Linus takes the final step in abandoning his original audience.

Seriously, why is this topic still alive...?! I though it was buried and long forgotten. As one of the guys who believes that Linus's old videos were better to a certain extent, I can easily say that after this topic was created Linus is trying very hard to please everyone. All of the newer videos are really refreshing, informative and fun. We wanted more PSUs, he did a review of the Cooler Master one that "did not suck." We demanded more benchmarks, we had Star Citizen and Watch Dogs, there was even a mobile gpu battle. Frankly, what more do you want?!

If you don't like the ads at the end of the videos, just hit the back button and exit before you hear them. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Linus realized that if his BUSINESS is going to thrive, he needs to start playing the market and give more of the content that assures success while still balancing out the need for fun, goofy and flat out childish content that we love. Thats all that happened. He didn't change. You might've, but he seems like the same guy. Just with some genuine responsibility and accountability. 

I've been LTT'ing for a long time. Like, silly and cheesy NCIX intro days and before. I didn't subscribe to Linus till this Spring (weird, since I watched everything anyways). Didn't even join the forum till March. Linus got me watching because of his personality, not his content. I don't give a balls about the content. I can get content anywhere. Personalities are harder to find. 

Thats why I'm here. Linus could talk about a Corsair Buttplug and I wouldn't really care. I'm here for him, Slick and the production value. Not because "Linus owes me something". 

This might be hard for some people here to understand, especially the genuinelly young people, but Linus has to run a business now. He has to weigh the costs versus benefits. He really does. Hence why they didn't go to Computex. Yea, its tech heaven but if he is not making money or even losing money by being there, whats the point? Are you going to foot the bill to go there? Will a sponsor? Do you think its cheap and trivial? Every expense has to be justified and if LMG can't justify the sponsorship costs and the tangible benefits, they won't get the money. Plain and simple. Why should they waste their (and sponsor) time on something that clearly doesn't work? 

You try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. Linus doesn't have time, energy or the money to take care of every single request. He has to weigh those against what makes sense, what he thinks is cool, and what is beneficial to the health of the company. It isn't rocket science. Its just common sense. 

If you still have a problem after all that, then it really is you. Go find another channel. Linus is clearly open to change, but don't expect him to bend over backwards just to make every little desire a reality. 

Well Linus adressed your issue with them not going to Computex in the WAN-show (I think). and it's actually our (the audience's) fault, last time they went they didin't get the views that they needed for their videos. So what did they do? they concluded that we weren't that interested in computex, and tried to think of something else for us to enjoy. So he (and the sponsors) sent Slick to E3 to see if we liked that better. Honestly, you can't blame him for not catering to his core audience, when they can't be bothered to watch the videos from their glorious Computex show.

No motion control or "VR" that doesn't involve a direct neural interface will ever be dramatically financially successful in the way these companies want. At least in my opinion.

I've just yet to play a motion control game which was able to do more than be a slight amusement for half an hour before it got boring or tiring

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I still need to see the views vs channel size but honestly, on a personal level I actually changed my mind: In the end The Tek was MUCH more interesting and appealing to me with their Computex coverage than LTT's E3 coverage which was basically Luke ignoring most stuff to cover more Nintendo crap (No disrespect to Nintendo fans here but I couldn't give less of a fuck and certainly didn't expect that on LTT, if I wanted Nintendo worship I would go to a place that frankly does it better like Destructoid.com)

-------

Current Rig

-------

I still need to see the views vs channel size but honestly, on a personal level I actually changed my mind: In the end The Tek was MUCH more interesting and appealing to me with their Computex coverage than LTT's E3 coverage which was basically Luke ignoring most stuff to cover more Nintendo crap (No disrespect to Nintendo fans here but I couldn't give less of a fuck and certainly didn't expect that on LTT, if I wanted Nintendo worship I would go to a place that frankly does it better like Destructoid.com)

Luke covered what he found was worth highlighting. I am sure he chose what to feature carefully. The fact that he put time for some of the less mainstream stuff like Bounden is also pretty cool.

Computex would've been nice, but sad to say that this did not generate enough viewership last year.

Ya, Logans Computex coverage was awesome.

I don't know why Linus' Computex coverage wasn't watched enough. Perhaps it was watched a lot but not enough to make any benefit out of going there? Perhaps just views below Linus' expections?

But well, I tend to enjoy Logan's content a lot more than LTT's content for a while now. The WAN show is fun, but far behind The Tek, in both quality and information amount.

Logan kept his "charme".

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Change your thread title to "I'm butthurt because LMG doesn't make the videos I want to watch", stop watching Linus' videos, have a Coke and a smile, and shut the hell up.

Oh yes the ever effective, Stop watching and shut up approach.

Rather than giving feedback that Linus can take on board possibly to grow his audience even more.

By not sharing your opinions and just leaving shows you really don't care for the channel, by giving feedback to try find ways to improve the show at least in your  owns eyes shows you still care enough to bother.

-.-

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I would maybe like to see a bit more real PC hardware, but I also believe the whole tech world has slowed down so I defenatly don't blame him. The computed part is indeed sad, but he did explain why he didn't go. And the rest of your arguments just seem irrelevant.

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

Honestly, you can't blame him for not catering to his core audience, when they can't be bothered to watch the videos from their glorious Computex show.

well, the core audience would be the ones who watched those videos but carry on...

As long as Linus continues to mock consoles on the wan show = winning.

Oh yes the ever effective, Stop watching and shut up approach.

Rather than giving feedback that Linus can take on board possibly to grow his audience even more.

By not sharing your opinions and just leaving shows you really don't care for the channel, by giving feedback to try find ways to improve the show at least in your owns eyes shows you still care enough to bother.

-.-

He already said he may unsubscribe. Apparently more people like the new style than don't judging from his ever-growing subscriber base. If he wants to flaunt his butthurtness then he can. But I can also tell him to shut up and get over it.

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

As long as Linus continues to mock consoles on the wan show = winning.

Did you watched the last wan show? I like to call it  the "Nintendo fellatio" edition this week, even Linus was noticeable fed up with Slick ranting on and on about Nintendo.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The way ive seen it is that with all those tech channels alreayd doing stuff why repeat it? I was pissed off when everyone did audio for a month but the LTT group is trying to be more professional & I havent noticied any drop in video quality. If I wanna look up a r9 280 etc its there so I dont know what youre on about.

Not covering PAX? Why not? The youtubers arent trying to please you, they try to cover as much as they so of course multiple channels will have  similiar videos.

I would like to see Linus do quality reviews on water cooling kits like phobya, ek, etc. Performance would be too expensive to review, but the build quality could at least be tested. Not to mention how much noise the pump makes ect...

Well, he is getting pressure from sponsors to do more mainstream content. They need to finance this, it is really expensive to keep up. Also, he is getting more professional, I think it is actually GOOD that his reviews are proper and not opinionated.

Just my two euro cents (they're called cents too, so lame)

EDIT: Just my two jiao actually LOL

You realize the point of a review is the opinion right?  A review does no one any good if its just telling you the company line of the manufacturer.  I am not saying that is what LTT is doing.  I am simply expressing that the point of a review is we actually get the reviewers opinion on the product.  The point of a review is someone whos opinion you value based on their experience.  

As to the OP really what I see happening with LTT is the same thing you see happen to a lot of things that start off small and then grow.  Once you start growing you need more money to feed the growth.  Once you need more money to feed the growth you change into something different than what got you the growth in the first place.  This is not unique to LTT or youtube channels but they are a great way to see this truism since most start off with little to no funding and are very "commando" style in their approach.  

I agree with the major sentiment behind OP though in that LTT has changed and for me personally the change is not in providing the content that I desire as much as it used too.  I have no blame or ill will towards LMG for this though.  It is what it is.  They are evolving as a company and going where they believe is the best interest for them.  I do find myself going to the site less often and watching less % of the videos LMG produce now however.  I think other than the WAN show I have hardly watched a video in weeks from LTT.  

Like I said I think thats fine though.  We are not always going to evolve over time the same way the Youtube channels we watch do.  Some will become more intuned with you personally and some will become less.  I hope LMG continues to find their stride and one day Linus really does get that Lambo :P  I will still stay subscribed.  Watch the videos that I feel I may be interested in and ignore the ones that I feel I will not be interested in.  

Now for those that are actually upset and think because LTT has changed a bit there is now a gap where LTTs coverage used to exist.  Guess what guys.  This is a good thing.  Get out there and start doing videos.  Fill that gap.  If there is enough people that think that gap needs filled they will find you just how we all initially found LTT a few years ago.  Then with a lot of hard work and a little luck someday someone will come to your channel forum and make a thread about how you have changed  :)

• You do get a video per day
  • LinusTechTips, not LinusEnthusiastTips
  • NDA's are a thing
  • There haven't been many guests recently and that's just your opinion
  • If you are mad about them going to PAX then why are you mad they're not going to Computex? They'll be hundreds of channesl covering Computex, why?

THANK YOU

I believe some of the OP's point's are valid: less insightful videos (that may be due to different type of style), not going to Computex, etc.

But I big deal of this may be the fact that Linus and NCIX have matured and are now the state that they want to be in terms of business and YouTube. And yes, it may turn out for some people that this final state they are in now does not match up with the image of Linus and NCIX that they had. But, if this is the case, it is also safe to assume that those people are just nostalgic for the maturing process of the channels and what they wrought in terms of style and content.

Yes it was a fun ride, but sadly all things have to come to an end. But for Linus and NCIX, this is just the beginning of their story! And for that, I am proud to be an active LTT/NCIX member.

CPU: i7-4790k @4.8gHz  MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX RAM: 8GB g.skill 2400mHz CL9 STORAGE: 240GB Intel 730 and 1TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX760 COOLER: Corsair H110 CASE: Corsair 750D

I watch the PC hardware videos (and the WAN show) but skip most of the others. The rest of the content doesn't really matter to me but if others like it, that's fine.

If they made 3-4 PC hardware review videos /day, I'd watch them.  :)

Are you threatening me?!