UAG Samsung Galaxy S III Case review

MetalLobster

I’ve owned a number of phones in the past and I never really cared for any kind of accessories, because the current trend of round, colourful, bubbly and silicon simply doesn’t appeal to me. I prefer functionality with a very simply, yet striking style and the UAG case for the Samsung Galaxy S III is first to deliver that.

Q7RLQh.jpg

On the outside face of the case, you will notice right away the sharp lines that form a star shape with a brushed, chrome UAG in the middle. This itself gives it a really clean look as it is symmetrical and uses straight lines as opposed to curvy lines. The five faux screws that are on the case fit really well with the theme of the case, that being industrial and strong. The presentation of the face itself reminds me of the Ford commercial with the slogan “Ford, Build Tough!†. Aesthetics aside, the corners are raise a bit so the case doesn’t touch any face surface. The cutout for the camera, light and speaker are done perfectly.

DuOVwh.jpg

On the flip side, the inside has a layer of material that feels slightly softer than the outside of the case. I really appreciate this because it lines both the edges and the back of the phone, so it ensures tight fit and minimal scratches that may be caused if it wasn’t there. The hard plastic doesn’t touch the phone at all.

BUbJah.jpg

The edge of the case feels solid and comfortable to grasp. The buttons are well placed and I’ve never had to push it too hard for it to register. The ports are well exposed, so oversized micro usb cables be used and any 3.5mm headphone jack regardless of its orientation can be used. There was no change in call quality on both listening and speaking, thanks to the microphone holes being well-sized.

This case is not perfect however. Overtime, dust does collect in the micro USB and 3.5mm headphone jack hole and being a bit obsessed with cleanliness, I find myself grabbing a pen and cloth and cleaning it about twice a week. A sliding cover or even a cover that hangs off the holes would be appreciated.

Overall, this is a solid case and I highly recommend it. This case is priced pretty fair at 35 USD and it comes in other colours, as well as other devices. You can check it out on the website here: http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave any feedback below.

Link to more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/cUjlC