Best NON mechanical keyboard

Unknownuser200

Im looking for something quiet and ergonomic (im not sure if im in the right term. my current cheapo keyboard the keys are larger and a bit curved) but i can do some gaming on. something that is very easy on the hands. With basic quick keys such as volume pause play etc. lets say under 180$

At that budget you could get a mechanical with quiet switches with O-rings and it will be a lot better. As far as a membrane keyboard I do not know but I would look at cherry MX Browns, or Reds, they are silent and with O-rings there is no bottom out sound. 

Edit: I know you said no mechanical but I am not sure if you had looked into those switches or not.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

SteelSeries Apex because of the macros keys, colorful backlighting, and media keys

But why not mechanical?

COMPUTER - Enermax Ostrog Gt | Asus M5A99FX R2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 4GB | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | Crucial M500 240GB | WD Blue 1TB

NAS - NZXT H440 | Asus H97 Plus | Intel Pentium G3258 | Stock Intel Fan | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | MyDigitalSSD M.2 64GB | 4x 2TB WD Red

LAPTOP - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 | Intel i5 | 128GB SSD + 64GB MicroSD | 4GB Ram :)

Logitech Classic K100 lel... my precious

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

At that budget you could get a mechanical with quiet switches with O-rings and it will be a lot better. As far as a membrane keyboard I do not know but I would look at cherry MX Browns, or Reds, they are silent and with O-rings there is no bottom out sound. 

Edit: I know you said no mechanical but I am not sure if you had looked into those switches or not.

Quite literally what I was going to say...

From what you asked of in a keyboard in the first post.. You can get a mechanical that could be more quiet than many membrane keyboards..

Just look into mechanical keyboard switches. They're called Cherry MX-(color) switches. Just avoid the Blue's - they are the most clicky, tactile, and loudest.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Logitech G19, its fucking amazing and I don't care that it is not mechanical (I did get it cheap on their website), otherwise the G105 is good too (my keyboard on my old rig) 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Logitech G19, its fucking amazing and I don't care that it is not mechanical (I did get it cheap on their website), otherwise the G105 is good too (my keyboard on my old rig) 

I've had a G19 since 2010 and I must say it has treated me well all these years. Its 4 year anniversary is coming in mid-june so not only does it look baller; it'll last you a long time.

Also, have you considered the Strike-7 From MadCatz? It has a really cool detachable layout. Definitely something to consider.  

//ccap

Here is what i have now if you notice there is a slight curve to it... so im not sure what profile that is considered. I was looking into non mec because i want something extremely quiet i hate loud keyboards.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/242037/mechanical_keyboard_faq_pick_the_right_switch.html

i saw this and mech keyboards even with black switchings ever 7 db louder (2ce as loud) as a non mech maybe im missing something if i am feel free to correct me

as well as im use to the larger keys , the roccat ISKU i picked up and will be returning , is like they took a regular keyboard size. and macros on the side and shoved it all close together and smaller keys to fit it all lol. I did not enjoy that

post-45066-0-05141200-1401340074.jpg

I used Logitech K350 ergonomic keyboard before switching to mechanicals. Easily the best non-mechanical keyboard I ever used. I still use it as my back-up board. It's also wireless with an insane battery life.

MS Sidewinder X4

Easily one of the best rubber domes. 

This is what I've heard also.

I really like my Logitech G510S. I upgraded to it recently after using a G15 for several years. Depending on your location, it can often be found for under $100. I got mine for only $80 at Best Buy. I gave a detailed review of it here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/142477-logitech-g502-g510s-and-razer-tartarus/

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

why what mechanical keyboard is quiet and ergonomical?

I think blacks are quiet. To be honest, I switched to blues from membrane and oh my goooooooood (dancing duck) it is amazing. Never typed so fast in my life. The blues are the loudest but I kind of like the click. you wont regret a MECH keyboard.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I think blacks are quiet. To be honest, I switched to blues from membrane and oh my goooooooood (dancing duck) it is amazing. Never typed so fast in my life. The blues are the loudest but I kind of like the click. you wont regret a MECH keyboard.

if the guy doesn't want mech, don't gush about how much you love yours. He won't have the same opinion as you.

Back on topic, though, I've heard good things about Logitech's g510s

if the guy doesn't want mech, don't gush about how much you love yours. He won't have the same opinion as you.

Back on topic, though, I've heard good things about Logitech's g510s

I know he doesn't want a MECH. Maybe he was misinformed about how loud a MECH is and I was just trying to convince him that a better typing experience will be had on a mechanical keyboard. It's not like it's off topic, it's just an attempt to help someone. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Mechanical switches are pretty damn loud no matter which switch you get or how tarted up with O-rings you make it. Curved boards can help, but it's more about how your hands and wrists and arms all fall with the keyboard plane. Logitech K740 is my recommendation for quiet typing, well within your budget too.