Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

Working on a new beer bottle model... I posted this one back on page 1:

6IZfajz.png

It was a basic model with no actual thickness to the glass the the "beer" was just a different texture on the outside of the bottle because I was in a hurry.

For the new model the bottle's glass actually has thickness with an inside wall, the beer is a separate solid, and I changed the way the label is modeled as well... and the shape of the bottle is more accurate.

fIIFyx5.png

I still need to work on the way light penetrates the beer because it seems a little flat and then create the condensation but I like the way the bottle turned out. The completed image will replace the temporary one on this staging site: http://pwood.omniomi.com/where I am working on redesigning the brewery site because it's pretty bland: http://www.paddockwood.com/

I made a bottle once but when I was finished I realized that I can't fill it with liquid.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

My method was:

- Create circles using a reference image on a plane.

- Stuck them in a loft to create the outer shell.

- Duplicated my circles and reversed the order within the same loft, used per-object manipulation scaling to reduce them slightly creating the inner wall and giving the glass thickness.

- Duplicated the entire bottle, deleted the outer circles so just the inner ones were there giving me a shape the same size as the interior wall.

- Deleted circles down to about half-way down the neck of the bottle.

- Scaled down slightly so it wouldn't overlap the actual interior wall of the bottle.

- Applied a tea material to it as a starting point and then tweaked the colours to get a beer texture which needs a bit more tweaking.

You can see my outer and inner circles here:

4Fvk7DR.png

(sorry at work, only have a small screenshot I put on Facebook.)

This is literally the best thing I have. And it's not even "proper" for this thread.  :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My method was:

Usually I do it by extruding a circle

https://youtu.be/CGQIVZORXv0

Than just duplicate the inner mesh and scale it a bit up.

But in this case I had to cut holes into the glas for the ceramic bottle top thus I had to apply the subdivision surface modifier and ended up with a high poly mesh.

Deleting the outer high poly mesh is a lot of work but it works

post-160594-0-74053700-1432200645_thumb.

First render with condensation... need to tweak it up a bit but getting much better:

Nice, try puttting it in a 'fake' scene using hdri lighting.

Nice, try puttting it in a 'fake' scene using hdri lighting.

There is an HDRI Sky but the brightness is so high it washes it out and I'm currently cheating as the stage has luminance so the floor and back wall are also lights. Lighting it properly is the next step.  

First trailer of Cosmos Laundromat by the blender institute and the open movie project.

First attempt at Zbrush wish I had kept at it but I was really busy at work so didn't have the time. I maybe could have made something decent by now if I had this was over a year ago I made a few other models but I would say this was probably my best which is strange being my first and all. The file got corrupted during a save and I lost a good half hour of detailed ear work thats why it's a bit f****d up as I just quickly made something resembling an ear.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Designed a dslr cage to 3d print yesterday. Im currently 3d printing it now.

post-16599-0-13869500-1432870883_thumb.p

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Some of my crappy wips. HtdixR3.jpg

This has good form but you could do with being at a lower sub division at this stage then step up as you add detail. I'm suprised to see someone else on Zbrush have you got a tablet?  

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I've been just lurking lately but a project Iv'e been working on is 3D Printing a head :)

http://www.123dapp.com/catch/3D-printing-a-head-take-2/4009798

If this works I'll make a chess set with teacher's from my school as pieces xD

Edit: Did someone download Cole's head?!?!? How are there 4 downloads xD wut?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

for those who are interested, here is the finished model printed and put to use

MfjKveK.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Today I tried a bit more complex camera tracking.

I already made things like this.

Today I moved the camera through the scene.

If you want to track your footage perfectly. You have to undistort the footage/ track it/ add the 3d model/ Redistort it. Each and every camera lens has distortion levels, you can find them online.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

This has good form but you could do with being at a lower sub division at this stage then step up as you add detail. I'm suprised to see someone else on Zbrush have you got a tablet?  

I have but I can't work with it. xD And considering it was a zbrush->blender workflow I was slowly workin' it up so later I'd export it.

SrlpO7b.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If you want to track your footage perfectly. You have to undistort the footage/ track it/ add the 3d model/ Redistort it. Each and every camera lens has distortion levels, you can find them online.

Distortion analyzation is built-in in blender but it doesn't work in combination with the opengl viewport render.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I'm lazy atm. xD Links for the 3D thingies I did for skwl. Still workin' on them now but slowly.
https://sketchfab.com/models/67abe1518f0343188af73f85842f7a5c
https://sketchfab.com/models/5ba0deed00c74d358d49ef3ec065c6ca
https://sketchfab.com/models/e8ada26132c24015b0f6e1d99c407f79
https://sketchfab.com/models/c233a4a01a634615a819f40eab5422c0(Don't know why this one is bugged. :c )

Also would anyone be able to lend me a hand with some post processing? o3o

I have this scene:
post-183423-0-41126200-1434736542_thumb.

Then I tried a bit of tutorial following and ended with this.
post-183423-0-49420800-1434736504_thumb.
post-183423-0-42767500-1434736468_thumb.

Thing is. I only want the emission parts glowing to give the effect of light /laser sword. And not make the whole swords glow. Specially considering the main bigger one, only has a small light strip. Anyone able to lend me a hand therefore?

• 2 weeks later...

post-160594-0-39550400-1435849640.jpg

An emergency exit sign with one broken light bulb 

• 3 weeks later...

Low-Poly Fluid Simulation + Toon Shader + Freestyle

bra7wo6.jpg

No Freestyle

xh4MtrX.jpg