be 3 years old by then.

Please proof that with a link. I've read a lot on the internet lately and also here on the forum, nobody can say for sure. If thats really the case I've to send the MoBo back :/

Long time no see guys...

Update#7

Last weekend we finally found some time to paint the rest of the case (had to fix my car first). First we mixed the black paint, then taped the case and finally applied the colour.

It's very shiny and you'll see fingerprints nearly everywhere, but it looks so good :)

nilfbosn.jpg

uqbeh8kw.jpg

lag44lrj.jpg

t4c4txwk.jpg

phnu2bpq.jpg

Thats basicly the Case-Mod, only thing what's missing are the acryl windows for the panel, which will follow @ the weekend :)

Since I hope that this will be my last system (only upgrading etc.) I also wanna mod my peripherals, so that they fit my rig.

These are the peripherals I wanna mod (Sennheiser PC 320 is missing on the pictures). Modding will be mostly painting, I guess :D

Kingston USB 3.0 Cardreader

dgliglax.jpg

Leopold Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard (Blue MX-Cherry's)

vyzdsbzk.jpg

Saitek P2500 Rumble

bzy5sdr2.jpg

Update#8

Some parts arrived, so thats basicly the start of the "Build-Log" which I'll also continue in this Thread. Note that this will take a long time, and even some breaks, cause I'll just be able to buy the parts after and after!

Current Build and Plans!

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 (my step up to the upcoming i7-5790K)

Cooler: AIO (probably a NZXT X41, if it fits)

RAM: 8GB Corsair XM3-1600 (will be switched to 16 GB)

Mobo: Asus ROG Impact VI

Graphics: non, since my old HD 7950 is a 3-slot (GTX 770/870 are planned, depends on pricing)

PSU: LC-Power LC8750II V2.3 (currently looking @ the XFX 750W Pro Series Black Edition, because of only 140mm depth)

SSD: Samsung 256GB 840 Basic Series

HDD: Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1TB

Here are some impressions (note that close shot are very difficult, since I don't have a macro objective, but I tried my best)

6ol39mi4.jpg

yqxqvh2k.jpg

dh2z7yuu.jpg

yer2yt9v.jpg

gb9b9io9.jpg

8wnpqy2d.jpg

Thats basicly the Case-Mod, only thing what's missing are the acryl windows for the panel, which will follow @ the weekend :)

Since I hope that this will be my last system (only upgrading etc.)

Is this like triggers broom? http://youtu.be/BUl6PooveJE

Seriously, nice build. Adds some much needed colour to the elite 110, and done tastefully and not OTT like some can be.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Finish it pls. Lol

The system is up and running, I just had no time to take pictures yet :/

Is this like triggers broom?

-snip-

Seriously, nice build. Adds some much needed colour to the elite 110, and done tastefully and not OTT like some can be.

Thanks a lot :) I wanna see how it looks with an installed graphics card, so bad :D

Sad that I don't get the refrence of your linked video tho...

The system is up and running, I just had no time to take pictures yet :/Thanks a lot :) I wanna see how it looks with an installed graphics card, so bad :D

Sad that I don't get the refrence of your linked video tho...

By upgrading it only, eventually all the parts will be replaced, so it won't be the same computer. Ergo, triggers broom had multiple new brushes and handles, yet he claimed it was still the same one.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

By upgrading it only, eventually all the parts will be replaced, so it won't be the same computer. Ergo, triggers broom had multiple new brushes and handles, yet he claimed it was still the same one.

Ah :D Thx for the explanation!

I hope I'll just upgrade the CPU and if I've done that, stick to it for a long time and just have to do switch the GPU every 2 years.

Current Build and Plans!

Cooler: AIO (probably a NZXT X41, if it fits)

Graphics: non, since my old HD 7950 is a 3-slot (GTX 770/870 are planned, depends on pricing)

PSU: LC-Power LC8750II V2.3 (currently looking @ the XFX 750W Pro Series Black Edition, because of only 140mm depth)

I've read all the posts and have joined to ask some questions.  You are implementing many of the ideas for modding this case that have been rolling around in my head, such as extending the graphics card into the front panel section and relocating the I/O cluster.  BTW I think a power switch at the empty spot above the top USB 3 port would look great.

I have read a lot about the Elite 110 and I'm wondering about the maximum length the graphics card can be even allowing for extension into the front behind the grill.  The total length is 280 mm and this includes the 27 mm overhang of the power supply.  This leaves 253 mm which includes the entire front section.  I know there is room in the front for a 25 mm thick fan, but the grill support structure must take up at least 5 mm so the maximum length might only be 248 mm.  Can you measure this and confirm the maximum that is possible?

I've been looking around for powerful GPUs that are 10 inches (254 mm) or less in length and the best I can find is are the Radeon R270 cards.  Some GTX 770 cards are 10.5 inches (266.7 mm), but that is too long.

Thanks for all the information and great photos.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read all the posts and have joined to ask some questions.  You are implementing many of the ideas for modding this case that have been rolling around in my head, such as extending the graphics card into the front panel section and relocating the I/O cluster.  BTW I think a power switch at the empty spot above the top USB 3 port would look great.

I have read a lot about the Elite 110 and I'm wondering about the maximum length the graphics card can be even allowing for extension into the front behind the grill.  The total length is 280 mm and this includes the 27 mm overhang of the power supply.  This leaves 253 mm which includes the entire front section.  I know there is room in the front for a 25 mm thick fan, but the grill support structure must take up at least 5 mm so the maximum length might only be 248 mm.  Can you measure this and confirm the maximum that is possible?

I've been looking around for powerful GPUs that are 10 inches (254 mm) or less in length and the best I can find is are the Radeon R270 cards.  Some GTX 770 cards are 10.5 inches (266.7 mm), but that is too long.

Thanks for all the information and great photos.

Hey mate,

sry for not answering your questions for such a long time.

I managed to "fit" a MSI N770 into the Elite 110, which is 26cm long. However, I had to remove a part of the inner grill structure and also extend/bend the grill. The result isn't as perfect as I wanted it to be, but I'm fine, cause the graphics card is in there. If I would have to choose a better graphics card, I would go for a Inno3D GTX 770, which is only 25,5cm (should fit a bit better).

NEW UPDATE COMING THIS WEEK!

Update#9

Current Build and Plans!

Cooler: AIO (probably a NZXT X41, if it fits) NZXT Kraken X40 (Thank god I chose this one, the X41 would be way to thick!)

Graphics: non, since my old HD 7950 is a 3-slot (GTX 770/870 are planned, depends on pricing) MSI N770 TF 2GD5/OC

A few new things arrived the last days and I really thought I could finally finish the build, but the tiny amount of space in this case stricked again...

First I ordered the MSI N770 TF 2GD5/OC, which was measured @ 26cm. When I installed it, it didn't fit @ all, so I had to cut the inner grill structure first, but that was not enough, so I also bend the mesh in front and made it stick out a bit further. I'm still searching for a way to make it look clean and fit nicely, so I'm definitely not done with that.

Another jobsite was the Kraken X40, I decided to use for my build. On the one hand it just barely fits with the motherboard/CPU power connectors, because of the 140mm fan,which I also had to mount to the inside and on the other hand I had to mount it with the radiator tubes to the top, because otherwise the graphics card wouldn't fit in.

And then there was the new PSU...you couldn't belive how mad i was when it turned out that the promised 140mm depth was 170mm...there's no way the XFX PSU fits in the case. Don't get me wrong it's beautiful, but thats like I would order a street racing tire for my bike and get a motorcross one...

So I have to send everything back and really need advices a new PSU, I can fit a 150mm deep PSU @ maximum, of course a modular one...

Here are some impressions from the build atm. I'm currently running it like in the last picture...

At least I got myself some nice 24" 1080p monitors (used 2x 19" before :D ).

(Please excuse the few smartphone picutres.)

uc4k8zj3.jpg

rsaf6k8t.jpg

m3i9468o.jpg

bgzi6wic.jpg

d6xm3kl7.jpg

8nlcatjn.jpg

jcwz6pb4.jpg

e3rm3xdk.jpg

hkzl9i85.jpg

ukhbcpjw.jpg

Power Supply: The Seasonic S12G-750 is only 140 mm in length and is currently available on Amazon.  Oops, it's not modular.  OK, how about the Corsair CS750M?  It's partially modular.  Reviews on Newegg are good on average, but it seems that a significant fraction are not lasting long. Another option might be the Cooler Master V650S.  The review on HardOCP was mostly positive, though they did not like the cable sleeving on the non-removable cables.  The power tests and noise results were okay, though.  It's tough finding a good PS at that size and that power level.

Power Supply: The Seasonic S12G-750 is only 140 mm in length and is currently available on Amazon.  Oops, it's not modular.  OK, how about the Corsair CS750M?  It's partially modular.  Reviews on Newegg are good on average, but it seems that a significant fraction are not lasting long. Another option might be the Cooler Master V650S.  The review on HardOCP was mostly positive, though they did not like the cable sleeving on the non-removable cables.  The power tests and noise results were okay, though.  It's tough finding a good PS at that size and that power level.

Thank you very much mate, you really solved a big problem!

I think I'll go for the Cooler Master V650S, it's black and semi-modular + Gold and 140mm depth. 650W should be enough even with the upcoming upgrade I guess?

• 1 month later...

I know you've already purchased an MSI Geforce GTX 770, but I thought I'd let you and other readers know that Zotac makes 3 models of the Geforce GTX 970 and one of them (model = ZT-90101-10P) is only 204 mm (from PCI bracket to end of the  heatsink shroud) in length.  It is not overclocked (by default), but this is the shortest GTX 970 card (so far) and will easily fit inside the Elite 110.  No modding required!

Information: http://www.zotac.com/products/graphics-cards/geforce-900-series/product/geforce-900-series/detail/geforce-gtx-970.html