Would you buy from APPLE....

midrim

They have good stuff but it's expensive as hell, not sure really.

The problem is that people on Tech forums just compare them to some self built gaming rig... Which is completely NOT what a macbook/imac/mac pro is. They also forget that the mac comes with loads of great software that is free, iMovie and iPhoto are litteraly AMAZING programs. Even final cut is cheap. And no cost of OS upgrades. Keep the mac 10 years , thats what  a couple of versions of windows? Vista 7 and 8? so thats 300$ right there

we had this debate and it ended badly so lets just not get into this again

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

we had this debate and it ended badly so lets just not get into this again

It is kind of what this thread is about, debating the pros and cons

I buy from Apple because I believe in what I say. Nobody has to agree, as long as they are willing to understand the point I am making and can either counter it with  a justified objective argument, or agree to it.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

bitch I'm rich price dont matter here :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

It is kind of what this thread is about, debating the pros and cons

I buy from Apple because I believe in what I say. Nobody has to agree, as long as they are willing to understand the point I am making and can either counter it with a justified objective argument, or agree to it.

Well much of what your saying is not fully correct and/or worded in favor of apple. I could reply to all of what you said be I agree with the person you quoted.

I should note that i have no problem with people buying apple products if after sound reasoning its what's best for them.

Buy something that will limit me in regards to which tech I can use or software?

WHY?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

iPod nano is pretty good so yeah I would.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I think that alot of the tech world have 2 problems.

first off there like reverse snobs "im not going to buy apple there like posh and shit" which is a bit stupid or there "android is open source and thats good. Apple are all closed off and restricte you way too much" which on both accounts is wrong too.  open source is BAD for the consumer.  Dont get me wrong its great of your a dev, it means you can tweak and change and do what ever the hell you want to the software, bit for the consumer it means that its down too the devs to sort out bugs, issues with there end, plus issues with the base code have to be released to the devs and then worked into there version the released to the consumer, this means that poeple are waiting for weeks or even months to get there updates if they get them at all. this is really aimed at the ipad and iphone markets.

second apple seams to have this bad reputation (and i guess its justified for the most part) both for price and in general and i think people just need to let it go a bit.  there phones and tablets arent bad for the quality there computers......not so much as been demonstrated a bazillon times in various forms. thie thing i like about ios it just gets out of its way for the most part and works in the 4 years ive had an iphone my software issues have been small, in the 18 months i had android it was a headache from start to finish.

just my $0.02 guys

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

if they had multiple products with different looks not just a smaller or bigger version thats why i like win/droid everything is different i can have a htc one while someone else has a gs5 while still running relatively the same os or a crazy gamer bling with speed flames pc while someone can get the same performance with a calm subtle build different appearance with same core that can be customized thats what i want

its like quiznos vs subway do you want little sandwich customization or ultimate sandwich customization both are good and have a place

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

As long as the build quality remains the same, then I would be more than willing to buy apple devices, I have a number myself. But I would happily buy a MacBook Pro if it was cheap enough for me as I personally like OSX.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I think that alot of the tech world have 2 problems.

first off there like reverse snobs "im not going to buy apple there like posh and shit" which is a bit stupid or there "android is open source and thats good. Apple are all closed off and restricte you way too much" which on both accounts is wrong too.  open source is BAD for the consumer.  Dont get me wrong its great of your a dev, it means you can tweak and change and do what ever the hell you want to the software, bit for the consumer it means that its down too the devs to sort out bugs, issues with there end, plus issues with the base code have to be released to the devs and then worked into there version the released to the consumer, this means that poeple are waiting for weeks or even months to get there updates if they get them at all. this is really aimed at the ipad and iphone markets.

second apple seams to have this bad reputation (and i guess its justified for the most part) both for price and in general and i think people just need to let it go a bit.  there phones and tablets arent bad for the quality there computers......not so much as been demonstrated a bazillon times in various forms. thie thing i like about ios it just gets out of its way for the most part and works in the 4 years ive had an iphone my software issues have been small, in the 18 months i had android it was a headache from start to finish.

just my $0.02 guys

I've owned apple and been on that side, I stopped drinking the Kool Aid and have never looked back. It is constrained and limited for me, sure someone who wants to just browse and sent a tweet its fine, but this thread is here on a tech forum, not the Batista coffee tricks forum. This is where the Open Source software/hardware does matter as we already fork over for the best tech and want to not waste our precious cash on use for one thing software and see our tech bucks disappear when there is a totally free software out there that does the same thing, if not we can e-mail the author to tweak it so it does what we want for a few bucks. Who do you think writes all those apps you use on the iPad/iPhone? Some huge software company or some guy dev-ing on his computer in his room?

Apple has a bad rep because they deserve a bad rep. Every buy a piece of Apple hardware only to find out they decided to tank it and move on to something new, which requires you to buy all new software of what you have for that one task. Yea go Apple! They make profits and you have a bigger hole in your pocket. That app still works on Windows/Linux... those guys instead buy new hardware to go even faster, while the Apple camp uses last gen hardware on new software which requires even more processing power than what you have or is available but hey new hardware MIGHT be out next quarter, nope the next... we won't go into the factory conditions Apple tech is developed at nor the reason they have huge nets setup around the first floor of those buildings.

So keep sending your $0.02 to Apple, they are happy. Meanwhile the rest of us are keeping our $0.02 and saving up for the next gen hardware that is still twice as fast as anything Apple has, this quarter.

If they had window and android poduct, maybe. Lol

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

I would. For sure. I would still have Windows on my main desktop and stuff, but I would love to have a Macbook of some sort.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

I've owned apple and been on that side, I stopped drinking the Kool Aid and have never looked back. It is constrained and limited for me, sure someone who wants to just browse and sent a tweet its fine, but this thread is here on a tech forum, not the Batista coffee tricks forum. This is where the Open Source software/hardware does matter as we already fork over for the best tech and want to not waste our precious cash on use for one thing software and see our tech bucks disappear when there is a totally free software out there that does the same thing, if not we can e-mail the author to tweak it so it does what we want for a few bucks. Who do you think writes all those apps you use on the iPad/iPhone? Some huge software company or some guy dev-ing on his computer in his room?

Apple has a bad rep because they deserve a bad rep. Every buy a piece of Apple hardware only to find out they decided to tank it and move on to something new, which requires you to buy all new software of what you have for that one task. Yea go Apple! They make profits and you have a bigger hole in your pocket. That app still works on Windows/Linux... those guys instead buy new hardware to go even faster, while the Apple camp uses last gen hardware on new software which requires even more processing power than what you have or is available but hey new hardware MIGHT be out next quarter, nope the next... we won't go into the factory conditions Apple tech is developed at nor the reason they have huge nets setup around the first floor of those buildings.

So keep sending your $0.02 to Apple, they are happy. Meanwhile the rest of us are keeping our $0.02 and saving up for the next gen hardware that is still twice as fast as anything Apple has, this quarter.

Ok maybe i wasn't clear or maybe you just didn't read what i said properly....or maybe your a douche...meh

1) i don't drink any kool aid, i like what i like based on trial and use, not some fan boy religion. for me, personally and in my own experience, Apple > android.....by a mile. android is disjointed ugly messy and isnt simple to use, not that i cant handle complicated, i just dont want to, my life is complicated enough with adding to that. also  app store is miles better than play store. Its better laid out, it doesn't contain 1000s of shitty poorly coded low grade apps that are sometimes malware or just general copies of other apps.  apple may restrict what apps appear on there store but that leads to a better experience in the long term and most of the stuff ive seen banned or blocked has had good reason to. this is what closed off has over open source.

2) what free software are you taking about?

3)both big companies and the little guy......what exactly was your point?

4)please i have just brought, not 2 months ago, a z87 motherboard only to now find out that broadwell probably wont support the chipset this kind of thing is constantly happening and mac tends to support most of the software going back 3/4 years, with cheap or even free os upgrades thats not bad. 

5) and this is where you didn't fully read the post..... im pc all the way, for most of the reasons you stated, Apples osx is nice but its no better than windows in the grand scheme of things and it certainly doesn't justify the higher price tag  the hardware comes with.

6)i have been fairly civil upto this point so i apologise in advance but please dont fucking condescend to me you arrogant prick. just because "im hardcore because i use linux" which by the way is a steaming pile of monkey turd, i mean from a sever stand point yeah great, awesome, nice work, but as a day to day os, utter shite. there is so many distros, with different kernels that support is shocking. You have wait for your distro, or even the community that use the distro, to update things, it dosent play well with windows forcing you to use SMB as windows nfs just as bad, you seam to spend most of the time in the terminal as there is no real GUI way to do half the things you want to...im sorry but its such a headache that i would rather pay for windows for the easier and more productive life. this is the snobbery i was referring to, the idea that because you use a certain platform or os makes you some more informed or some how better then some one who uses a, in your opion, lesser platform, is stupid. 

rant over

*edit

7) factory conditions, please most aisan products are made in the same way its just fun to bash apple for doing what other manufactures do!

I would IF they knocked off the pretentious moniker of being a media creation device with anemic mobile GPUs on 2,000 dollar machines. This is mainly a slam against the MBP Pro and iMac. If you wanna brag about media, include a GPU that's actually worth the price tag and also add an amp'd headphone jack.

Nope

• Hate there hardware, mobile and desktop
  • I Prefer Linux and Windows over OS X
  • I hate iOS

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

i have/have had...

- iPod Nano

- iPod Shuffle-

- iPod Touch 4th Gen

- iPad Mini

- iPhone 4

but collectively as a family, (4 of us) we have owned...

- iPad 1st Generation

- iPhone 5c

- iPhone 4 (another)

- iPod touch 4th Generation (another)

- iPod Classic

- iPod Nano (another)

so yeah.. i would buy their stuff  

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

I think that OSX is really nice and I understand why people use it. I would not complain if I had an 27`` iMac if it had the GTX 700M graphics in it.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

not the first brand id go to if i need/want something.

MotherBoard: Asus Z87 Gryphon CPU: i5 4670k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 DCUII RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866 2x4GB

PSU: Corsair HX650v2 SemiModular Storage: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL Keybord: Ducky Shine Zero Cherry  Red Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45

I love Apple.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

... whining and crying as in avatar...

Typical fanboi response. You need to learn English or the version written here.

On the ban list from here on out as most Apple fanboi's FTR....

....if they were as cheap/cheaper than their PC/Android counterparts?

I know a lot of you hate Apple mostly because of their pricing. Now that Jobs is gone, it seems they started focusing on attracting a bigger market by making stuff like the 5C and the next line of macbooks they dub as cheaper than before. So what if they started selling @ true value - would you buy from them?

I really don't understand the logic of people like you. If you actually took a few minutes out of your day, and priced each component in a MAC, you would find that the price differential between it and a regular PC is not that much higher. Plus, you get the added benefit of a more secure OS when it comes to random malware infecting your operating system. Great for people who click on every fancy looking "DANGER! DANGER!" animated gif they come across when surfing the web.