Gigabyte Aorus X7

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1rnsioy

Amazon: http://georiot.co/tpK

There are a number of advantages and disadvantages to running a single more powerful GPU or multiple less powerful GPUs, but we've never really had an opportunity to investigate them in the context of a laptop! Here we go!

V2 - GTX 860M Upgraded Model:

Original Overview:

Yum a new video!

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Why is the video private?

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Because it is new@above, its like a special first look at the video before its public, I think

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Because it is new@above, its like a special first look at the video before its public, I think

I think he says so here @ 12:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJbLHLnTrd4#t=738

I always wondered why some of his videos were private first.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Aorus X7  -  Li Polymer 73.26Wh battery -               power usage(gaming load) 190W 

asus jz    -  8Cells 5900 mAh 89 Whrs battery  -         power usage Gaming load  200W

So both of them don't even work for 25 min, and that's not all, because 200w power suck is nightmare hor laptop battery (drastically shorten its life).

I never understand a gaming laptop production reason.

So this was pretty much single powerful GPU > lower tier cards in SLI and that trying to be Apple with making things more anorexic is a bad idea since heat is a thing. Cramming lots of power in a thin space always felt like a bad idea when you add too much power and try to also be really thin.

Aorus X7  -  Li Polymer 73.26Wh battery -               power usage(gaming load) 190W 

asus jz    -  8Cells 5900 mAh 89 Whrs battery  -         power usage Gaming load  200W

So both of them don't even work for 25 min, and that's not all, because 200w power suck is nightmare hor laptop battery (drastically shorten its life).

Hmm mots reviews are saying between 1 Hour 30 to 2 hours 30 for gaming on battery, depending on wether or not battery boost was enabled or not

My M18x manages about 2 hours on its battery

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hmm mots reviews are saying between 1 Hour 30 to 2 hours 30 for gaming on battery, depending on wether or not battery boost was enabled or not

My M18x manages about 2 hours on its battery

So looks like power usage tests are wrong cause rest is simple math.

So looks like power usage tests are wrong cause rest is simple math.

Im not sure, they use 180 watt Power Supplies so they could be using that amount of power, but a lot of reviews have said that they get at leat 90 minutes during gaming, strange. I wish Linus and Slick tested battery life, even just a simple load into a single player game of crysis 3 and just leave it running until it shuts down

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Im not sure, they use 180 watt Power Supplies so they could be using that amount of power, but a lot of reviews have said that they get at leat 90 minutes during gaming, strange. I wish Linus and Slick tested battery life, even just a simple load into a single player game of crysis 3 and just leave it running until it shuts down

I think a little about this, and maybe the reason of that power usage is testing with standard plug Watt Meter via power supply(extra losses) , on full load and without full battery so a big part of energy is been use to charge a battery.

:)  So thats a reason why they selling it with +180w power supply.

I think a little about this, and maybe the reason of that power usage is testing with standard plug Watt Meter via power supply(extra losses) , on full load and without full battery so a big part of energy is been use to charge a battery.

:)  So thats a reason why they selling it with +180w power supply.

To be honest I assume that for their load test they used Prime 95 and furmark or something. The laptop will probably net get 100% load under most normal gaming situations, less so when watching movies or something

Yeah, that's kind of the reason why many people end up disconnecting the battery and running off the adapter whenever they feel like gaming on the laptop ;)

Noticed Linus has a new watch, he had it filming the Bam launcher on his new channel already.

It's something we'll see on LTT, or ChannelSuperFun?

P.S.

quote from Luke: "With the JayZ, the big, thick, massive JayZ."

I giggled

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

This or the Blade 14?

This. Better screen real estate and hardware.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

The slides show Acer x7 instead of Gigabyte x7. :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Aorus X7 - Li Polymer 73.26Wh battery - power usage(gaming load) 190W

asus jz - 8Cells 5900 mAh 89 Whrs battery - power usage Gaming load 200W

K. My retina MacBook Pro 13" has 71Whrs of battery...with a gaming load of around 45W

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

• 4 weeks later...

I would rather go with a blade 14 it has a better screen. 1080 vs 3200x1800 I believe that's what it is

• 1 month later...