$750 build need help deciding on CPU.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/WUIv Here's what I have now. Will getting a cheaper AMD CPU affect gaming performance? Also is there anything else i should switch about this build? NOTE: Only want to buy from DirectCanada due to free shipping, unless the price/performance difference works out better.  

if you can, go for a fx-6300 and an after market cooler. but the build is good.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+ | Asus M2N68-AM SE2 | 3gb ddr2 | Orion 600w | Sapphire HD5570

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/WUIv Here's what I have now. Will getting a cheaper AMD CPU affect gaming performance? Also is there anything else i should switch about this build? NOTE: Only want to buy from DirectCanada due to free shipping, unless the price/performance difference works out better.  

I'd go for a FX-6300 if you can, you're also going to need some storage. 

Added a 250GB HDD and an FX-6300, not all the parts are from DirectCanada because they were either much more expensive then other places which would cancel out the free shipping or they just didn't have the part. All worked out to $756: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/WV1U

fx-6300 is a great choice, especially when overclocken, this thing is truly awesome for the price

cheaper option: AMD Phenom II X4 965, great overclocker, fits any am3(+) board, but does not need a 990 chipset. Its a bit old, but it is still a great budget gaming cpu.

more expensive option: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2. I keep recommending this, because it is a real secret tip for anyone who is looking for the best 200 bucks cpu. Its socket 1155 and it cant be overclocked, so you can choose a cheap B75 or H77 mainbaord. That saves a  lot of money. But it still has all the ivy-bridge features like pcie 3.0. Also you can run the stock cooler without any temperature problems. Perfomance wise it is basically a 3770 non-k. 4 cores and hyperthreading, so 8 threads. And this all for 200 bucks.

These are just my recommendations for a good value for money cpu from around 100-200 bucks

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

If you want to get the best gaming performance and you dont really care a lot about rendering and cpu intensive stuff, this would be the way to go. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/WV7P

The saved money from cpu and mb can go to the gpu and with this config a 430 psu is just enough. ;)

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Really, if you can squeeze a 3570k in your budget, do it. At least try to get something like a i5-2500. I wouldn't recommend AMD CPU's for gaming purposes unless your budget is very restricted

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Really, if you can squeeze a 3570k in your budget, do it. At least try to get something like a i5-2500. I wouldn't recommend AMD CPU's for gaming purposes unless your budget is very restricted

why wouldnt you recommend AMD its Cheap and performs well for its price :D although its quite hotter and consumes lots of power than intel either way its still a good CPU if you're on a budget

fx-6300 is a great choice, especially when overclocken, this thing is truly awesome for the price

cheaper option: AMD Phenom II X4 965, great overclocker, fits any am3(+) board, but does not need a 990 chipset. Its a bit old, but it is still a great budget gaming cpu.

more expensive option: Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2. I keep recommending this, because it is a real secret tip for anyone who is looking for the best 200 bucks cpu. Its socket 1155 and it cant be overclocked, so you can choose a cheap B75 or H77 mainbaord. That saves a  lot of money. But it still has all the ivy-bridge features like pcie 3.0. Also you can run the stock cooler without any temperature problems. Perfomance wise it is basically a 3770 non-k. 4 cores and hyperthreading, so 8 threads. And this all for 200 bucks.

These are just my recommendations for a good value for money cpu from around 100-200 bucks

I have never really looked at the 1155 Xeon's but this is honestly amazing, do you loose support for XMP/higher RAM speeds?

I have never really looked at the 1155 Xeon's but this is honestly amazing, do you loose support for XMP/higher RAM speeds?

Yes, that is also a "downside". Of course, it is not designed for that, but memory does not affect performance at 1866 MHz or higher. And with ram prices rocketing these days you would be better off with some standard 1600 MHz ram anyways.

I think you should go for a cpu that fits your needs and your budget. i would personally choose the Amd FX 6300 because they aren't so much behind Intel as folks says they are, just look at Linus an Logan's videos.

AMD