Rads In A Phanteks Enthoo Primo?

Hi, I'm new!

I am planning to do a Watercooled Build this summer based around the i7 4770K, with a Asus Maximus VI Formula and a couple of R9 290X's. When I was thinking about heat, I turned to watercooling, and heard about a new case from Phanteks, the Enthoo Primo.

Now, I am simply curious as to whether or not it is possible to completely watercool the Maximus VI Formula and 2 R9 290X's with 2 Rads and a single pump without the whole thing deciding to drop the pressure on the floor.

Another reason for this topic is I am not really sure what thickness Radiator could be fitted in the top of the case, with the above setup. I have been looking at the Alphacool NexXxos UT45 and UT60 (360mm for the top and 240 for the base) but I really have no idea what will fit, as this would be my first WC build.

Basically what will fit, and how well will it work.

Thanks very much for any help in advance!

Regards,

Xenon

What the hell is all this about Sound Cards? 

~Xenon

@Xenonfire Hello young member :) welcome to the LTT Forums.

May I know whether you'll post what your specs are currently? I will formulate up something and post later.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Hi, I'm new!

I am planning to do a Watercooled Build this summer based around the i7 4770K, with a Asus Maximus VI Formula and a couple of R9 290X's. When I was thinking about heat, I turned to watercooling, and heard about a new case from Phanteks, the Enthoo Primo.

Now, I am simply curious as to whether or not it is possible to completely watercool the Maximus VI Formula and 2 R9 290X's with 2 Rads and a single pump without the whole thing deciding to drop the pressure on the floor.

Another reason for this topic is I am not really sure what thickness Radiator could be fitted in the top of the case, with the above setup. I have been looking at the Alphacool NexXxos UT45 and UT60 (360mm for the top and 240 for the base) but I really have no idea what will fit, as this would be my first WC build.

Basically what will fit, and how well will it work.

Thanks very much for any help in advance!

Regards,

Xenon

I have the Phanteks Entoo Primo case myself and i have no problem with my 360 rad (610mm thick), i can even do push+pull without any problems because it's put more away from the motherboard.

It shouldn't be any problems watercooling in the case :)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

I have the Phanteks Entoo Primo case myself and i have no problem with my 360 rad (610mm thick), i can even do push+pull without any problems because it's put more away from the motherboard.

This^  I own the case as well, and this is well put.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I currently have a similar set-up. I have two 290X Lightnings and a 3770K though. I've got two 480mm 60mm thick alphacool UT60 radiators that I'll use (One in the top, one in the bottom) With this set-up it should be fairly silent. 

If you're getting an Enthoo Primo I think it's a waste to only use a 360mm and 240mm radiator IMO. If you're going to use the case properly, I'd go with a 480mm in the roof and a 240mm in the bottom unless you don't mind removing the bottom HDD cage.

I've done a test fit, and they both fit just fine by the way.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

@Xenonfire  1 pump is enough.

I use 2 780's + 1 3930k and 2 480mm rads in my loop, and I can run the pump at the lowest setting and still have plenty of flow.

(mcp 655)

If you're going to be overclocking the 290x's I suggest trying to do a 480mm + 360mm, or 2 480's  if it'll fit.  It'll allow much lower fan speeds and be 100% silent if you get a good power supply.  (Such as an EVGA 1000 p2)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@Xenonfire  1 pump is enough.

I use 2 780's + 1 3930k and 2 480mm rads in my loop, and I can run the pump at the lowest setting and still have plenty of flow.

(mcp 655)

If you're going to be overclocking the 290x's I suggest trying to do a 480mm + 360mm, or 2 480's  if it'll fit.  It'll allow much lower fan speeds and be 100% silent if you get a good power supply.  (Such as an EVGA 1000 p2)

Which is exactly what I plan on doing with my Enthoo Primo, and yes two 480's fit! :) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

@Xenonfire

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

dual 360/480 will fit fine in the enthoo primo for your build specs.

a bit overkill, but like mentioned, the more radiator surface area, the lower the
fan speeds can be for lower noise performance. 

I as well own this case and he is correct! you can fit pretty much any radiator you need to inside this case. 

Ah Thanks Everyone! Loos like it's going to be UT60 480mm top and 360mm bottom. I am so using this forum for future reference, you people are a hell of a lot more useful than the rest of the internet :)

Just for reference my current Pc is quite a notch down, 

- AMD FX-6300 @4.1Ghz @ 26 degrees Idle

- Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
- Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
- Asus Direct CUII AMD HD Radeon 7870 @ 1125Mhz
- 8GB Corsair XMS3 RAM 
- Corsair GS600 600W Power Supply
- 500GB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
- 500GB Seagate Momentus Hard Drive
- NZXT Source 210 Elite
- Asus PCI-e Wireless card
- 3x 140mm fan
- 3x120mm fan

So this will be quite an upgrade when i get round to it, but my workload has increased in not only gaming but also recording and editing.

Also since we're on the topic, there are noticeable issues with colour scheme, Like the front led strip is blue and yet the Maximus VI Formula is ROG and Red, so which do I go for? Do I swap out the blue LED strip on the front of the case, or just wing it and go for blue coolant and tubes and hope I can live with myself and that no-one sees?

~Xenon

Ah Okay, so that's a good option which is hopefully not too tricky!

In terms of components used in the loop, is there any risk of Galvanic corrosion from the Aluminium (or Aluminum) Cross-chill Heatsink combined with the Copper from the blocks etc. I saw an Asus article saying they'd tested it, but I want to be sure. The last thing I would want from a PC that will cost just over £2500 (nearly $4500) is for it to corrode and parts to need replacing :/

~Xenon

@Xenonfire

i believe ASUS learned from the formula V and used a coating inside the cross

chill MOSFET block, so i believe it is not a direct contact of aluminum in your

loop config. easy enough to add a couple of drops of corrosion inhibitor (glycol)

to take the easy route. many have not and have had no issues i am aware of

here or other forums.