LoL VS. DotA 2?

JoshK

I'm a regular dota player, I've tried Lol before, put in like 4-5 hours in trying to understand it but for some reason it just never clicked. I don't play Lol cause none of my friends play it and I also find that the camera movement too different from that of Dota. I also found that the colour scheme in Lol made it difficult for me to process what was going on whereas that of Dota's Radiant is much more nicer. I'm not bashing Lol, its just that I prefer dota cause I played it before Lol and cause i got into the beta (not that it was very hard) :)  

• 2 weeks later...

Not anymore :D

debatable

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

debatable

Now its down to preference where a few months ago i could outright say league looked like shit but i will always go off what game is better to play. 

A dota2 player with 2000 hours in the game can easily go into LoL and own.

A LoL player with 2000 hours in the game will go to dota2 and panic not knowing what to do.

Enough said.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Dota has always looked boring to me visually, to be fair I have never played it. I really enjoy League and have been playing for a few years now and am Diamond in ranked.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

A dota2 player with 2000 hours in the game can easily go into LoL and own.

A LoL player with 2000 hours in the game will go to dota2 and panic not knowing what to do.

Enough said.

As someone who have spent a good number of hours on both, I could say this is true. Went from Dota 1 to HoN to Dota 1 again then to LoL. From LoL to Dota 2, to LoL again then finally went back to Dota 2. Never looked back ever again.

EDIT: This is not to say Dota 2 is better than LoL beyond all recognitions. but personally, there's just something about Dota that is just outright above beyond anything else in the genre today.

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

Well coming from someone that has played both for more then 100 hrs I can say I prefer LoL over dota.

ohh comeon, I see some fanboy comments here.

The irony when you see people with i7 rigs but has pentium poor minds.

To the thread starter: I played both, both games are great, and you really have to experience it first hand. If you have extra-time go play it and see it for yourself. dont let others cloud your perspective to both games.

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

I finished diamond this season in LoL. Went to Dota and fucked shit out of the players. Both game are the same. I would say Dota is easier, but it's because I have some skill in MOBA games. They are the same. :)

"I am like ninja, but less gay" - Deadpool

Well, I like both games... until a toxic Pinoy comes in (By toxic Pinoys I mean those Pinoys who talk shit, put you and your teammates into trouble, griefing, basically to fuck up your almost or more than an hour's game of DotA or LoL. Not to be confused with Pinoys/Filipinos in general.) I hate MOBAs IMMEDIATELY. Ignoring them only challenges them to piss you off more. I swear, NO ONE DOES THESE KINDS OF SHIT LIKE TOXIC PINOYS. COME ON! Its like when you lose, the only thing you learn is to NOT get RNGeezus by being queued with them. I have lots of Pinoy friends and they are all fun to be with, but they too hate those toxic Pinoys with much more passion than I do.

Well, I like both games... until a toxic Pinoy comes in (By toxic Pinoys I mean those Pinoys who talk shit, put you and your teammates into trouble, griefing, basically to fuck up your almost or more than an hour's game of DotA or LoL. Not to be confused with Pinoys/Filipinos in general.) I hate MOBAs IMMEDIATELY. Ignoring them only challenges them to piss you off more. I swear, NO ONE DOES THESE KINDS OF SHIT LIKE TOXIC PINOYS. COME ON! Its like when you lose, the only thing you learn is to NOT get RNGeezus by being queued with them. I have lots of Pinoy friends and they are all fun to be with, but they too hate those toxic Pinoys with much more passion than I do.

I am a pinoy and I find this True.

we are the trashtalk capital of the world 

Link: http://enchos.com/now-trending-philippines-is-gaming-trash-talk-capital-with-hashtag-9gag-posts-meme-that-went-viral/

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

I myself have played ALOT of LoL and played Dota with friends on the side. I personally don't like Dota because it just has to much bs. Every single stun, silence ect. Is just to long for me and I constantly feel like I lose just because he stunned me for 5 seconds from across the map. When I get stunned in LoL I know it's my fault for being out of posision. Also because stuns and silences are shorter it just seem harder to master as you have to choose the moment when you want to use it wisely. Just my opinion don't hate.

I am a pinoy and I find this True.

we are the trashtalk capital of the world 

Link: http://enchos.com/now-trending-philippines-is-gaming-trash-talk-capital-with-hashtag-9gag-posts-meme-that-went-viral/

Well, wasn't there a news about a Filipino gamer who killed his aunt or granma after fetching him from an internet cafe?

Too much to read.. but Largest prize pool = dota 2 13,000,000 USD$.. LoL??  DOTA 2 is leading the way in e-sports

@WhOaMi_Gaming

id/theoriginalwhoami

*cough* SMITE *cough*

I was going to make the same post, lol.

Smite's world championship's prize pool is nearing $2M. And the game is pretty well balanced, with only 10% of the campions/gods/characters that never get played in competitive. I personally dislike the burst meta, as snowballing is kind of a thing, but generally there are great games.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I don't like rts games in general, but I think LOL has a much better community.  From the gameplay standpoint, there aren't many differences.

LOL is a casual's game.

Dota is for the men.

Hon is just a freak of nature that tries to pin point replicate dota's map and heroes.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

LOL is a casual's game.

Dota is for the men.

Hon is just a freak of nature that tries to pin point replicate dota's map and heroes.

Agreed.  You sound like a serious/competitive player?  Want to practice 1v1 mid ever?  4.6k + mmr would be great

@WhOaMi_Gaming

id/theoriginalwhoami

I don't like rts games in general, but I think LOL has a much better community.  From the gameplay standpoint, there aren't many differences.

If you're talking about the simple premise of "get gold, get items, push, win", yes they're pretty much the same.  But there are tons of not-so-subtle differences between LoL and DotA

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I finished diamond this season in LoL. Went to Dota and fucked shit out of the players. Both game are the same. I would say Dota is easier, but it's because I have some skill in MOBA games. They are the same. :)

LOL you are gonna get hate xD All of the "dota kids" like to say LoL is for n00bs and Dota is so skillful so it's funny that you say that xD

I also finished Diamond S4 for League, going for Challenger for S5 probably or Master :P

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Too much to read.. but Largest prize pool = dota 2 13,000,000 USD$.. LoL??  DOTA 2 is leading the way in e-sports

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/29/5949773/dota-2-the-international-tournament-20-million-viewers

Ok.

Desktop: Intel i7 4790k, Hyper 212 EVO, SLI Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming, 8GB HyperX Fury 1600mhz, Corsair CX850M, Fractal Design R5, Crucial MX100

Laptop: Samsung NP900X4C

Peripherals: HyperX Cloud Gaming, NAD Viso HP50, B&W P5, Logitech G710+, G400s, Z623, Galaxy Note 4 (Fiio E18 DAC), Google Nexus 7 (2013)