Would you buy from APPLE....

midrim

my misses has this iMac and basically uses it for Facebook/instagram I think it actually has a 3t hard drive as well

not overkill in the slightest ;) 

Yes. I own an iPhone 5S and would gladly buy a MacBook Pro if I had the money. Their build quality is awesome. I wouldn't buy a desktop from them though.

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

Personally I would like to buy a Macbook Pro. Me as a programmer an "IT-guy" I feel ashamed that I have never really touched a PC with OSX. I really should be as used to OSX as I am with Windows. 

I'll probably end up building a hackintosh instead someday

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't like Apple because of the way they conduct themselves, not so much for the products.

Apple makes some of the best MP3 players. So I bought one because there weren't any other choices.

Now there are comparable products on the market and if I had a choice I would not go Apple.

I hate how they make everyone use iTunes.

A lot of MP3 players had proprietary players, sony's sonicstage for one.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I don't like Apple because of the way they conduct themselves, not so much for the products.

Apple makes some of the best MP3 players. So I bought one because there weren't any other choices.

Now there are comparable products on the market and if I had a choice I would not go Apple.

I hate how they make everyone use iTunes.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

And there are lots that don't.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

And there are lots that don't.

True but im saying that's not necessarily an Apple thing

Yes, my current, and several past systems were from them.

Although with X99 out, a nice 8 core, DDR4 hackintosh might be nice. Unless they refresh the Mac Pro line with these chips, RAM, and slap in those new FirePro W9100 variants. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I would, IF they had a Macbook Pro 15" with a dedicated GPU for $2000, and didn't do stupid overpriced things in australia. But until then, I'll stick with windows machines.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I would, IF they had a Macbook Pro 15" with a dedicated GPU for $2000, and didn't do stupid overpriced things in australia. But until then, I'll stick with windows machines.

IKR, I just did a comparison for macbook/laptop,  Apple was almost double.  Sometimes if you go into jbhif you can get touchscreen all in ones with the same specs as imacs for about $300 less.  And in Australia they all have the same warranty. 

I wonder what it's like to live in America and have a choice between compellingly priced products? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

IKR, I just did a comparison for macbook/laptop,  Apple was almost double.  Sometimes if you go into jbhif you can get touchscreen all in ones with the same specs as imacs for about $300 less.  And in Australia they all have the same warranty. 

I wonder what it's like to live in America and have a choice between compellingly priced products? 

Yeah. Honestly, if I wanted a good laptop I'd just go for overkill and pick up an Aorus X7 at this point.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Yeah. Honestly, if I wanted a good laptop I'd just go for overkill and pick up an Aorus X7 at this point.

these are new and supposed to be really good:

http://www.mln.com.au/product/?itemID=5626

And Australian made to boot.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

An iPhone 5S priced like a Nexus 5, expandable memory or not, would be a massive game changer for me IMO. I feel like I'd still like Android, but I'd consider iOS much more closely.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

only things i would buy from apple include the macbook pro (13/15) or an iphone which i already own one and use it daily anyway :P everything else by them seems to be rather overpriced and not worth it at all considering the hackintosh community is as good as it is atm.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

these are new and supposed to be really good:

http://www.mln.com.au/product/?itemID=5626

And Australian made to boot.

That is a very interesting machine.

Garrus - HP Stream 11

That is a very interesting machine.

My mate just bought that exact model for his misses, so I'll know first hand how good they are in a few months.  There was a pcworld review on the machine too.  I thought it was an exceptional price for the specs given the fact it is an Australian company.

Maybe I would. Sure, it's expensive, but build quality seems expensive. My dream Apple products are the iPhone 6, MacBook Air or Pro, iMac, and the iWatch, which is soon.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

only as a browsing, editing, and take out of the house machine...

i wouldnt want to game on it. and i definately wouldnt buy one if i could get a laptop for less with similar results.

i would never get a apple desktop.... eww...

iphone, probabbly, ipad.. maybe... ipod... i'd have a phone anyway.

they shouldnt really make desktops i feel..... cause ive found (in my expierence) that if i wanna use a computer, i wannasit down at a desk, that is all setup just how i like it, and ploping a laptop on my lap or sitting at a table in the mall doesnt work.

if i wanna game on the go, im bringing a lan party rig. or im just gonna grab my 3ds.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen