LoL VS. DotA 2?

JoshK

if you just want to play then play LoL. if you want to trade items for cosmetics and earn dollars. you can sell items in dota 2 in the market and use it to buy new games. :D also if you want to donate and contribute also to Dota 2 "the international" currently 9.2 million dollars of prize pool then play dota 2. :)

Alright fanboy. Like I said I've played them both a LOT and enjoy them both. I'm done responding to you. Not interested into getting into an argument with a little fanboy.

If this is you, it is clear that you don't have a great grasp on either game.

:P look at how many ranked games I've done. 16. Nowhere near enough to say that my skill level is bronze lol

Ever since starting college I simply don't have time for ranked. I stick at whatever the placements are. I got about 6-8 afks in my placements. It was silver 3 or 4 in season 3.

I've been playing since mid season 2.

Also I have a few other accounts, but no others above 20.

Although I would appreciate it if you took my account out of that, I don't feel like sharing my user. Even if it is obvious.

:P look at how many ranked games I've done.

It doesn't matter how many ranked games you've played. If you were a legitimately good player, a player with a good grasp on the game, you would have placed higher than bronze.

It doesn't matter how many ranked games you've played. If you were a legitimately good player, a player with a good grasp on the game, you would have placed higher than bronze.

6-8 afks (don't remember exactly how many since it was 5 months ago). Placements are pointless. Can't fault me for having afks. It matters where you climb up after that. I haven't had time since starting college. (I've done 58 pages of assignments in the last 12 weeks)

Also it looks like you are a lvl 29 with about 1/3rd of my games. Unless that isn't you.

Also it's obvious, but remove the link to my profile please. I don't feel like sharing. Even if it is obvious.

If you play league and want to play sometime feel free to add me if you want

6-8 afks. Placements are pointless. Can't fault me for having afks. It matters where you climb up after that. I haven't had time since starting college. (I've done 58 pages of assignments in the last 12 weeks)

Dunning-Kruger effect. Yes, it was definitely your teammates, not you. Everyone who I play league with placed high in gold; either stayed there, or climbed to high into diamond. All of them complained about afks but that didnt seem to affect their placement. That also goes with a countless amount of others out there. 

Oh no, that is me. The time I've spent playing the game is absolutely irrelevant as this isnt about me, it's about you.

Absolutely not. You spouted your wrong opinion as if it was fact. When called out on it you called them a fanboy. Everyone deserves to know how good the person is they're talking to.

edit: Stop mentioning that you're in college as I dont give a shit. Everyone I know is in college. They all find time to play and end up doing perfectly fine.

Dunning-Kruger effect. Yes, it was definitely your teammates, not you. Everyone who I play league with placed high in gold; either stayed there, or climbed to high into diamond. All of them complained about afks but that didnt seem to affect their placement. That also goes with a countless amount of others out there. 

Oh no, that is me. The time I've spent playing the game is absolutely irrelevant as this isnt about me, it's about you.

Absolutely not. You spouted your wrong opinion as if it was fact. When called out on it you called them a fanboy. Everyone deserves to know how good the person is they're talking to.

Oh I lose a lot of games. I have won more than I have lost though. I'm not bronze though. I love us a couple of those games. Tons of afks can do that. It is where you climb up to after that, a lot of people say at 80 games it shows where you are. I got silver 3 or 4 in season 3. I don't really care about ranked too much, I just sit at where I place at. It would be nice if you could have a nice conversation instead of trying to attack me :P

I'm not saying that I've never caused a game loss. I do. All the time. However with those placements I either got a role I don't main (adc) or I got many afks. I am a trash adc and need to work on it. When you get afks it is tough to carry. 

I shouldn't have called him a fanboy though, I agree with you on that. 

If you ever want to play some time feel free to add me :)

Oh also with 2 of my placements I was pretty much not there. A car hit a power line coming into my development (luckily nobody was hurt) and I got cut off during one. Managed to get back in but I got a few power outages during it. Happened again in the game the next day (I thought everything was fixed but it clearly wasnt)

It would be nice if you could have a nice conversation instead of trying to attack me :P

Where am I attacking you?

Where am I attacking you?

Then you go on to complain about my level of play despite the fact that you've never seen me play a single game.

You are absolutely right though, it was wrong of me to say my opinion as if it was  a fact. I should have said it with "in my opinion". And I do know less about dota than league.

I do have a very good grasp on league though.

But don't think I'm actually bronze :P tons of afks, barely done any ranked, and power outages in placements. I'm not claiming to be plat, but I'm not bronze. And I know exactly what I need to work on.

Things I need to improve on:

Smiting.

Being more aggressive in jungle fights.

Ganking bot from behind enemy turret and diving more effectively.

Not jumping into a 3v5 unless I am a fed kayle with at least 1-2 items over all of the enemies.

Initiating GOOD dragon fights.

Invading.

Counter-ganking.

Then you go on to complain about my level of play despite the fact that you've never seen me play a single game.

That is not an attack on you; that is a completely justified statement.

Dota2 is hard in the beginning.

But gameplay is more fun once u get the hang of it.

I tried playing Dota 2 many times. Every time I was complete overwhelmed by the UI and the mechanics. It's far to newbie unfriendly for my taste. I never played the original Dota, so that's probably the reason. Yeah... I play a lot of LoL though, love the game.

Coming from an LoL player DotA 2 has a different control seteup and you can change that in the setting also DotA is more demanding than LoL plus LoL does'nt support Linux which sucks because i've recently switched to Ubuntu also DotA is sorta confusing at first but after 10-30mins it feels sorta like LoL the only complaint I have is the fact that the abilities at the bottom of the screen get in the way and the way you move the camera.

Coming from an LoL player DotA 2 has a different control seteup and you can change that in the setting also DotA is more demanding than LoL plus LoL does'nt support Linux which sucks because i've recently switched to Ubuntu also DotA is sorta confusing at first but after 10-30mins it feels sorta like LoL the only complaint I have is the fact that the abilities at the bottom of the screen get in the way and the way you move the camera.

What problem do you have with moving the camera, from what I remember it is the same as LoL. You can move the camera by moving the cursor in the direction that you want to move the camera to or you can click on the scroll wheel and move the camera. Isn't that the same as LoL?

I personally enjoy Dota 2 more.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

That is not an attack on you; that is a completely justified statement.

Wow.  You're an ass.  Period.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Wow.  You're an ass.  Period.

I see you're no better.

I see you're no better.

Yeah pointing something out makes me an ass

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Dota 2 Harder to enter, even harder to master, lot's of mechanical skills and encyclopedical knowledge needed.

I don't know about lol but played Danwgate recently, which is pretty much the same and the game is much more casual, no deny, no gold loss on death, it's good to play some games like that after 3K hours of dota2, but well once you go Dota 2, you don't go back.

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

Having played both, I find Dota 2 to be the more interesting game. It has a steeper learning curve, and is less forgiving, but I like that in a game. Not having to recall to buy items to me makes the game a lot more fluid. I think the champions are a hell of a lot crazier, but that I think adds to the fun. Also seems to require you to know little tips and tricks (E.g. de-aggroing towers). I think as well even though LoL gets more champions more often, the Dota heroes are far more interesting in the way they work

LoL is easier, probably a better game to play with friends, hence why it is the more popular game

I only mean that matchups have less to do with skill and have more to do with blatant hero counter.

One could make the same argument with League of Legends. Characters can counter-pick one another.

Hell, one could draw the same conclusion with Starcraft, players outright suffering a build order loss.  But they don't, because it just doesn't work like that in a real-world scenario.

One thing I will add is that I like the way Dota 2 deals with people who leave games a bit better, stick them all together and let them get a taste of their own medicine. The tribunal is a cool idea, but I think Riot need to handle some of the community/etiquette things a little bit better by doing it themselves. I understand they're a small company, but having a toxic community trying to fix itself is like covering Chernobyl with a band-aid and saying the radiation won't spread.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

What problem do you have with moving the camera, from what I remember it is the same as LoL. You can move the camera by moving the cursor in the direction that you want to move the camera to or you can click on the scroll wheel and move the camera. Isn't that the same as LoL?

my problem is the camera lock. in DotA you don't get that.and its something i use when i cant find my character in LoL.

my problem is the camera lock. in DotA you don't get that.and its something i use when i cant find my character in LoL.

You do get that, you can just double click your hero icon or double click F1 (or whatever button you use to select your hero).

I play Dota more as it is my first game that brings me into PC gaming. I think Dota is better due to all the f2p and you can absolutely not spending any money to play it. All heroes are free, no mastery whatsoever. Meaning everyone is at equal, making players skills and decision affecting the gameplay. 

As for LoL vs Dota 2, it is easy for Dota players to quickly adapt into LoL environment whereas it is very difficult for LoL players to adapt into Dota 2 environment.