my desicion situation

shadowr1ku

Hello forum!

Okay so here is my situation:

I currently have an Acer P237HL that I got from black Friday last year. Ever since I upgraded my graphics card from a gtx 660 to a gtx 780, it's time to upgrade the monitor. I surfed the forum for suggestions and all I see is IPS panels and their color reproduction. So to finally get to the point, my question is: is it still worth getting an IPS panel when I am red-green color blind? I haven't seen anything on the sub forum about it. I play league of legends and lots of FPS games. Let me know if that makes sense. Thank you!

This is a pretty interesting question, I have no clue what the answer is, but I'm definitely curious to see :D

Though I would assume you could still benefit from an IPS display, since overall it should still look better, even though you can't distinguish red and green (am I correct in saying that, I don't know? :S).

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I'd say no, go with higher refresh TN panel instead. 

Error: 410

it would be a matter of $20 to make the colors you can see look better, yes it is still worth it. may i reccomend the acer h23hbl?

I'd say no, go with higher refresh TN panel instead.

I was thinking about that too to be honest.

This is a pretty interesting question, I have no clue what the answer is, but I'm definitely curious to see :D

Though I would assume you could still benefit from an IPS display, since overall it should still look better, even though you can't distinguish red and green (am I correct in saying that, I don't know? :S).

Well I can see red/green if it's obvious and neon, but in vast majority of games that doesn't happen, so it just looks brown to me

it would be a matter of $20 to make the colors you can see look better, yes it is still worth it. may i reccomend the acer h23hbl?

I was actually looking into that too, because eventually I want to do a multi monitor set up and it has an attractive price point. But I want to make sure it's a good choice or just go with a higher refresh rate (and obviously low response time and input lag)

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping to see more opinions about this :P

I'll say get and IPS even if you are colour blind because of the viewing angles and most of the time, IPS monitors will be higher quality than TN