Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

No problem you could play games looking like this at 0.003fps.

I use Blender 

If you could upload the .blend file, I could optimize it for gaming. :D

I have not tried to do anything for a long time now. All I have is sketchup. All your stuff looks really good though.

Blarg

If you could upload the .blend file, I could optimize it for gaming. :D

The file is 300MB big it would take hours to upload it.

Removing the glass shader, reducing the number of bounces and prebaking all non reflective objects would speed it up a lot.

The file is 300MB big it would take hours to upload it.

Removing the glass shader, reducing the number of bounces and prebaking all non reflective objects would speed it up a lot.

Yeah, I think if you put it in a .zip, it would also reduce the upload file size. But if you ever want to do it, I'll optimize if for you. I could probably make it have the ability to run in real-time.

Yeah, I think if you put it in a .zip, it would also reduce the upload file size. But if you ever want to do it, I'll optimize if for you. I could probably make it have the ability to run in real-time.

There are some uncompressed textures packed into the blend file.

So at first I have to jpeg compress them and remove one texture which I am not allowed to share.

qK9XtaI.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I got bored today. And the idea of making katanas was in my mind the whole day during classes so I got home and did this...things. Quick Render no textures done yet or anything.
Lt8j7n1.jpg

Needs an interior light.

Good idea but I fear that the render time will increase dramatically. damn Monte Carlo raytracer.

Good idea but I fear that the render time will increase dramatically. damn Monte Carlo raytracer.

What kind of rig are you rendering on?

What kind of rig are you rendering on?

It's in my profile.

It's in my profile.

Fair. I tend not to worry about render times too much... If I want to progress check something I'll just render a small area or disable things like ambient occlusion to get a general idea of where I'm at. When I want to do a full render and it's going to take a while I either go watch something on TV or will run it over night. It kind of sucks when something renders for hours and you notice that one object that's out of place or textured poorly that you have to go back and change then render again but c'est la vie.

Fair. I tend not to worry about render times too much... If I want to progress check something I'll just render a small area or disable things like ambient occlusion to get a general idea of where I'm at. When I want to do a full render and it's going to take a while I either go watch something on TV or will run it over night. It kind of sucks when something renders for hours and you notice that one object that's out of place or textured poorly that you have to go back and change then render again but c'est la vie.

The key is knowing golden line between quality/optimization and time. The image above(Bar/Restaurant) should not take more than 1-2 minutes. If it does your optimization is bad.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I always do partial render

Both rendered 1:40min

post-160594-0-94628400-1424977110.jpgpost-160594-0-39483500-1424977109.jpg

Small and bright light sources are causing so much fireflies, a typical Monte Carlo Raytracer problem. 

post-160594-0-39483500-1424977109.jpg

post-160594-0-94628400-1424977110.jpg

If rendering is a a problem, I think you could try Autodesk Cloud Rendering. Although this would require that you learn a autodesk program. Also I don't know what to expect. I have little to no experience with there service.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

If rendering is a a problem, I think you could try Autodesk Cloud Rendering. Although this would require that you learn a autodesk program. Also I don't know what to expect. I have little to no experience with there service.

I haven't seen it working on anything apart autodesk 360(revit,cad) So if you're an architect sure, but I haven't seen really photo realistic stuff out of those softwares or even hugely populated. In my experience I would say if the project is near deadline and you need to render. Hire a render farm... it is more expensive and you don't own those computers, but time... in vfx warehouses they use them all the time. 

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

after a ton of trial an error, i finally found out how to model turbine blades in inventor :D

J5EbnDb.png

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

after a ton of trial an error, i finally found out how to model turbine blades in inventor :D

J5EbnDb.png

Well done. Invertor is nice for engineering, not so much for visual stuff. Are you trying to build a working engine or just visualization of it? 

<image>

:o  :o  :o  HOW DID YOU DO DIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I MUST KNOW!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Well done. Invertor is nice for engineering, not so much for visual stuff. Are you trying to build a working engine or just visualization of it? 

just for visualization and practice really. I dont think i am even remotely skilled enough to design a functional turbine engine alone haha.

:o  :o  :o  HOW DID YOU DO DIS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I MUST KNOW!

The loft tool is your friend!! One i figured it out, it is actually quite easy to do. What i did is created an offset plane away from the xz plane that was about the thickness i wanted the blades to be. Next, i used the spline tool to create the sketch for the bottom of the blade on the lower plane, the made the shape i wanted the blade to transition to on the top plane. After that, all i did was make sure both sketches where a closed loop and just used the loft tool.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

In blender cycles engine I'm trying to make a material for a sci-fi pyramid to look something like this:

stock-photo-science-fiction-scenery-with

So I want the pyramid walls to be a certain color and type of material (like rock) which I was able to do but then I want to have the little windows with light (emission shader perhaps) but these would would show light emission in the windows ant not in the walls. My problem is that I can't get this done and I don't know how to do it, and googgling didn't help me ( I have no idea how to Google it perhaps, previous Google attempts failed) if someone could help me trough this I'd be appreciated.

Best regards and many thanks. Hyperimus

@Hyperimus

You are using a texture which is gray(wall) with white(windows) squares on it?