Corsair 230T Gaming Case

I think you have to lean towards reviewing budget friendly products. Not everyone has thousand dollars to spend on a computer yet alone several thousand. Most people want the best bang for the buck and aesthetics are sometimes a compromise a lot of people are willing to make. I want to see where the manufactures had to cut those corners to make it a budget friendly product and we can continue to leave feedback on where they should and should not make those adjustments.  

I like this case. It's a lower end product with middle to higher end looks and features. :)

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

One idea is maybe to do a segment where you review "value" items that give you a similear level of performance to high end stuff. Sort of how do you get the most performance for the lowest dollar...

I find the high-end stuff actually not that interesting even if I ignore the fact that I can't afford it. Thing is - there's not much challenge when it comes to the high end - usually you pay the most and you get the best. Easy. Now figuring out where the sweetspot is in terms of decent quality, price, performance and features - THAT is really interesting and if you ask for that you usually only get big questionmarks above peoples heads. For me that's the eternal quest when it comes to PC Hardware.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

$89.99 plus tax and shipping is not a value case.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I actually want to see more budget reviews by you guys.  

Great case, nice video. I like seeing some more entry level stuff, it's nice to see things that are sort of in your budget to use as a buyer's guide. That said though, the top-end eye candy needs to stay, so perhaps a balance of 75% high end to 25% low end? It's good as is, so whatever, I'll still watch it for Linus :)

I watch the videos for the entertainment value. I don't actually care what you review. Infact I started watching your videos about 3+ years ago when I wasn't that interested in tech. So I'm up for the lower end reviews as well. You can just add more silliness to those reviews to make up for the bling highend factor. (even the low end gpus that don't do anything... adds drama =P)

I like the value oriented reviews.  Do we need an endless stream of lower tier parts? No.  But, videos about some of the better options at the lower price points would be great.  There videos can help buyers decide what features they are willing to compromise on while still getting a decent product.  

Nice review, as always !!! I think it is a good thing to review a cross section of cases, your recommendation goes along way to what we are going to buy and also what we would recommend to other people. Keep up the good work.

I do like to see people talking about the more budget-oriented cases. Mostly because that's where my money generally goes, and I want to know what I'm sacrificing at this price point. I want to know the market, and I want to know if a case is worth my money - or if it's not.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

As you know most of your audience is young males who doesn't have a job and are most likely to buy entry level stuff. So in my opinion you should review/overview more entry level components, besides of course your usually mid to high end stuff  :wub:

$89.99 plus tax and shipping is not a value case.

True - I'd consider it more of an affordable good quality mid-range case. And that's exactly what I'm usually aiming for.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I actually like the look of this case, especially the orange model :)

I prefer videos on high end stuff,ff you review something high end it tends to show off everything to look out for, and we can look out for those features on cheaper products.

Although If a really good cheap/low end product is very interesting, then it should be reviews. like this case for example, there are plenty of people buying cheap cases so knowing there are good ones out there is valuable. 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

it was just as interesting and i would like you to continue making lower end product reviews, but not of the bad products only of the ones that gets a thums up from you or the rest of your team

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Honestly I prefer you do more midpoint selling items than higher end components mainly because I believe most of you audience is mid end users and are looking for buying option in their price point but watches you video because you review great and would like to see who manufactures the high end components when we have a chance to upgrade. I do like the higher end components to be reviewed so i can base my mid point buy with the slightest drawback for an higher end products. Much like this case, they sacrifice very little to get a great case but has slight drawback...

Also I just created this account to give you this feedback because my Youtube comments is messed up. And this form is confusing

I definitly strongly prefer reviews on the things I'm actually going to buy.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I would like to see more videos on lower end products. It might also be a neat idea to review cases from "noname" brands (AZZA, rosewill, sentey to name a few). It would help people fine a good temp case if there on a tight budget. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I like "value oriented" product overviews and reviews since they are what most people end up buying. Though I love seeing the high end stuff since it's where innovation usually starts and where companies can really show what they are capable of.

I liked it, there are cases out there at a similar price point that have a LOT less features and nowhere near as good build quality...

But we already know that Corsair are god-tier in that perspective anyway :D

Intel Core i5 4670K  /  Nvidia GeForce GTX 780  /  8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz  /  240GB Corsair Neutron SSD  /  2TB WD Black  /  Windows 8.1 64Bit Pro  /  13inch MacBook Pro w/Retina Display

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hey guys, dont go to Amazon.com for this. I found it for minimum 60 buckd (us)!  I went to Microcenter.com and found it for 47... Just checked NewEgg... 79 for the red and the blue one almost double the ammount.... 

Be carefull guys, best of luck

- ethan