Protective film on IPS monitor. Remove?

Lachrymal

I see the film borders on my borderless monitor just around the sides and the top. The film border is hidden behind a thicker panel at the bottom, and I would have to disassemble the monitor to reach the entire piece of film, I'm guessing.

By the looks of it, since I would have to take apart the monitor just to fully remove the film, It isn't intended to come off. Am I correct? This isn't just protected for shipping? Just asking because though it looks great, the edges of the film are collecting dust and I'm just slightly peeved about it.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

should look better without the film. 

Error: 410

I see the film borders on my borderless monitor just around the sides and the top. The film border is hidden behind a thicker panel at the bottom, and I would have to disassemble the monitor to reach the entire piece of film, I'm guessing.

By the looks of it, since I would have to take apart the monitor just to fully remove the film, It isn't intended to come off. Am I correct? This isn't just protected for shipping? Just asking because though it looks great, the edges of the film are collecting dust and I'm just slightly peeved about i.

If the protective film in question is difficult in any way to remove it is like there by manufacturer specifications. It might be a matt coating to eliminate glare. Watch this Linus video and see what I mean starting 3:15.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

That is what I am wondering though. I appreciate just fine as-is, but I will take it off if it's intended to come off. I mean I shouldn't have to take it apart if they wanted it off, right? Not sure what would happen if I tried to do it without taking it apart.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

If the protective film in question is difficult in any way to remove it is like there by manufacturer specifications. It might be a matt coating to eliminate glare. Watch this Linus video and see what I mean starting 3:15.

-snip-

But mine is intended to be gloss and doesn't in anyway look matte like that. I suppose, from what Linus is saying, it's still for protection and will keep it on. Thanks.

But mine is intended to be gloss and doesn't in anyway look matte like that. I suppose, from what Linus is saying, it's still for protection and will keep it on. Thanks.

Well if its very easy to peel it, it's probably meant to be peeled off. Most protective covers are just for shipping. However some are integrated and are very difficult to peel off as it is meant to coincide with it. Your rig kicks ass by the way. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️