Watch Dogs Graphics On PS4, Xbox One Are Equal To PC's High Settings

JAKEBAB
"So how well does Watch Dogs measure up against the PC when it comes to graphics? Supposedly, quite high... and not in the cannabis sort of way. 

Creative director for Watch Dogs, Jonathan Morin, took to Twitter to answer some questions that have been pressing hard on the minds of eager gamers who desperately can't decide as to whether or not to get the game on consoles or computer -cough-PC-cough-. 

As noted in a short but sweet tweet by one of Ubisoft's most prized minds in the business, here's what The Morin Man had to say about the graphics quality of Watch Dogs on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One... "

post-1006-0-84742900-1400803641.png

"Of course, such a response begged gamers to then ask: Well, how good are the graphics on Ultra settings? Someone responded “Overkill”. 

The reality is that “Ultra” is supposed to represent the E3 2012 benchmark for Watch Dogs, and there will be plenty of tests (either by Digital Foundry or enthusiasts) to determine if the game on PC actually does live up to the hype. Ubisoft will definitely find a bit of sweat around the collar when May 27th arrives and those graphics tests start getting underway. "

"Speaking of graphics – because really, is there anything else worth talking about these days? – there has been a lot of disappointment circulating throughout the gaming sphere following WCCF Tech's review of Watch Dogs. In fact, we ran an unofficial graphics comparison between the PS3, PS4 and Xbox One version of Watch Dogs and a lot of people who didn't know what to look for couldn't quite tell the difference between the three versions. "

So i dont really know what to say as u can run alot of things on high if u turn down the resolution lol but it seems to me that the pc guys are going to be wanting to run it ultra anyway that sounds like the one that is going to look pretty incredible.

post-1006-0-84742900-1400803641.png

I really want to see if i will be able to play it on ultra

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

doesn't sound all too promising.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

we already know that Xbox one only runs at less than 1080p so i dont know what the tweet mean by High settings? i know its not resolution?

#ResolutionIsJustANumber

792P and PS4 is 900P

792P and PS4 is 900P

hmmm. .so if i can run it at high settings at 1080? this whole tweet is false?

hmmm. .so if i can run it at high settings at 1080? this whole tweet is false?

yes

High on PC will never = next gen console's. Maybe Next-next Gen. 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Wow look at this image quality from Watchdogs!

3fe96a2df59b2c73a6968b1c9195c4d5.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

But PC will have ULTRA setting LOL.

Even if consoles are the same as PC with things like textures, shadows, and physics there are two things that will make it look better on a PC definitely. 1. RESOULTION being 1920x1080 and above. 2. Higher Anti-aliasing Quality

Though, My guess is that there will be more physics on the PC and a couple other things better.

"We disappointed them with the resolution's numbers, better not disappoint them again, Its not lieing is it?" 

my absolutely terrible MS paint picture: 

4Gjj9E2.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

This kind of thing normally just sorts itself out, people who don't care get consoles, people who do care get PCs, and people who are ignorant just waste all their playing time arguing about graphics on the internet.

I don't really care what consoles look like. I don't own any of the next gen consoles, nor am I considering getting them anytime soon. Just make a proper PC port that looks good and actually is playable on day one and I am satisfied.

Have fun console peasants, I'll be running it at 1440p if I buy it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I don't really care what consoles look like. I don't own any of the next gen consoles, nor am I considering getting them anytime soon. Just make a proper PC port that looks good and actually is playable on day one and I am satisfied.

It's not a port PC is the main platform.

The PC version better look good or else people will be mad.

Also I don't think Youtube does the game justice.

This is a PS4 screenshot and it looks really good:

watch-dogs-direct-feed-gameplay-screen-p

RTX2070OC 

It's not a port PC is the main platform.

The PC version better look good or else people will be really mad.

Truth. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Either this statement is bullshit and the PC version will look a lot better (It is the "resolution is just a number" pricks after all) or the PC system requirements are bullshit and it won't really need 8 core processors and 16gb of ram (unless you plan on running it at 1440p and beyond) I actually think that the first is more likely but if it turns out that it does look about the same and the system requirements were just bullshit (like COD: Ghosts) then that'd be a lot more disappointing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Either this statement is bullshit and the PC version will look a lot better (It is the "resolution is just a number" pricks after all) or the PC system requirements are bullshit and it won't really need 8 core processors and 16gb of ram (unless you plan on running it at 1440p and beyond) I actually think that the first is more likely but if it turns out that it does look about the same and the system requirements were just bullshit (like COD: Ghosts) then that'd be a lot more disappointing.

High isn't the highest settings.

The game also has Ultra settings.

RTX2070OC 

High isn't the highest settings.

The game also has Ultra settings.

I don't think the "recommended system requirements" for the PC would reflect what we see on the consoles:

Recommended Requirements

Core i7-3770 4-Core 3.4GHz

FX-8350

GD CPU hardware score: 10

Login

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Radeon HD 7850

GD GPU hardware score: 9

Login

8 GB GD RAM hardware score: 9

Win 7 64

DX 11

20 GB

Those specs are at least 1 order of magnitude above the PS4. Meaning that yes even with the "overhead" on the PC it should still be able to handle something that looks a hell of a lot fucking better than the PS4 version. So if you look at this numbers it just doesn't add up: Either the game is gimped on the PC and it will look like the consoles and this requirements are bullshit, or this statement was just outright fucking lies to appease console owners.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yea but resolution....... That makes a huge difference. Even if consoles had the equivalent of ultra setting.

Exactly what I was thinking.

"High" is extremely vague.

so... are drivers for the game ready yet?