Would you buy from APPLE....

midrim

Ever since the Ipod I had tried to kill me by catching on fire in my pocket while I was listening to music, apple and I have not been on good terms. That said I liked the macbook pro my mom had it was a nicely built laptop. I also don't want the apple secret service to show up at my house and carry me off never to be seen again because I tried to modify an apple device, not really but I feel like that is how apple views people who try to upgrade one of their computers.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

If Apple would ever make IEM's for 100 bucks, I would buy them,

I like the design, look and feel they make of the products, but most of all is there engineering.

I don't like how they price there stuff.

I awnsered maybe. depends.

If the iPad with retina display was significantly cheaper, I'd definitely buy one. They're perfect for my needs, just too expensive.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Im rolling with an Ipad air, DIY windows PC, and a laptop running Linux, I guess you cold say im unbaised but Macintosh computers are over priced. Your paying more for the looks instead of good computer.

well, i have a windows phone... i think you can guess which side i'm on.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I would buy an Apple 3D printer. That's a product that i am interested in and apple would make it awesome enough for a consumer to make it worth buying.

who cares...

A Macbook pro maybe but not anything else, at least not right now. 

Mobile/Tablets

Never, not in a million years. Main reason iTunes. Also I just dont really like ios.

PC 

well I would not buy a store bought desktop ever windows or mac. 

Laptop

Here is the only category that I might consider but still no. Not in their ecosystem and find it fucken impossible to navigate the OS because I have just never used it.

It has never been a price thing for me as I am willing to spend whatever the cost to get the tech goodies that I want. 

I don't plan on buying any Apple products any time soon, but that doesn't mean I don't respect their attention to design and usability.

I use an iphone 4 and it works fine, would like to upgrade to a Z1 Compact. I also own an iPad 3rd gen.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I'm a gamer, I have zero interest in osX. I'd sooner switch to Linux than to anything Apple.

Sure there's dual boot, but why would I go through the extra hassle? Stability? Yeah, no... My current PC has been stable for more than a year, never a single blue screen, only once did it reboot in my face... because of windows update, I made sure to fix that afterward.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Now that's interesting. I wasn't expecting this but I tried my best to configure an equivalent system to the top end iMac and to my surprise it costed about the same. Have a look yourself:

post-14986-0-55530000-1400824528_thumb.j

I will say though, with that build you are getting desktop components and not laptop components. The only component in the iMac that isn't a laptop component is the CPU.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

How about Apple Earpods for $35?

One of the best sets of in ears for $35 I've ever used.

Use them every day.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

No.

I've had an Ipod 30GB which was ok, but then my music collection grew so i got an ipod touch 3rd gen 64GB, but the battery aint so great now

In addition to their suing everybody under the sun, i most likely wont be buying any more products from them.

I wish there was an android(nexus) dedicated music player, like a wifi only nexus  or something, but with a 5 inch screen with 64GB storage, I would buy that in a hearbeat

Looking for a job

IPod classic with 240GB+ SSD. Would be even better if it had a slightly bigger screen and smaller scroll wheel.

No.

I've had an Ipod 30GB which was ok, but then my music collection grew so i got an ipod touch 3rd gen 64GB, but the battery aint so great now

In addition to their suing everybody under the sun, i most likely wont be buying any more products from them.

I wish there was an android(nexus) dedicated music player, like a wifi only nexus  or something, but with a 5 inch screen with 64GB storage, I would buy that in a hearbeat

they won most of the suits so obviously there was some merit to the suits and TBF samsung dont sue people ever......that whole thing was on big pissing contest

personally i think the lead the way in many aspects of design and innovate alot. i love there phones just wish they were bigger and the ipad is the tab to get, on the laptop front......hell no! there just too much and in the grand scheme of thing windows is better

as for itunes its easy....dont use it!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

nope. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I bought a Gen 1 ipod touch when in the forces, had it 3 days before it was stolen from my locker.

Now i do not touch APPLE with my wallet, though i gained an iphone 3GS free with a cracked screen from my bro.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I already buy apple products anyways...

You can say what you like about them. I personally find them to fulfill my needs very well. I do understand and appreciate all your intelligent arguments for and against their products.

However, the people starting these purely stupid shitstorm debates that will not result in anyone ending up being more educated, are just dumb and need to stop.

The question in itself is not bad, but people need to be intelligent enough to see that on these forums, a pointless argument is inevitable when asking such a question.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Now that's interesting. I wasn't expecting this but I tried my best to configure an equivalent system to the top end iMac and to my surprise it costed about the same. Have a look yourself:

I will say though, with that build you are getting desktop components and not laptop components. The only component in the iMac that isn't a laptop component is the CPU.

Exactly. Also try comparing them to All In One PCs (Especially here in the UK)

Case in point, similar price, iMac has 1tb more storage, a much faster GPU and a faster processor, also arguably a better IPS display 1440p vs 1080p (though not touch)

post-17790-0-25237200-1400851025.png

post-17790-0-71963300-1400851027.png

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Exactly. Also try comparing them to All In One PCs (Especially here in the UK)

Case in point, similar price, iMac has 1tb more storage, a much faster GPU and a faster processor, also arguably a better IPS display (though not touch)

Yeah, I've compared the iMacs to those Dell AIO PCs and I believe that they're quite a bit of a rip off compared to the iMacs. Ten votes for Apple here. Who really needs touch on a desktop PC? Buy a tablet, like an iPad, if you you want a device with touch. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Yeah, I've compared the iMacs to those Dell AIO PCs and I believe that they're quite a bit of a rip off compared to the iMacs. Ten votes for Apple here. Who really needs touch on a desktop PC? Buy a tablet, like an iPad, if you you want a device with touch. ;)

The problem is that people on Tech forums just compare them to some self built gaming rig... Which is completely NOT what a macbook/imac/mac pro is. They also forget that the mac comes with loads of great software that is free, iMovie and iPhoto are litteraly AMAZING programs. Even final cut is cheap. And no cost of OS upgrades. Keep the mac 10 years , thats what  a couple of versions of windows? Vista 7 and 8? so thats 300$ right there

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii