TetraSky
Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,

Got my answer on the DD-WRT forum.

Try this:

Voice Tab -> SIP
Handle VIA recieved YES
Substitute VIA Addr YES
STUN Enable YES
STUN Server stunserver.org - this might, be off line, so you'll need to find a working stun server.

Voice Tab -> Line 1 Tab
NAT Mapping Enable YES
NAT Keepalive Enable YES
SIP Proxy-Require: $PROXY

This worked perfectly. I didn't Enable the Stun server though, wasn't needed. There was also no need to forward any of the ports because it all worked now with the above settings.

(if anyone else has the same device and some day has the same problem, I just followed this guide
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=326
and then the above config on top of that, minus Stun Enable.

I'm trying to switch to VOIP (freephoneline.ca with voip unlock key) but I'm having some issue with DD-WRT.

I can make/receive call, the other person can hear me but I can't hear them.

I know it's not the SPA-2102 because we tried it at my landlord's place and it worked perfectly fine, not to mention, I also used an old linksys WRT120N stock firmware (doesn't support third party firmware anyway) at home and it also work perfectly fine, basically plug and play, no need to forward any ports or anything.

Now, with my main router, Netgear WNDR4300 that has DD-WRT(latest build 23919) installed on it, even with the ports forwarded (5060-5061, 6060-6061, 13000-13001 and the RTP ports of the device which are RTP port min : 16384 / RTP port max : 16482 ), I still get the same issue. (Even if I don't forward any ports, I can make/receive call, can be heard but cannot hear, basically one-way audio)

Is there some special configuration I need to put in DD-WRT for it to work with the SPA-2102? Or the other way around?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

when it comes to VOIP third party firmwares freak the F out for some reason

i just google

btw there is a separate version of dd-wrt for  VOIP

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#File_Versions

might help

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The WNDR4300 is Atheros based, there's only 1 firmware available. Because it has a lot of flash memory onboard, it's basically the same feature set as the Mega build on Broadcom, meaning it includes VOIP stuff.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

There's a couple of issues this usually can be caused by.

I would first see if the provider has any specific settings needed on the router.

Try enabling SIP-ALG

There is no such thing as SIP-ALG on a DD-WRT router. (And it's enabled by default on the stock Netgear firmware)

Reverted to stock firmware, plugged and worked without me having to do anything... there's really something wrong with DD-WRT... will try installing OpenWRT, if I don't edit this within an hour, just think that I managed to brick my router :(

Edit : Was able to install OpenWRT, wasn't what I was expecting, missed a lot of features I actually need and I have no idea how to code them in, so I guess I'm reverting back to Stock until I can find a reason why DD-WRT didn't work...

Got my answer on the DD-WRT forum.

Try this:

Voice Tab -> SIP
Handle VIA recieved YES
Substitute VIA Addr YES
STUN Enable YES
STUN Server stunserver.org - this might, be off line, so you'll need to find a working stun server.

Voice Tab -> Line 1 Tab
NAT Mapping Enable YES
NAT Keepalive Enable YES
SIP Proxy-Require: $PROXY

This worked perfectly. I didn't Enable the Stun server though, wasn't needed. There was also no need to forward any of the ports because it all worked now with the above settings.

(if anyone else has the same device and some day has the same problem, I just followed this guide
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=326
and then the above config on top of that, minus Stun Enable.