NVIDIA GameWorks™ review

Go to solution Solved by Slick,

Alright boys - I'm busy and don't have time to go through this right now

I heard people are being mean... This is your chance to go back and edit your posts before I start slappin people

tumblr_ljq77svYwA1qavmeoo1_500.gif

Greetings,

today I'm gonna talk about Nvidia's new feature called Gameworks. It's some kind of step against AMD to compete, step good for us, Nvidia gamers :)

To say in short, NVIDIA GameWorks™ represents pack of Nvidia technologies such as VIZUAL FX, PHYSX, CORE SDK, OPTIX FOR GAMING, SAMPLE CODE & TOOLS, with which help modern games can be considered as a next gen & becomes more photo realistic & interactive. Also Nvidia provides code optimization with debug tools & creating profiles with software support.

Now, let's talk about in details about technologies used in Gameworks.

I will start with components included in VIZUAL FX which are used for rendering & visual effects in games. These are:

• HBAO + (Enhanced Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion) - It itself represents part of NVIDIA ShadowWorks. HBAO uses a physically-based algorithm that approximates an integral with depth buffer sampling. In other words, the upgrade enables HBAO to generate higher-quality SSAO whilst increasing the definition, quality, and visibility of the AO shadowing. improves upon existing Ambient Occlusion techniques to add richer, more detailed, more realistic shadows around objects that occlude rays of light. Compared to previous techniques, HBAO+ is faster, more efficient, and significantly better. Also another technology which is included in ShadowWorks is Advanced Soft Shadows, which provides in game high quality shadows. It renders both cascade shadows & many lighting source simultaneously.

iZVv7hk.jpg

For more details about HBAO+ visit this link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/hbao-plus

• TXAA or Temporal Anti-aliasing - It's part of NVIDIA PostWorks which also includes other post-process technologies like Depth of Field. TXAA is movielike AA which's main goal is to devour temporal aliasing in games, especially while moving (sometimes called crawling & flickering). TXAA in most cases is superior to other high-end AA alternatives. It gives MSAA 8X & better visuals without loss of performance. As FXAA is meant for best performance AA, TXAA is meant for best visual without loss of performance.

For more details, visit this link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/txaa/technology

• NVidia faceworks - another great technology from Nvidia. It's supposed to give realistic face in games (eyes, skin). I hope everyone remembers famous "DIGITAL IRA" in Nvidia demo, which showed stunning graphics of man's face with help of DX11.

For more details visit: http://www.nvidia.com/coolstuff/demos#!/lifelike-human-face-rendering

You can download from here & enjoy this demo: http://us.download.nvidia.com/downloads/cool_stuff/demos/SetupFaceWorks.exe

• NVIDIA WaveWorks - This feature provides maximum realism of waves & water in general in games. It includes such things like wind, it's speed & trajectory, just like in real world.
  • NVIDIA HairWorks - Title speakse itself. It provides realistic fur & hair rendering. In this video you can see, that on Riley & wolves there are 10k furs being rendered. This technology also will be used in Witcher 3.
  •  NVIDIA GI Works (Global illumination) - This one is used in scenes which include indirect illumination & such objects which are illuminated by various sources. This feature gives graphics amazing visuals.
  •  NVIDIA Turbulence - This one is used for realistic fog, dust, smoke for dynamic moving simulation. 

Conclusion: All these features give Nvidia simply the best option for gamers.

Nvidia - The way it's meant to be played!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

nb4 flamewar

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I don't mean to be rude, but since you have an Nvidia GIF as your avatar, this topic is null and void to me.

i wish they published the tech demo executables for stuff like waveworks, hairworks, turbolence, and physix

but they just relased the faceworks one (i.e. bald man simulator 2014), which looks so bad and creepy that my system can run it, but i can't look at it

Link articles, no personal thoughts should be involved in things like this.

> Benchmarks mf.

Yawwwwwnnn. Sounds like a fanboy gushing. Closed proprietary garbage that will only be adopted on some games and will slowly die out.

Since you have the Nvidia logo as your profile, I find this expected, making it biased

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

The technology itself is cool, the bad thing about it is that it is not open. That way devs can't implement it on amd cards or on consoles, making it undesirable to use on multiplatform games. Also we could get more and more watch dogs, meaning games which are basically designed to run worse than they whould on amd cards.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't now what is all the hype with this guy's avatar. Yeah, it's an nVidia logo, but who cares. My title is "Corsair 350D Fanboy," does that mean that when I recommend that case to someone my recommendation is irrelevant, but when someone else makes it is fine? From what I see he has combined and presented synthesized information from all over the place and that is it, rather than making a review of it. There are also videos to show what exactly the technology does.

I don't really support nVidia's approach to this technology, but hey, AMD didn't share the Mantle API or True Audio did they? This is just how economy works. 

Intel is not going to go to AMD and say:

-Hey AMD your performance per clock is really bad, do you want some help with that? We can share everything.

Same goes for AMD and their APUs. Intel is so far behind on integrated graphics, which really a bust for HTPCs...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Need to get Intel Logo as avatar LOL.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

When I first read the title of this I thought it was going to be a developer's review of implementing GameWorks into a game.... Nope, it's just a fanboi responding to all the GameWorks hate that's going on from Watch_Dogs.

Haters can go & cry in corner if you don't like my review... I don't give a shit about your idiotic opinions, go grow up... Only 1 normal person who entered here is @Analog

Other are either stupid kids, either grown up idiots!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Haters can go & cry in corner if you don't like my review... I don't give a shit about your idiotic opinions, go grow up... Only 1 normal person who entered here is @Analog

"IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME YOU'RE A STUPID KID HATER" blah blah blah. People said you sounded like a fanboy. You do. Then you back it up with crap like this.

English better, please...

COMIC SANS

"IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME YOU'RE A STUPID KID HATER" blah blah blah. People said you sounded like a fanboy. You do. Then you back it up with crap like this.

Go kill yourself. You sound like a 12 kid & those people are also noobs like you. I was right many people here (not all) are stupid kids including you.

English better, please...

better my ass

Go kill yourself. You sound like a 12 kid & those people are also noobs like you.

>Telling people to go kill themselves on an Internet forum

>Assuming a person on the Internet is 12 years old

>Calling people noobs

Do you have anything better to do with your life? 

COMIC SANS

>Telling people to go kill themselves on an Internet forum

>Assuming a person on the Internet is 12 years old

>Calling people noobs

Do you have anything better to do with your life? 

Took the words from right under my fingers

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Go kill yourself. You sound like a 12 kid & those people are also noobs like you. I was right many people here (not all) are stupid kids including you.

Bahahaha yes, I'm a 12 year old kid with an electrical engineering degree & a law degree. I needed a good laugh :)

I'm done with you guys, I wrote informative review with videos & facts & who's interested in these things gonna like it & if you don't like it because of my avatar it's your problem and it shows how "intellectual" & "grown up person" you are. When crowd says something it doesn't mean they are right. Sometimes & even often majority can be stupid like a blind sheep. One idiot said my review wasn't trustful because of my avatar & then you all followed him like a blind sheep. I'm so sorry for you, people like you doesn't have their own opinions or taste. They usually do as majority says. You're just pathetic bunch of puppets.