What is wrong? Please help.

Konasumi

Hi guys, I ran into an issue with my PC tonight, and I am not too sure what the cause is. I believe I got a virus, but I am not sure. I went to a website with the URL of 3dmark(.)com to get the 3DMark benchmark for my system. I ran all of the tests, and got scores back from each test. Here's where things start to go downhill;

I tried to shut my PC down after the tests were complete, and it did not want to shut down. I tried shutting down through every possible option, but nothing happened. I tried to then put the PC to sleep, and it went to sleep. I tried waking the computer up, but nothing happened. I was then forced to cut power to my tower by holding down the power button. That was not the best thing to do, but the PC was in a locked state and nothing else could be done.

I proceeded to boot the computer up, and none of my start-up-programs started up (Skype, Steam, etc.). I was able to get those programs running. I then got AVG open, and AVG was reporting that none of it was active, while in the settings of the program, everything was active. After that, I attempted to begin a system scan. When I pressed the "scan now" button, absolutely nothing happened. The Malwarebytes program refused to launch as well, but the icon in the taskbar was there. I then proceeded to shut the computer down, nothing happened. Put it into sleep mode, went to sleep. Couldn't wake it up, held the power button until power was cut.

I powered the PC on again, and there was a splash screen saying that Windows was repairing my C drive. After it was done repairing, I got launched into Windows. The OS was behaving the same way it did when I booted up the PC the first time, no start up programs and weird antivirus behavior. The computer is staying on. All my files are okay.

Now, I don't know exactly what the issue is here. I know shutting the system down like that was not a good thing at all, but I had no other options. It was not until the second shutdown that the OS needed repairing, and according to the Google Safe Browsing feature, that website I mentioned was safe. I am pretty clueless right now, and I appreciate any help as to why this happened and how to fix my antivirus. All help is appreciated.

before you do anything get the files you want and need just incase

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

If you beieve it's a virus. Boot into safe mode, run Rkill than run malwarebytes or your favorite scanner. If that fails, throw your favorite scanner on a usb stick and boot from command prompt.

If that doesn't work, just throw avira antivirus rescue system onto a CD-R and boot from that.

All of those methods got rid of every virus i've ever encountered. Tougher virus's sometimes need a combination of scanners.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.