Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xTrekStorex

German Talk

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Scheinbar habe ich "auch" ihn wieder "vergrault" weil auch er seit dem letzten Post nicht mehr online war 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wie man sich über ein Wort so aufspielen kann ohne die eigentliche Message zu sehen ist mir echt ein Rätsel...

Aber heutzutage überrascht mich leider gar nichts mehr.

Du böses Kindchen 🤣

18 minutes ago, NeuesTestament said:

Du böses Kindchen 🤣

😄

Ja, nach einem anderen Ereignis in diesem Forum bin ich da etwas vorsichtiger bevor ich mir zu unrecht wieder was aufsacken lasse.

1300´s: I am dying by the black death

1800´s: I am 9 and work in a Factory

1900´s: I am going to War

2000´s: I am offended 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

13 minutes ago, Praesi said:

2000´s: I am offended

YESSS. Heutzutage ist jeder wegen Nichtigkeiten sofort beleidigt.

Schelchtes deutsch:

wie bitte haben Sie für Kinder Fenster? 

Ich lerne deutsch, kein bairisch und so ich verstehe nicht Da Hoam is Da Hoam. 

Ich spiele ein Bissen „Spec Ops: The Line“ auf deutsch aber ich auch merchte Fenster lesen. 

Auf English 

Spoiler

Any recommended German TV shows for kids? 

I’m still learning german. I can’t find anywhere to learn Bavarian so da hoam is da hoam doesn’t make much sense to me. 

Im playing spec ops the line in German but I’d like a Tv show to watch too. 

If you can correct my German phrasing attempt too, that’d be rad. 

I have my German citizenship through acquisition, and plan to move there after corona blows over just enough for me to work & live there. 

I can even eat the weisswurst with a fork & knife very easily

...I’m not going to suck it out with my fingers. 

I even stopped eating ketchup on everything but hamburgers & French fries. Mustard or nothing. 

Don’t take any of my posts seriously. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

14 minutes ago, fpo said:

Mustard or nothing.

Mustard with French Fries? LAWL, no. Try mayonnaise, that's really common in Germany. And together with mayonnaise and ketchup at the same time it's occasionally called Pommes Schranke or Pommes rot-weiß. :D

Unfortunately I can't really recommend you any childrens shows because I barely watched them when I was a child, I rather watched teleshopping or stuff like Bones. What I really loved as a child was "Der Bär im großen blauen Haus", if you can find it.

Also, the word for sucking the Weißwurst out of its casing is called "zuzeln", which means grabbing the sausage with your fingers and pulling the contents out with your teeth and tongue. Which is also why I (in Northern Germany it isn't a problem as nobody eats these things here anyway) will probably never try one as even its traditional method of consumption sounds totally disgusting to me.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Mustard with French Fries?

No haha; I said stopped eating ketchup with everything but hamburgers or french fries haha.

LAWL, no. Try mayonnaise, that's really common in Germany. And together with mayonnaise and ketchup at the same time it's occasionally called Pommes Schranke or Pommes rot-weiß. :D

I don't think I've ever had mayonnaise. Isn't it made of uncooked eggs?

Unfortunately I can't really recommend you any childrens shows because I barely watched them when I was a child, I rather watched teleshopping or stuff like Bones. What I really loved as a child was "Der Bär im großen blauen Haus", if you can find it.

/watch?v=tmkuaKZQuvY

It doesn't feel any less complex than Spec Ops. Maybe I should ask for German games? They'd likely have German audio. Aside from Gothic-the game is too alt. Elex, Spec Ops, & Star Citizen are the only ones I know of.

Also, the word for sucking the Weißwurst out of its casing is called "zuzeln", which means grabbing the sausage with your fingers and pulling the contents out with your teeth and tongue. Which is also why I (in Northern Germany it isn't a problem as nobody eats these things here anyway) will probably never try one as even its traditional method of consumption sounds totally disgusting to me.

I haven't seen any of my relatives eat it that way haha. They all use forks & knives. More of a joke on my part.

Thank you!!

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

I don't think I've ever had mayonnaise. Isn't it made of uncooked eggs?

IIRC it is an oil-water-emulsion by which you stirr oil into eggyolk, and vinegar also goes in it. Either vinegar or lemon juice. It is being made by mixing together, in its basic form, eggyolk with vinegar and then slowly whisk oil into it until it forms a creamy mass. It is safe to consume, otherwise it wouldn't sell like hot cakes. A basic Remoulade is basically a Mayonnaise with mustard, but usually it contains herbs as well.

Also, we eat "Mett" or "Zwiebelmett" which is double-ground meat, mostly pork. Raw. That is also safe to consume, I've been eating mayonnaise and Mett for years without anything ever happening.

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

Maybe I should ask for German games?

Skyrim is usually fun, try that. In my opinion they also don't speak that fast, so it should be easy to understand. Music is also usually a good idea because you sing way slower than you speak (but don't ask me for German music, I don't listen to it at all... Maybe someone else here can help you with that.). While I have basically no trouble understanding words in French in songs, I have serious problems understanding properly spoken French because it's too fast for me (yet, anyway).

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Skyrim is usually fun, try that. In my opinion they also don't speak that fast, so it should be easy to understand.

Yeah, I played Skyrim. That one is made in America afaik, but I can try replaying it in German. I didn't do like half of the stuff in the game.

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

Music is also usually a good idea because you sing way slower than you speak (but don't ask me for German music, I don't listen to it at all... Maybe someone else here can help you with that.). While I have basically no trouble understanding words in French in songs, I have serious problems understanding properly spoken French because it's too fast for me (yet, anyway).

I listen to Rammstein & can hear everything he says. However, it doesn't provide much context being only audio, so if there are words I don't know, it'd difficult to figure out what's being discussed.

Are there any modern German video games or tv/movies worth watching? I know most media is imported from America. (music, movies & games)

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

9 minutes ago, fpo said:

I listen to Rammstein & can hear everything he says. However, it doesn't provide much context being only audio, so if there are words I don't know, it'd difficult to figure out what's being discussed.

Are there any modern German video games or tv/movies worth watching? I know most media is imported from America. (music, movies & games)

Try to sing along to get used to the language and keep the lyrics on your screen so you can translate the for you. That's what I do with French songs, usually works well.

TV shows native to the country, especially ones that are made to have a comedic subtext, are even harder to understand than the translated versions like Skyrim. You'll even more likely hear plays on words and jokes that make no sense to you. That's why I would actually prefer translated shows in the beginning to get used to how a joke might be translated or get a feeling of the most sensical translation before jumping right into native use of vocabulary.

For native English media, my first go was The Golden Girls and at the beginning it was a little harder because they (especially Sophia, the oldest one that poses as the "comedic outlet") use slang and tongue-in-cheek vocabulary and I wouldn't recommend such a thing at the beginning, you'll need an already intermediate level on the foreign language to really understand it.

Also a good idea is watching a movie or show you like with subtitles in the original language when listening to it in German or listening to the original language (I don't know your mother tongue, so it can either be really easy to find good material, or it can be very hard) with the German subtitles.

1 hour ago, NeuesTestament said:

Es scheint, als habe ich den Sommer halbwegs überlebt. Mal nicht mehr 30 Grad in der Wohnung 🤣

Oh ja, war die reinste Pest in meinem Zimmer. Wird schnell heiß aber gefühlt nie kühl. Mittlerweile herrscht hier auch mal wieder eine normale Temperatur :D

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh ja, war die reinste Pest in meinem Zimmer. Wird schnell heiß aber gefühlt nie kühl. Mittlerweile herrscht hier auch mal wieder eine normale Temperatur :D

Ich habe ja das Gefühl, dass mein Zimmer sich den Regeln der Thermik widersetzt hat. Aufheizen ging immer schnell, aber runterkühlen trotz zwei offenen Fenster + Balkontür dauert Tage. Und meine Wohnung ist nicht groß.

Vielleicht liegt es aber auch am 250Watt Heizlüfter in Form meines PCs.

On 8/17/2020 at 7:38 PM, fpo said:

can even eat the weisswurst with a fork & knife very easily

iss lieber Currywurst 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

3 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

iss lieber Currywurst 

Oooh, ein Mann ganz nach meinem Geschmack ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ich hab nichts essen Currywurst. Nur Bairisch und Oesterreichisch essen.

Spoiler

I have never tried Currywurst. Only Bavarian & Austrian food.

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Ich hab nichts essen Currywurst. Nur Bairisch und Oesterreichisch essen.

"Ich habe noch nie Currywurst gegessen. Nur bairisches und österreichisches Essen." :P There you go.

1 hour ago, NeuesTestament said:

250Watt Heizlüfter

500 W :P 

Spoiler

Kein Plan ob das auch im Sommer geht da bereits im Herbst die VRM an der Grenze waren.

17 minutes ago, James Evens said:

500 W :P 

Reveal hidden contents

Kein Plan ob das auch im Sommer geht da bereits im Herbst die VRM an der Grenze waren.

Was hast denn in deinem PC, dass du auf 500W kommst.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:16 PM, Benji said:

Mett

Mettigel

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi

Just now, Drama Lama said:

Mettigel

Die gibt es, ja, aber wer möchte sich schon die Mühe machen, manuell kleine Zwiebelstückchen symmetrisch in den Mettklops zu stecken? Wir schneiden uns hier entweder separat die Zwiebeln zurecht, oder wenn es das bei meinen Großeltern gibt schneiden die Zwiebeln klein, rühren ein Ei rein und rühren alles zusammen. Ist viel praktischer.

@Benji Geht.

Musst nur entsprechend CPU (wie gesagt übetacktet) und GPU zeitgleich auslasten. Das restliche im System ist ehr klein Kram wie die SSD, Lüfter, FibreChannel, etc.

Einen i3-4130 NAS bekommt man auch auf 40 % CPU Last mit einem einzigen client.