Watch Dogs Graphics On PS4, Xbox One Are Equal To PC's High Settings

JAKEBAB

I have played the pc version of the game. My I5 3570K and 7970 struggle to put out over 30fps on medium settings. The Cpu isn't fully utilized (60% on each core max) but the gpu is fully loaded. There's no way this game is so hard to push. This worries me too, I was testing at 1080p but what happens when I go to 1440p?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

You can easily see a difference in both detail and contrast/sharpness. What you cannot see on those pics are what the difference is in draw distance or what it looks like in open spaces.

This game looks really good for an open world sandbox game.

Sounds like you are mad that your 770 is out of vram. That's why I recommend people to get a 280x instead. Be mad at NVidia for skimping on vram; not developers for moving forward on pc "master race"

More like I a already cancelled my preorder. The graphics looks horrible even on ultra. Ubisoft has lied so many times during the development of this game it is laughable. They recently said all their employees ran ultra on a 670. That's funny. I didn't know they all bought 4 gig VRAM 670's in 2012. Those were all the rage. They must have looked into the future to know one game in the world would need 3 gigs of VRAM while looking like garbage on a single monitor, all before next gen specs were even known. Crysis 3 doesn't need 3GB VRAM with high res texture packs, but Watch Dog's that looks worse than a freakin Mass Effect game (before high res texture packs)? Yup. Totally needs it. How? I would like to know, especially when the E3 reveal was running much higher textures in SLI on 680's and I would love to know if they were 2GB or a GTX 690 (would be my guess) since that would leave them with 2 GB of VRAM.

My personal favorite is this quote.

http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/05/watch-dogs-runs-ultra-high-settings-midrange-pc/

"He pointed to the fact that over 90% of their team of developers test the title on their systems which are powered by Nvidia Geforce 670 cards which has 4GB or sometimes 6GB of RAM".

Cool story Ubisoft. Especially when there is no such thing as a 6gb VRAM GTX 670. With all the other BS that has come out of Ubisoft's mouth though? Why not more BS. Anyways enjoy your Ubisoft crap port that needs 3 GB of Vram for horrible textures. and can't run Ultra on a GTX 690...you should get around 15 FPS with that Q Quad. 

Why? Cus why not. It's Ubisoft. If you question their optimization? They will just tell you buy another GPU. 4770k getting crappy lows? Buy a better CPU, even though on a hexa two cores are inactive so you can't buy a better CPU. But hey. The I5 and I7 are getting the same FPS so that HT is really doing wonders. 

"It's always a question of compromise about the effect, how it looks, and the performance it takes from the system. On PC, usually you don't really care about the performance, because the idea is that if it's not [running] fast enough, you buy a bigger GPU. Once you get on console, you can't have this approach."

-Sylvian Trottier-Ubisoft. Proud owner of a 6GB GTX 670.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

So graphics gonna be shit on all platforms?

Damn you ubisoft stop be'ing us. Serves them right the game got leaked freaking 5 collectors editions at launch my bum.

NO! I already replied to you: This cards exist. The Ultra settings should be for GPUs that are truly worthy of the fucking word "ultra" not just a 760 or other mid range cards, thats what the "mid" and "high" settings are for. There is no excuse for continuing to use this crap textures on a PC game other than not giving a single fuck about PC gamers and spending 1 or 2 more weeks replacing the textures for the uncompressed ones they already have as assets for development.

Only 3% of steam users have more than 2GB vram and you want to tell me it's about consoles??

There aren't enough GPUs with more than 2GB vram especially on Nvidias side.

And it's not only mid range GPUs cards like the GTX770/GTX680 have 2GB.

And I wouldn't consider that a mid range card especially with the messed up pricing because of the lack of AMD GPUs in 2013. 

I have played the pc version of the game. My I5 3570K and 7970 struggle to put out over 30fps on medium settings. The Cpu isn't fully utilized (60% on each core max) but the gpu is fully loaded. There's no way this game is so hard to push. This worries me too, I was testing at 1080p but what happens when I go to 1440p?

The game has no drivers nor patches, yet...

I even saw people complaining about SLI performance lol 

The game doesn't even have an SLI profile because it's not released.

RTX2070OC 

Only 3% of steam users have more than 2GB vram and you want to tell me it's about consoles??

There aren't enough GPUs with more than 2GB vram especially on Nvidias side.

And it's not only mid range GPUs cards like the GTX770/GTX680 have 2GB.

And I wouldn't consider that a mid range card especially with the messed up pricing because of the lack of AMD GPUs in 2013.

The game has no drivers nor patches, yet...

I even saw people complaining about SLI performance lol

The game doesn't even have an SLI profile because it's not released.

Let's just hope it's diver based.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

here is PC version i play an it's beautifull :)

TXAA + HBAO+ do their jobs well. PS4 and xbox 1 does not have these technologies :D PC version is waaaaaaaaaaay better nd it's on 1080p and 60 FPS for me. go console fans and play this game on 900p 30 FPS in 2014 LOL 

4ce99fcc1ec3.jpg

1ad46ed62db7.jpg

0aed6c9d8402.jpg

b93361ad47b6.jpg

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Watch_Dogs looks next-gen.

Only because next-gen looks like shit.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I sense major disappointment with this game. Cancel your pre-orders NAO. lol

4993122+_7d8653ab458d0e5b875da1a5cbfdcf3

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

Watch_Dogs looks next-gen.

Only because next-gen looks like shit.

Hehe it does look a bit...underwhelming...

Really think this is a case of a games development being spread way to thin over multiple gens of consoles and PC. WiiU, PS3, 360,X1,PS4 and PC, that's a lot of balls in the air with different hardware limitations. What we are looking at is more the best kind of game the PS3/360 can manage, in gameplay and design, we are basically just getting an upressed/added effects version for PC and Next Gen. Those screens above just look incredibly flat.

Sleeping dogs...

1920x1000px-LL-723e85a4_Screenshot20858.

5000x10000px-LL-d368738f_4E276D99A9F36CB

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I sense major disappointment with this game. Cancel your pre-orders NAO. lol

4993122+_7d8653ab458d0e5b875da1a5cbfdcf3

DONT. I REPEAT, DONT CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDERS YOU IDIOTS. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY PATCHES  YET. YOU'RE GOING TO CANCEL YOUR PREORDERS BASED ON A NON-PATCHED PIRATED COPY? HOLY SHIT STOP. JUST STOP. LOOK AT THIS REDDIT THREAD. LOOK AT THESE SCREENSHOTS ON SOME MODIFICATIONS PEOPLE DID TO THE CONFIG FILES. ITS AN AMAZING GAME. STOP STOP STOP! (Sorry for annoying all caps but some of you just gotta think, give Ubisoft your money please, they deserve it for this game.)

http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/26c3ew/deferredfxqualityconsole/

iR1noIIvykfNC.jpg

ib1qxpznC47gxj.jpg

iQRqFMK9cQCPh.jpg

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

DONT. I REPEAT, DONT CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDERS YOU IDIOTS. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY PATCHES  YET. YOU'RE GOING TO CANCEL YOUR PREORDERS BASED ON A NON-PATCHED PIRATED COPY? HOLY SHIT STOP. JUST STOP. LOOK AT THIS REDDIT THREAD. LOOK AT THESE SCREENSHOTS ON SOME MODIFICATIONS PEOPLE DID TO THE CONFIG FILES. ITS AN AMAZING GAME. STOP STOP STOP! (Sorry for annoying all caps but some of you just gotta think, give Ubisoft your money please, they deserve it for this game.)

http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/26c3ew/deferredfxqualityconsole/

iR1noIIvykfNC.jpg

ib1qxpznC47gxj.jpg

iQRqFMK9cQCPh.jpg

Oh look. More Ubisoft BS. That setting does jack. 

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-hidden-deferredfxquality-option-improves-significantly-visuals/

Those are at least 4k Screenshots that are shrunk down, being sold as 1080p and were posted on Neogaf (where tons of company slappies hang around). This game won't look close to this on a 780ti at 1080p or 1440p. Dark Souls 2? Yup you can downsample that game on a decent card from high resolutions. Gedosato tool makes it easy.  You can downsample the Mass Effect 3 series from 8 k and it looks stunning as well. That is actually playable and not a still shot with no FPS shown.

massw1kps.png

So since we are playing the downsampling game. ME 3 > Watch Dogs and it is actually playable. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Ubisoft has never cared about PC optimization nor are they known for having that impressive of graphics.

Ubisoft has never cared about PC optimization nor are they known for having that impressive of graphics.

Far Cry 3 must never have happened then.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Far Cry 3 must never have happened then.

NOAP UBISOFT DOESNT CARE ABOUT PC USERS :'(((( (Sarcasm) ... They are at least making efforts. There are companies worse than them out there...

FC3 runs great for me. I didn't buy it at launch but they made patches to it. I max it out at 1080p except i'm at 4XMSAA instead of 8x.. the damn 192bit of the GTX660...I really really enjoyed that game.

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

NOAP UBISOFT DOESNT CARE ABOUT PC USERS :'(((( (Sarcasm) ... They are at least making efforts.

FC3 runs great for me. I didn't buy it at launch but they made patches to it. I max it out at 1080p except i'm at 4XMSAA instead of 8x.. the damn 192bit of the GTX660...I really really enjoyed that game.

Yeah awesome game  man :)

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

I'm a pc gamer through and through. Got an 3770k CPU, 8GB RAM and an R9 290 GPU. A powerful system. I too want beautiful graphics and high framerates.

But honestly in the last few days I'm feeling a bit embarrassed by the behaviour and negativity of people here. All the peasants must be watching and thinking what a bunch of unappreciative, whiny bitches. There was another thread that kept going on and on crucifying wolfenstein the new order- and the guy who was criticising it hasn't even played the game his opinion is based on a video. Also in the case of watch dogs people are overblowing the importance of graphics. It's important but it is being over represented. And everyone is too quick to assume that devs are treating us pc gamers like 2nd class citizens, it happens sometimes but not always the case... The game's not even released yet and already people are being unfair towards ubisoft, who despite their flaws deserve credit for attempting a game on this scale. Let's play the damn game before we pass judgement.

And please try to behave like the master race. There is no need to bash other platforms. The Xbox one and PS4 are perfectly viable gaming systems and perform well at their price point, they are perfectly fun to play games on. Show some respect, don't pretend that they are holding the industry back when you know perfectly well that most PCs which are also used for gaming are actually slower than them. It's a minority of us who have more powerful systems. Don't put them down, we all love games at the end of the day.

Let's just hope it's diver based.

Can drivers fix CPU usage?

While playing Watch Dogs I get 30% CPU usage and very often the FPS drops to 1-5,then goes back up to 60...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'm a pc gamer through and through. Got an 3770k CPU, 8GB RAM and an R9 290 GPU. A powerful system. I too want beautiful graphics and high framerates.

But honestly in the last few days I'm feeling a bit embarrassed by the behaviour and negativity of people here. All the peasants must be watching and thinking what a bunch of unappreciative, whiny bitches. There was another thread that kept going on and on crucifying wolfenstein the new order- and the guy who was criticising it hasn't even played the game his opinion is based on a video. Also in the case of watch dogs people are overblowing the importance of graphics. It's important but it is being over represented. And everyone is too quick to assume that devs are treating us pc gamers like 2nd class citizens, it happens sometimes but not always the case... The game's not even released yet and already people are being unfair towards ubisoft, who despite their flaws deserve credit for attempting a game on this scale. Let's play the damn game before we pass judgement.

And please try to behave like the master race. There is no need to bash other platforms. The Xbox one and PS4 are perfectly viable gaming systems and perform well at their price point, they are perfectly fun to play games on. Show some respect, don't pretend that they are holding the industry back when you know perfectly well that most PCs which are also used for gaming are actually slower than them. It's a minority of us who have more powerful systems. Don't put them down, we all love games at the end of the day.

Totally AGREE with this. Thank you! I left OCN for that reason, people there will so negative and just horrible. I DONT want that to happen here, LTT is an amazing community and LMG is so informative and educational to tech . Okay yes its one thing to BASH the game to hell once its out and once the dev's are basically done with patching it and giving a shit about it, but its totally not cool to bash it while its UNOPTIMIZED BECAUSE ITS NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED YET.

Oh look. More Ubisoft BS. That setting does jack. 

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-hidden-deferredfxquality-option-improves-significantly-visuals/

Those are at least 4k Screenshots that are shrunk down, being sold as 1080p and were posted on Neogaf (where tons of company slappies hang around). This game won't look close to this on a 780ti at 1080p or 1440p. Dark Souls 2? Yup you can downsample that game on a decent card from high resolutions. Gedosato tool makes it easy.  You can downsample the Mass Effect 3 series from 8 k and it looks stunning as well. That is actually playable and not a still shot with no FPS shown.

So since we are playing the downsampling game. ME 3 > Watch Dogs and it is actually playable. 

Also.. to deathjester, yes I very well knew it was 4k, but since everyone was bitching about the graphics.. I solved the problem. You play Watch Dogs in 4k, you get E3 2012, which is probably what they were doing at the event.... IMO, Watch Dogs in 4k is probably the most realistic looking game to date... Probably not matching that Crysis 3 in 8k thread I saw awhile back but. But a 780ti you were talking about on 4k with WD really looks nice.

Why's everyone complaining about the visuals? All of the footage out there isn't using the missing video settings located in the .cfg file.

Here's a few of my shots: http://imgur.com/a/1IkYF

The leaked build isn't representative of the final game as far as i'm concerned, first of all it's 13GB when the PC version is supposed to be 25 and it runs like crap no matter what system, a lot of the video settings are bugged as well.

Totally AGREE with this. Thank you! I left OCN for that reason, people there will so negative and just horrible. I DONT want that to happen here, LTT is an amazing community and LMG is so informative and educational to tech . Okay yes its one thing to BASH the game to hell once its out and once the dev's are basically done with patching it and giving a shit about it, but its totally not cool to bash it while its UNOPTIMIZED BECAUSE ITS NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED YET.

Also.. to the guy that went crazy over my 4k screenshots. yes I very well knew it was 4k, but since everyone was bitching about the graphics.. I solved the problem. You play Watch Dogs in 4k, you get E3 2012, which is probably what they were doing at the event.... they probably had 3 Titans in that computer and went apeshit on the 4k.

It was June 2012, why are you talking about Titans? They stated at the time that it was using two 680s in SLI.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Why's everyone complaining about the visuals? All of the footage out there isn't using the missing video settings located in the .cfg file.

Here's a few of my shots: http://imgur.com/a/1IkYF

The leaked build isn't representative of the final game as far as i'm concerned, first of all it's 13GB when the PC version is supposed to be 25 and it runs like crap no matter what system, a lot of the video settings are bugged as well.

It was June 2012, why are you talking about Titans? They stated at the time that it was using two 680s in SLI.

My bad sorry, I didnt know the Titian came out in 2013, i thought it came out with the 600 series. Just looked it up. sorry.

My bad sorry, I didnt know the Titian came out in 2013, i thought it came out with the 600 series. Just looked it up. sorry.

Pretty bad mistake.

Either way here's a few examples of my album here: http://imgur.com/a/1IkYF

82tPapL.png

fcuO0Gw.png

rPf0keY.png

r5IEMaw.png

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

TysIr64.jpg

WatchDoge