Corsair 230T Gaming Case

I liked this review. This is a case I might consider buying at some point in time, so it's good to see a proper review of it.

High end stuff is very amusing to watch too, although it's just eye-candy, as you said.

I pretty much agree with Linus on this case. Although, there are 2 points I have to disagree with (one of them is even missing in the video):

• No mention of the space for a bottom mounted 120-140mm fan (that doesn't have a dust filter like under the PSU).
  • Corsair only lists its 120mm H-series liquid cooling units to be compatible with this case. 140mm fans will fit in the top (would be surprising if they didn't when there are mounting holes for them) but there isn't that much space for the 8pin cable to get through from behind the MoBo - see photo). So, a 140 or even bigger AIO doesn't seem likely to fit or at least you'll have to tinker around with the 8pin cable.

Still, a good review of a great case.

Would definitely like to see more videos about value oriented / entry-/mid-level components.

http://imgur.com/lorKJs8

Those are 2x Corsair AF140 fans and a ASRock MoBo.

Edit: I almost forgot: the little rubber grommets on the top for the fans are great, but if you mount a 140mm fan in the place at the back of the top the rubber grommets tend to squeeze through the widened holes while you screw the fans on. No problem with 120mm fans, though.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1jTqX4z

Amazon: http://georiot.co/32Iz

This is a solid case for a gamer or really anyone with a pretty powerful PC that needs solid cooling and features, and it comes in at a pretty solid price point with looks that I personally think are a strong selling point.

It's very important to review both high end, and low end things. There are more people with lass money, then ones with tons of money. 

And some of us just have extra PC parts laying around and want a good cheep case or PSU to go along with it so we can get extra computers up and running. 

Seeing you change the past few years I seen you go towards more high end things, try to include more low end cheep popular things, and think from a high schoolers perspective. It will get you better audience in the long run. 

i think low end stuff can be just as good but it need to be ether meets expectations or its terrible and be a don't buy it video.  that way i learn something / stay interested.

I think most people will like the cream of the low/mid range stuff as that was most people buy.

I prefer the higher end product reviews, they show us the forefront of innovation, where as the middle range products just show us a watered down version of the high end.

It would be cool to see a mix of budget and high end stuff

eg the Fractal design Arc mini R2 and the corsair 900D

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

not sure why its worth the 20% price premium over my case (if someone wants to have an informed debate im willing to listen) if it was all opticals it would have been better too its allot more versatile, unfortunately the top roof fan spots will let dust settle in unless your running 2 fans in the blowing out all the time which is noise, extra wiring and another 2 fans that will eventually have bearings fail.
aside from the window and ssd mounting points (which are largely irrelevant) there isnt  much between this and the nzxt source 210 which is £40 not £60..

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

Ad in the middle of the video? Not cool Linus, not cool.

i7 3770K @4.3Ghz, H100, 16GB RAM, Windforce 780Ti & 680, HyperX 3K 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB, WD 2TB Black, Asus Z-77 V-PRO, Some ODD, 3X 24" 1080P

I know ill cop alot of hate for saying this but id really love to see a review on the InWin D-Frame ;)

I prefer you guys focus on the higher end enthusiast stuff myself.

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

I think you should do Entry level and mid-high end stuff. It gives budget builders something of a "tangible(?)" answer and convincing on what case to buy.

And also I think you should do some Top 10s, like TOP 10 ENTRY LEVEL CASES or TOP 5 SSDs or TOP 10 MECH KEYBOARDS something like that.

And also something like "500$ Gaming PC Build" or "800$ Gaming PC Build".  Will help many people in what parts to pick.

Just my 2cents

You guys should do more reviews of midrange products because those are the products that people actually buy. I would LOVE a review of the Phanteks Enthoo Pro once it's commercially available in North America. 

Granted, we love the eyecandy of cases like the 900D, or the Enthoo Primo, but covering cases in the $50~$150 price range is critical, plus others closer to the $200 mark like the Corsair 760T. 

I absolutely loved your H440 review, if for nothing else but to see cable management and how a decent system would look in the case in addition to seeing some of its quirks that I wouldn't realize on a product page. 

Also, @LinusTech , have you found a correlation between view count and case price? It would really be interesting to know. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I really like the looks of this case! This is one of the very few cases which could maybe convince me to go with a full ATX Board for my next PC upgrade. I usually don't really like Full ATX cases that much cause they just look too bulky for my taste but this looks kinda sporty for the lack of a better word. Very nice!

As for non high-end reviews - Sure, that would be awesome! I'm all for reviews about stuff I can actually afford and potentially buy in the end. I mean watering my mouth for the unreachable is fun but kind of pointless for me in the end - falls more into the category nice to know.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Thank you for this video. If you're going to make more of this style, forget the long post I posted into some kind of a topic about suggestions.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Hearing about high-end hardware is always exciting, but not something a poor ass college kid could hope to afford. While a video like that is far more practical and usefull. I might pick this up for my first build. Love the Vids Linus.

Welcome to the Forum!

I agree, I like the high end reviews but it is nice to have Linus's opinions on the lower end stuff that I will actually buy. 

As always, great video @LinusTech ! When shopping for PC related stuff, I often search the youtubes to see if you have reviewed it, I trust your opinions the most. I would like to see some lower end headphone and peripheral reviews, (I would quite like to see some flightstick reveiws, as I am currently shopping for one) and even some more different things like desk chairs and just useful tips to make the most of the hard/software. (After all the channel is called LunusTechTips  :P )

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

I wouldn't want to see videos about higher-end items being replaced

by vids about lower-end stuff, but I do quite like seeing videos

about low-to midrange components primarily for this reason:

I like seeing things like this reviewed. I wont buy one, HOWEVER, It doesn't mean I don't want to know about it.

I like watching videos like this, so that when someone says "hey, what should I get?" 

I know what to say, I can tell them "Get the 230t" or don't.

I watch these videos to help myself know the market, rather than all for purchasing decisions.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

While I do like reviews of high-end items, I would like to see some more entry-level items, just for the sake of getting a good review out of them.  

I believe it is a good thing to know about all of the different items, and it's not like everyone buys high-end items.  So, giving a good review on entry-level items will help out the choices of people in that market.

Firstly, the job you're doing right now is awesome. I think you should do reviews about the stuff you care about - no matter how much it costs, because, well, the price is just a number

In addition you could do a what-do-you-want-us-to-review section in the forum. What I'd also like to see is a more detailed look at which radiators fit in the cases. 

I prefer reviews of high-end stuff. Videos of mid to low end stuff might get you more views though. It's just I personally don't find the low end products very interesting and wouldn't look into buying any. The high-end or bleeding edge is often where you see the new and exciting features that will eventually trickle down to the lower price points, so the high-end stuff is more interesting to me. That case was pretty straightforward and didn't really need an in depth review like you do so well. I would've preferred your time and video to be spent on something more interesting and something that might provide a suprise in the conclusion.

I like reviews as this one, it's nice to see what stuff you can get if you are building a mid-end gaming rig and don't want a high-end spaceship of a case and just something that fits with your build and in your budget. Also it does't have to be gaming stuff only, cases that are focused on working quiet are also intresting. Maybe not for the enthousiasts like most of us but maybe it is useful if you need to build a silent pc for your friend or for someone of your family to know which ones are good and which ones are rubbish. It maybe isn't as intresting but it can be useful.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Terve!

Well, for me it is a stupid question: of course it was interesting, to watch the video.

I can understand that it is not everyones favourite, but I am always greatful to know what good stuff is out there.

This includes bad stuff - I also do not think that you should only review "good" things.

Keep up the great work!

Sayonara!

I like reviews of cheaper stuff too. Sure, most people in tech forums are into hardware and getting expensive stuff but it's easy to find yourself unable to recommend a value-oriented alternative to someone in a budget.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Cheap but good i wants

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

I like seeing some of the cheaper stuff just so that I have a wider knowledge of whats on the market when I am helping other people out. I myself prefer the higher end video from an entertainment perspective but I would like to see you continue with both.

I think it's a great idea to review lower end products. I would assume most people don't have the money to buy top of the line prodcuts all the time. Instead they look at flagship models as a sort of "halo" item that boosts all of the company's products into a better light. A good anology would be car manufacturer, they work in the same way. I think the one thing to mention is to compare lower end products to other lower end products. The point isn't to look at a lower end piece and say, ya this is low end the expensive stuff is the good stuff. Of course it's good. However, how good is the lower end product compared to other lower end products? They've both obviously made compromises, so what's better for the price? I think in the lower end hardware spectrum is where you should actually mention a price bracket that the item competes in. After that, you can compare price brackets versus the features. You don't have to say the msrp outright, but a price bracket can take in price fluctuations. My opinion on this only affects the lower end as I've said.