Graphics Card Help! MSI Vs EVGA

Tinytags77

Don't know which one to get and need opinions and thoughts as well as a good motherboard that would work well with these graphic cards. 

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming edition 3G ---> http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1577&products_id=26488

or....

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti SuperClocked ---> http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1577&products_id=25658

I don't want to sound shallow but i like the look of the reference evga card because the green glow and the name that you can see, where MSI's card on the side looks average and not pretty....haha

So whats you guys opinions? Is there any other NVIDIA card i should consider? Like the classified etc. I play a lot of games :D. No price budget but don't want the Titans. And need Motherboard help!

Help a tech newb out!

Thanks

Msi card, it's going to be ten times quieter than a reference cooler.

Woo!

I would say EVGA but fuck the reference cooler. That green LED is just gonna annoy the crap out of you after a short while. Get the ACX cooled 780 Ti instead!

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

EVGA forever.

@Lord Pantaloons

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

The coolers are very different. Yes the TwinFrozr will give you better temps, but the EVGA is also very good. It is not like with the Radeon cards where you HAVE to get a non reference cooler.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

MSI as it has an aftermarket cooler otherwise get the evga with an ACX cooler. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Besides the subjective category of looks, the aftermarket 780 is pretty much better in every way.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The EVGA card runs around 40 db under full load while the MSI card runs 39 db full load

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

So which EVGA Card then, i have a NZXT440h Case the Classified ACX Or the Superclocked ACX?

Classy, then oc the balls off of it. :)

Yes but would it fit in the NZXT 440 case?

Classy ACX OR

I would choose MSI 780 Lightning over the classy

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/