GTX 670 or GTX 680?

ShaunW500

So I'm going to get one of the two GPU's but don't know which. Also if you can recommend a brand that is good that will help as well.

I'll be playing at 1920x1080 resoultion.

Thanks!

Obvious answer is the 680...

If you're going underwater go for EVGA, if not either an ASUS DCII or MSI Twin Frozr

GTX670 get's my vote. Honestly don't think the 680 is worth the extra costs, especially since it can play most games at high/max settings anyways.

MSI GTX670 PE - plenty of room for OCing with tripple over voltage and a sweet cooling setup thanks to Twin Frozr 4 :)

680's aren't worth the extra cost when you can overclock a 670 and get the same result..

I have to agree with christoi and windseed36. The gtx 670 is a better bang for you buck but if you have to extra $100 to spend on the gtx680 then do it. It is a better faster card but is it really worth the extra money? Probably not.

But get an EVGA their customer service is unparalleled.

Okay. I'm confused either with asus or msi. Don't know which one, also what the 7970?

670 or better yet 7950. The top dogs are never a good choice price to performance wise.

If you are debating the 7970. Let me point you over to another post that covers this pretty well.

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/graphics-cards/6173-7970-or-680

I would just say that all these cards will perform very similar to one and another. A lot just comes down to what you want to pay and what niche features you want.

If you are debating the 7970. Let me point you over to another post that covers this pretty well.

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/computer-hardware/graphics-cards/6173-7970-or-680

I would just say that all these cards will perform very similar to one and another. A lot just comes down to what you want to pay and what niche features you want.

Okay. Just make sure is seasonic 650watt enough for

Intel i5 3570k

MSI Mpower z77 motherboard

MSI gtx 670 PE

8GB memory

SSD

Hard drive

I also chosen msi gtx 670 but a lot of people are saying get evga because customer service, problem is they use reference cooler so I don't know if they are good.

Get 670, you dont need 680 for that resolution (even 670 is more than enough for 1080p60) I wiuld suggest either MSI power edition or asus dc 2 one

That'll work. Personally I'd prefer an extra 100w of headroom but what you've listed will suffice

650 watts is more then enough for a single high end graphics card. If you are never not sure about your PSU this is a useful link.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

So what board partners is always a good question. It often comes down, once again to price, to what want to pay. I personally own an EVGA and love it. But i have a water block on mine. I used the blower style fan for a while and had no complaints about it. EVGA does make a few cards that are not single fan blower types. Such as the EVGA 02G-P4-3677-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW Signature2 but you will have to pay more for it.

I guess i would say if you are super serious about overclocking your card. Get a one with a good multi fan cooler on it. Asus and MSI both make very high quality cards but you will pay more for them. I have also owned GIGABYTE cards for years and have nothing bad to say about them. I personally dont leave my card overclocked all the time. Just because its kind of unnecessary.

Long story short pick what you like and what is in you price range. At this level of card you will be happy.

Get a MSI power edition 670 and OC it.. you get the best performence for your money then

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

a 660 is enough for 1080p 60hz in reality, the 660 ti/670/680 humiliate games on your standard 1080p monitor. so it depends on what your really wanting out of it, if you want to play every game on ultra settings get a non reference 670.

Just used that link, says I'll only be using 434watts lol

I don't know which MSI or evga... there to many !!!!!!!

Personally MSI - better overclocking plus with their TF 4 design, the fans spin backward on startup to remove dust

Sounds about right. The bare minimum that is recommended on these high end cards is 500 watt PSU. You have to remember tho that PSUs are most efficient at around 80% loads. Unless you own a 80+ gold or higher PSU then its 80-90%. It is always good to have extra head room just in case you want to add something later.

Will this be good

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-seasonic-x-650-modular-80-plus-gold-90-eff-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-fan-cooling

Problem is I just watched a video and I want a power supply where the fan is mounted downwards so it gets air from under the case. This PSU can't be turned up side down. If you did the sticker will be the wrong way haha!

The 680 performes like 2-10 FPS better than the 670 you have to see if the money is worth it. But you will get more fps per dollar with the 670.

Certainly nothing wrong with that PSU. Seasonic is good name brand. They are one of the few companies that manufacture their own PSUs. In fact they make my Corsair AX 850 and many other companies PSUs. If would just recommend if you can afford it try to get something like a 850 watt. Just for the sole reason that if you want to upgrade in the future you wont have to buy a bigger PSU later. A good PSU like that Seasonic should easily last 7-10 years. But if you are happy with a 650 and you really dont think you will need more stick with it.

As far as i know all PSUs these days have the mounting to be mounted with the fan face upwards or downwards. But i do know that a lot of companies forget to take the stickers in consideration when they are facing downwards.

If you want the 680 get the 7970 from ASUS or Saphire cheaper and better.

I believe MSI cooling is better than EVGA, but I think EVGA has the best assistance, its really top notch.