[Build Log] Blood and Ice - Another Prodigy Build

Bagmup

ITX system wouldn't be watercooled unfortunately. I'd convert it all back to air.

Either way, I'll be keeping a close eye on your build, a htpc is something I want to do myself.

Did some stuff last night/today :)

Decided to give cable lacing a bash seeing as @alpenwasser made such a good video guide and once you get your head around the mechanics of it, it's pretty easy. I will say though I would assume it may be easier to do on paracord rather than teleios because the teleios sleeving is quite stiff and harder to manipulate.

D8KguU7l.jpg

Looks nicer than the comb imo because the comb spreads the wires apart too far.

p1azgEtl.jpg

Also...

GPU Backplate and PCB cover.

Water blocks, they're sexy, what isn't as sexy is that since GPU's are getting longer, a full block no longer covers the whole PCB.

It looks a bit ugly and unfinished.

l95i2qel.jpg

Luckily, it's nothing a bit of time and acrylic cant fix, after a quick shape and measure, we have...

4GKeBrGl.jpg?1

I tend to leave myself idiot proof messages after destroying a piece of acrylic by cutting on the wrong side of the line :P

After cutting out the PCI-e socket relief.

zAD1l1Al.jpg

The finished product.

G5fI0I6l.jpg

The backplate, basically just a rectangle.

JoEwwFOl.jpg

Time for some ghetto solutions to a problem...can anyone guess what they used to be? Any builders or home handymen in the house? They should know...

AF4VUEyl.jpg

Finish off with some glamour shots, just because.

s1Y68Ebl.jpg

Je3tl2al.jpg

agVERnal.jpg

m310oTSl.jpg

kkT4WjIl.jpg

MZjV8kEl.jpg

Thanks for looking.

CPU has been ordered, once that's in and CPU block on, we can start the tubing...and the inevitable problem of not having enough of the correct fittings :D

Me want

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

wow, really nice build

Corsair Obsidian 350D Chassis / i7 4790K @ 4.0Ghz / Asus Strix GTX 970 / 16GB Red Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 Mhz / Asus Maximus VII Gene / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Crucial 250GB SSD / Crucial 480GB SSD / Seagate 1T Barracuda 7,200 RPM SATA III / Seasonic G750W PSU / ASUS Vulcan Headset / Corsair M65 / Corsair K70  / Razer Vespula Mouse Mat / 2 x 22" LG 22EA63 Monitors @ 1080p / 1 x 24" BenQ 144 Hz Gaming Monitor -   :P

YAY  :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Subbed. 

I want to see how this ends... :P

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Motherboard Assembly.

Warning, large photos because i ran out of free space on Imgur and I'm now using my old photobucket account, and cbf resizing, so sorry if you're on a mobile device.

Finally picked up my cpu after some deliberation in my head as to why i should buy an i5 over an i7 when all i do is game and just some general MS Office stuff.

So after buying my i7...  :lol: 

RAM...RED...

DSC_02971_zpse58fc134.jpg

They really do fit a lot of gear on a 17cm square area.

DSC_02981_zps62117059.jpg

Sexy socket action.

DSC_02991_zps0e7b6e1e.jpg

These have to be the most infuriating connections to make, ever. *The fingers you are using, are too fat*

DSC_03031_zps8cd35638.jpg

I deliberately left out a picture of how much thermal paste i used, because it's always wrong in someones eyes around here. So you can look at my painted water block instead.

DSC_03011_zps4099a0dc.jpg

DSC_03021_zps218fab95.jpg

DSC_03041_zps4dbf50a5.jpg

DSC_03101_zps55d5b475.jpg

DSC_03111_zps2cf78c20.jpg

So after this i was all excited because now, the end is in sight, just need to bend up some acrylic, fill her up with EK blood red coolant and fire her up...Nope, we have a problem.

The silicone cord that i purchased that was supposed to be for 10mm I.D. tubing was in fact, only just 9mm. What's 1mm between friends right? Well...

DSC_03091_zpsab233e9d.jpg

As you can see, the tubing collapsed until that 1mm was made up, resulting in a shitty bend.

But never fear @d33g33 came to the rescue and is sending me the correct size cord, just a bit of a bummer I couldn't get her running this weekend.

Thanks for looking :)

looks great so far! I love the prodigy (yes even after seeing it so many times!) and it's always nice to see how each person builds in it!

I love seeing these Prodigy custom cooling builds, probably because I want one! :-)

Cheers guys, I've been a bit held up because I was sold the wrong size silicone cord for bending the acrylic and I couldn't find any cord or a suitable replacement anywhere.

Luckily @d33g33 came to my rescue and has sent me a piece of cord ( for no money up front) so hopefully I can get it finished by this weekend.

yay :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Sooo Close yet sooo far, this needs to finish. I NEED IT TO FINISH!!! lol Good work!  :D

ASRock Z87 Killer, Core i5 4670k, Corsair Vengeance 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz, Gigabyte Windforce R9 280X, Corsair Cx 750m, Crucial Ballistix 120Gb SSD, 1Tb Seagate barracuda, Bitfenix Ghost, Lots of fans lol, AOC e2352Phz 23.5" Full HD 3D, Turtle Beach Impact 500 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Steelseries Sensai Raw, AudioTechnica ATH-M50X.

So true, you can go through the stuff like a madman, especially when trying out new routes and whatnot.  Ordered 6m of rigid acrylic for a previous build, somehow ended up with only 1m left at the end of it.  Not to mention it's just useful having spare tubing around, never know if you may want to replace something or use it for a different purpose.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

god that looks nice! :)

have you thought about painting the motherboard heatsinks? just because the gold looks slightly out of place in a red and white build, especially next to that RAM ;)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

god that looks nice! :)

have you thought about painting the motherboard heatsinks? just because the gold looks slightly out of place in a red and white build, especially next to that RAM ;)

I was going to take them off and sandblast them back to aluminium, but you can't undo that if you need to rma later, I might plasti dip them later, for now I just want to get it finished.

Sorry for the hold ups men, I'm just as frustrated.

Anyways, more tubing and fittings have been ordered, I even put out for express shipping so hopefully I get it all by Friday so I can spend the weekend up to my elbows in tubing up and leaking fittings :D

Dayuuuuum. that looks great! :)

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC