system restores

crazydog2580

Pretty sure I just got a virus. Will a system restore from a few days ago get me out of trouble?

Tried to install an emulator and got a whole bunch of other stuff and my browsers taken over dc from internet soon as it happen

System restore could help, but make sure to do a full virus and malware sweep as well. Malwarebyte's is good software for that.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Pretty sure I just got a virus. Will a system restore from a few days ago get me out of trouble?

It some cases yes but if it doesn't you may have to format and start again. I know this is a pain in the butt but sometimes it's needed. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

System restore could help, but make sure to do a full virus and malware sweep as well. Malwarebyte's is good software for that.

It some cases yes but if it doesn't you may have to format and start again. I know this is a pain in the butt but sometimes it's needed. :D

cant format i don't have a copy of windows 

running virus scans now seems to be ok after the restore

cant format i don't have a copy of windows 

running virus scans now seems to be ok after the restore

You can always make a restoration disc or USB drive, the ISO files are widely available. You do need your product key to activate it afterwards but you should be able to find that in My Computer properties. Might be a good idea to make one for future use, just in case. (chances are you can't make one if you really, really need it)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You can always make a restoration disc or USB drive, the ISO files are widely available. You do need your product key to activate it afterwards but you should be able to find that in My Computer properties. Might be a good idea to make one for future use, just in case. (chances are you can't make one if you really, really need it)

much noob question- this is an acer laptop I bought from JBHIFI with windows preloaded will that product key work again?

much noob question- this is an acer laptop I bought from JBHIFI with windows preloaded will that product key work again?

Yah it should, but only on that laptop.

Yah it should, but only on that laptop.

ok thanks for your help ill keep that in mind