Corsair TX650M Power Supply Good For Overclocking?

Wifi

Okay. I'm not sure what real section this belongs in so bare with me.

I'm wanting to overclock my i5 3570K to about 4.2 - 4.4 GHz. I'm using a Noctua NH-U12P air cooler to cool it, I'm using the push pull configuration. I have a GT 520 graphics card, uses a minimum of 29W and the minimum system power requirement is 300W. By eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite its says I need at least 354W (recommended) without the graphics card (The power supply calculator doesn't have an option for the GT 520 graphics card), and that is at 4.2 GHz @ 1.3V. Can my power supply handle the overclock?

I'm a bit of a newbie at overclocking and I'm not sure if my power supply can handle it or not.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the right section for me to ask this question. If someone can tell me, that would be great.

First of all, your question is about a power supply, and it's a new forum. So i'd say it's fine being in here.

Second: Your power supply is more than adequate for your system and your OC needs, and a fine choice as Corsair makes nice PSUs.

Third: GT 520 draws almost nothing. Can I ask why you're using it with an OC 3570k? It seems like an odd combo as the 520 is only used for work stations and HTPCs and a 3570k usually isn't in either of those..

First of all' date=' your question is about a power supply, and it's a new forum. So i'd say it's fine being in here. Second: Your power supply is more than adequate for your system and your OC needs, and a fine choice as Corsair makes nice PSUs. Third: GT 520 draws almost nothing. Can I ask why you're using it with an OC 3570k? It seems like an odd combo as the 520 is only used for work stations and HTPCs and a 3570k usually isn't in either of those..[/quote']

Basically when I first built my PC I knew very few about price to FPS value. Also, a couple days ago my motherboard died, AM3+ AMD 1055T CPU. So, I went out and bought a good cooler, i5 3570K and a Asus P9Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt motherboard. I only had enough for those three items. I'm now saving up for a new power supply and a GTX 670. When I bought the GT 520, I knew little about price value on graphics card. I thought, "This one has 1GB of ram and only $80.00 CAD." I would of gotten something different if I knew more about price value at that time.

Ok. I get it. So you're doing things the right way, and saving for quality parts. :) I'm glad to see this.

Pretty much everything about your plan seems A-OK to me.

I personally would get an H80 or H100 to get the most from that CPU, but I'm just being nitpicky. Enjoy your new system! :D