LoL VS. DotA 2?

JoshK

You are wrong, Me stating that before hand means what im about to say or type etc isn't actually said in an offensive manner, usually because it's a pretty factual observation or a statement of fact. You taking 2k hrs to nail the basics on dota is like commenting on the Battlefield forums that it's taken nearly 500 hours to learn how to aim down sight properly. Everyone would be like "umm lol? just how bad are you" or "yeah nice try troll". 

But yeah, it's most likely what  i said earlier and you don't quite get how we over here interact day to day, or you're just easily offended.

Linus agrees with me I win

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Both canadian, both think the same. Point null. Though seems now i win since that's all you're replying with, oh well.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Both canadian, both think the same. Point null. Though seems now i win since that's all you're replying with, oh well.

I'm sorry, but that self indulgent name of this website is what? Linustechtips.com, I think if linus says it it's canon on this website so na na nana na.

I'm sorry, but that self indulgent name of this website is what? Linustechtips.com, I think if linus says it it's canon on this website so na na nana name.

Rofl, kid-like replies. Just feel sorry for you now.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Rofl, kid-like replies. Just feel sorry for you now.

Well when like your super pro liek me its like doesn matter what you say cause your like so pro and noobs like you are all like "I coiuld be as pro as you if I played as much" but no you couldn because pros aren't trained there born. So GGHF.

Well when like your super pro liek me its like doesn matter what you say cause your like so pro and noobs like you are all like "I coiuld be as pro as you if I played as much" but no you couldn because pros aren't trained there born. So GGHF.

Aww so cute.

there is no comparison... league is so much easier. Which is not bad, but it will never never be a better competitive game. Sure you can play it casual with friends but dont fool yourself. The game has no chance to be a serious competitive opponent for dota

idk what you guys are fighting about, club penguin destroys both of these games

person below me is a scrub

I preferred DotA 2.

imo. I don't believe League is more balanced than DotA. Because in league e-sports professionals only use a selected few champions. While in DotA, there are a much more variety of heroes picked in the e-sport scene. In that sense it is balanced. DotA also is not about counterpicks as many of you guys are stating. DotA also comes down to player mechanics. I'm a pretty high level DotA 2 player and I can say that it is more about individual skills mechanics as oppose to picks. Unless you are 4900 MMR+ plus in DotA, counterpicks do not really hold a big relevance. As for cheese strategies, shown on Youtube videos. Those are cheese. If those were pull off in rank games of my level, your team would automatically lose.

One can not make a fair comparison between DotA 2 and league of legends unless you are a high level player in both games which almost no one is including myself.

But I will say both games have their own playstyles

DotA 2:

- longer team fights on average

- longer games on average

- weaker towers

- long duration disables

- you cannot surrender or forfiet the game when you are losing

- cosmetics can be found in game

- you can play whichever character you want

League:

-team fights happen

-shorter games on average

-stronger towers

-most disables are short

-spells are more spammable

-you are able to forfiet the game within 20 minutes.

-cosmetics cost money

-you don't get to play whatever character you want. Unless you earned enough in game money to purchase that character

They are both equally as good. However, I am biased towards DotA mostly because I like Valve more as a company as oppose to Riot.

That pretty much sums it up for me , choose what you want from the above list :P . I still like LoL because i find DoTA to be punishing for small mistakes ,like you die and  you loose gold and i also find it hard to keep up with the "OP ness " of some champs/heroes in DoTA (Doom ? Invoker?) . This is just my opinion . I also feel that DoTA is not newbie friendly.

I have played 1400 hours (approx) of LoL and 100odd hours of DoTA 2, so i may not be a good judge but i definitly feel its not friendly towards newbies.

LOL has been more balanced, has more content, and more mechanics, and more team focused(which causes a bit more frustration if your team blows).

You can't 1v5 with a DPS character because there is no BKB.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

LOL has been more balanced, has more content, and more mechanics, and more team focused(which causes a bit more frustration if your team blows).

LOL has been more balanced,

LoL as in laughing out loudly

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

LOL has been more balanced,

LoL as in laughing out loudly

You can only LoL because you can't argue with facts.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

You can only LoL because you can't argue with facts.

you are too stupid to argue with if you think LoL is more balanced than Dota 2

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

you are too stupid to argue with if you think LoL is more balanced than Dota 2

1. you failed to read.

2. Let me know how Ad Hominem works for you.

Both suck. Play Battlefield or Counter Strike.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Balanced in terms of not being punished for dying, failing, being stupid ? Yup. More content? In terms of "building your char" with runes n shit? I guess so. More mechanics ? Rofl no. More team based? Hahahaha.

If your's or their CARRY can 1v5 the whole team only 1 of 2 thing's happened or both. They faced a shitty team and got fed out the ass or they were left alone to freefarm and come in the late game where carries and hard carries shine and wreck face.

And if you mean the opposite, that the carry can't fight 1v5 because it doesn't have a bkb to block spells. Then you don't understand dota.

Balanced in terms of not being punished for dying, failing, being stupid ? Yup. More content? In terms of "building your char" with runes n shit? I guess so. More mechanics ? Rofl no. More team based? Hahahaha.

If your's or their CARRY can 1v5 the whole team only 1 of 2 thing's happened or both. They faced a shitty team and got fed out the ass or they were left alone to freefarm and come in the late game where carries and hard carries shine and wreck face.

And if you mean the opposite, that the carry can't fight 1v5 because it doesn't have a bkb to block spells. Then you don't understand dota.

Not being punished for dying? You mean like how you can buy back from death in Dota?

More content in terms of more heroes + more item choices for ability-focused heroess.

Let me know when casters don't turn into cc-bots late game in Dota 2.

Yeah, apparently PA + BKB can't kill entire enemy team. It does not happen every day but it happens way more often than LoL because of broken character design(either fail and be useless or get fed and become god).

No, you can't 1v5 in LoL unless other team has no CC.

I played Dota way before LoL existed.

This is so meaningless... people that are fanboys of dota will always say dota is better and vice-versa.

Unless you have played both games a lot(which many that posted here have), your argument is invalid.

I have only played DotA and probably never will play LoL but reading so much stupidity regarding DotA is so sad. And I guess the opposite also occurs.

Why not talk graphics? I think LoL textures and GUI suck dick *let the flames begin*

lock the tread please (; ?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Not being punished for dying? You mean like how you can buy back from death in Dota?More content in terms of more heroes + more item choices for ability-focused heroess.Let me know when casters don't turn into cc-bots late game in Dota 2.Yeah, apparently PA + BKB can't kill entire enemy team. It does not happen every day but it happens way more often than LoL because of broken character design(either fail and be useless or get fed and become god).No, you can't 1v5 in LoL unless other team has no CC.I played Dota way before LoL existed.

Yeah cos having one buy back and it being on like a 5 min cool down and increasing in gold as time goes by is totally unbalanced.

More content, I'll give you that.

This just in, casters aren't cc bots late game. As with everything, depends on the game but they ain't auto ccbots endgame. When was the last time you played dota?

Yeah.... Any >>>>fed<<<< carry can do that, hell even a good few "support casters" do it. Again when did you last play dota? Pa + bkb != instawin.

Might of played it well before LoL but you've certainly not been playing it in the last few years.

Having played both games (LoL & DotA2 & DotA1).

DotA 2

Pros:

- Teamwork is a must to win a match.
- The most balanced MOBA I've ever played.

- No Runes or Masteries to help you meaning even you're level 50+ and battling low levels there is no advantage.
- Items are Free. Tradable. Marketable.

- Excellent Gaming Platform (No Queuing)
- Suprisingly Fun Seasonal Games (Diretide, etc..)

- Skills and Experience in the game matters.
- You can use tactics like (Mind-Games, Fog of War, De-Agro-ing a Tower, etc..)

- Excellent Spectator Mode

- Deniable Creeps, Towers, and Heroes

- My Personal Favourite .. No Surrender meaning even when all hope is lost, you never know if you can make a comeback!

Cons:

- Harder to learn than LoL .. Hardest MOBA Game to Master.
- Can make you Rage at first. I experience this in low-prio games or sometimes in pubs.

- Unforgiving Community.

League of Legends

Pros:

- Easy to learn. really it's easy as sh*t.

- Sure .. Runes and Masteries can help you but I feel the game is unbalanced.
- Free Champions Every Week.
- Items are easier to build.
- Farm is very easy.

- Atleast Items are Balanced.

Cons:

- Queuing.

- Also can make you Rage.

- OP Towers.
- Un-deniable Creeps.

- Hard to Comeback. Towers are easily push even by just one champion

- No Fog of War

- Unfogiving Community
- Bad Gaming platform. can even sometimes connect.

"So I much prefer DotA over LoL not because it's not balanced or didn't meet my expectations but because it's got a lot to improve. even though DotA doesn't give Heroes/Champions Often but when they do they make sure it is well-balanced in the game, in LoL I see some players frequently abusing the current Meta of the game whereis in DotA everyone has a special role in the game whereis in LoL there's always a freakin' jungle why? just why? Im not being Bias just telling the truth. Peace!"

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz | COOLING: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VII Formula ATX | MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8) DDR3-1866 | STORAGE: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX860i 80+ Platinum | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780Ti DirectCU II (2-Way SLI) | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (Black) | DISPLAY: ASUS PB278Q 27.0" (2560 x 1440) | KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | SOUND: Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers / Razer Kraken Chroma | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Just started playing LoL after putting in 1300+ hours in Dota 2. Honestly LoL isn't that bad. It's simpler, but entertaining. It's something I can play when I'm bored.

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz | 8.00GB DDR4 | MSI Z170A SLI PLUS | GeForce GTX 1070 (Gigabyte) | DELL S2415H (1920x1080@60Hz) Acer 23" S230HL (1920x1080@60Hz) | 120GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO, 1TB Western Digital HDD,  1TB Western Digital HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Why not talk graphics? I think LoL textures and GUI suck dick *let the flames begin*

Well if you put it that way, I'd agree with you. I never liked LoL graphic-wise. 

Well if you put it that way, I'd agree with you. I never liked LoL graphic-wise. 

And then everyone complained when they tried to make it look like Dota. I find the GUI a little too minimalist, and too small. Everything in Dota is bigger, which I think makes everything easier to manage.

One thing no one has mentioned. Dota natively supports in-game Voice chat. What do you guys think of that one?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM