Heaven Society Week 5 Poll (Anime Club)

JLCitadel

vfAXr6z.png
Hello everyone, it's time for us to pick which anime we'd like to watch for Week 5!
Polls will be up for 24 hours, so you've got plenty of time to decide.
Below is a list of each anime, a synopsis, and an image.
If you're interested in becoming a part of the club, please click here for more information.
Each week we pick 3-4 anime that members of the club inbox me with, and the founders choose one.
Of hose four we select one based on a poll and then we proceed to watch and discuss it.

This Weeks Roll Over Pick
Fairy Tail
18179.jpg
Set in an imaginary world, the Earth Land, there exists a Mage Guild called "Fairy Tail." Fairy Tail is stationed in the town Magnolia, residing in the Kingdom of Fiore, and is currently governed by Makarov, Guild's master. Lucy Heartfilia, a 17-year-old girl, wishes to become a full-fledged mage and join one of the most prestigious Mage Guilds in the world, Fairy Tail. One day, out of pure coincidence, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a boy who is transportation-sick, but very cheerful in nature. However, the thing she does not know is that Natsu is the closest connection to Fairy Tail, as he is a Mage in Fairy Tail.

Administrator Pick

Baby Steps

56113.jpg

Maruo Eiichirou (Ei-Chan), a first year honor student, one day decides he's unhappy with the way things are and lacks exercise. He finds a flyer for the Tennis Club and decides to check it out. He's instantly captivated by it. With no prior experience and poor physical conditioning, join Ei-Chan as he embarks on a tennis journey using his smarts, dedication, and work ethic.

Member Suggestion 1
Mirai Nikki
33465.jpg
This psychological thriller, based on the manga written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno, is about Yuki, a loner who's not very good with people. He prefers to write a diary on his cell phone and talk to his imaginary friend, Deus Ex Machina – The God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is more than a figment of his imagination when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royale with eleven others. The contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, each diary possessing unique features that give it both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to survive until there is only one left standing. The winner will become the new God of Time and Space.

Member Suggestion 2
Full Metal Alchemist
17621.jpg47421.jpg
The rules of alchemy state that to gain something, one must lose something of equal value. Alchemy is the process of taking apart and reconstructing an object into a different entity, with the rules of alchemy to govern this procedure. However, there exists an object that can bring any alchemist above these rules, the object known as the Philosopher's Stone. The young Edward Elric is a particularly talented alchemist who through an accident years back lost his younger brother Alphonse and one of his legs. Sacrificing one of his arms as well, he used alchemy to bind his brother's soul to a suit of armor. This lead to the beginning of their journey to restore their bodies, in search for the legendary Philosopher's Stone.

(Brotherhood)
In this world there exist alchemists, people who study and perform the art of alchemical transmutation—to manipulate objects and transform one object into another. They are bounded by the basic law of alchemy: in order to gain something you have to sacrifice something of the same value. The main character is the famous alchemist Edward Elric—also known as the Fullmetal Alchemist—who almost lost his little brother, Alphonse, in an alchemical accident. Edward managed to attach his brother's soul to a large suit of armor. While he did manage to save his brother's life, he paid the terrible price of his limbs. To get back what they've lost, the brothers embark on a journey to find the Philosopher's Stone that is said to amplify the powers of an alchemist enormously. However on the way, they start uncovering a conspiracy that could endanger the entire nation, and they realize the misfortunes brought upon by the Philosopher's Stone.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a re-telling of the story from the manga point of view.

Member Suggestion 3
Cross Game
22103.jpg
The main character is Kou Kitamura, son of the owner of Kitamura Sports. In the same neighborhood is a batting center run by the Tsukishima family. Due to their proximity and the relationship between their businesses, the Kitamura and Tsukishima familes have been close for many years, with their children going back and forth between the two homes like extended family. Because Kou and Wakaba were the same age and always together, Aoba was jealous of all the time Kou spent with her older sister. Aoba is a natural pitcher with excellent form, and Kou secretly trains to become as good as she was, even while publicly showing little interest in baseball.

Member Suggestion 4
Black Rock Shooter
53909.jpg
It isn't the world you know. There wanders a girl with jet-black hair, ebony clothes, and a strikingly blue, glowing eye. Her name is Black★Rock Shooter. With a huge cannon in hand, she throws herself into a fierce battle... Meanwhile, in another world, middle-school student Mato Kuroi is drawn to Yomi Takanashi, her classmate with an unusual family name. Mato does her best to talk to Yomi, who just won't open up. Yu Koutari mocks her best friend Mato's efforts but at the same time, supports her. Mato also finds herself surrounded by other colorful characters at school, like the eccentric school counselor, Saya Irino, and the hot-blooded captain of her club club, Arata Kohata. Then, one day, the window of opportunity opens. After Mato sees that Yomi has her favorite picture book, "Li'l Birds At Play", they strike up a conversation and Mato is invited to come over to Yomi's house. There, they gradually break the ice, until a girl in a wheelchair appears. This is Yomi's best friend, Kagari Izuriha... Two worlds. Mato and Black★Rock Shooter. This is the story of their "pain".

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one question. Wouldn't it make more sense if only the members of your club could vote on what to watch? Why should I, a person that know nothing about anime, be able to vote for what your club should watch?

You could always do a post like this, and then have the voting done via PM.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just one question. Wouldn't it make more sense if only the members of your club could vote on what to watch? Why should I, a person that know nothing about anime, be able to vote for what your club should watch?

Fair point, it could work i guess. but it would be such a hassle to go trough all those PM´s

:P

You don't have to vote, not even sure why you have that assumption you HAVE to vote, just ignore the thread if your not interested.

Openness.

Honesty.

Faith.

The club is open to everyone. There's not a limited closed number of members or people allowed to participate.

The only difference between a member and non-member is they're recognized for their discussions and contributions and promoted.

This is so others can measure the value of an opinion of members.

I believe there's a very low amount of people on the forum who will come here and vote without reading a single thing.

The goal is to bring together people who have a common interest, much like the linus tech tips site as a whole.

I have faith that the members here are honest enough to know if they're interested, read the synopsis and vote on something they find intriguing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh man, oh man, some nice selections, which one, which one......"throws a dice"

I'm not even sure myself yet ^_^

Baby Steps because I have been following this manga and I really love Tennis(playing) :)

I would have voted for Cross Game but I believe Adachi Sensei has already given us some very good stories... and other mangaka deserve a chance :P

Fair point, it could work i guess. but it would be such a hassle to go trough all those PM´s

:P

You don't have to vote, not even sure why you have that assumption you HAVE to vote, just ignore the thread if your not interested.

I wouldn't want to vote, for the obvious reason that I wouldn't know what I voted for, and that would ruin the purpose of the poll. And I usually just igonere these topic, so not to infringe on the club. I just thought the question might be valid.

Openness.

Honesty.

Faith.

The club is open to everyone. There's not a limited closed number of members or people allowed to participate.

The only difference between a member and non-member is they're recognized for their discussions and contributions and promoted.

I believe there's a very low amount of people on the forum who will come here and vote without reading a single thing.

The goal is to bring together people who have a common interest, much like the linus tech tips site as a whole.

I have faith that the members here are honest enough to know if they're interested, read the synopsis and vote on something they find intriguing.

That is a very valid point. Might be that people will join when they see, that they can have a say in the agenda of the club.

And you have more faith in people than I have, which is probably a good thing.

And just to make clear. I'm in no way criticising the club, not it's members. Reading back my first post, it seemed somewhat negative. You are in every right to run the club as see fit, I just wanted to ask a question.

I think it's great that you make a society for people with a common interst. 

I haven't seen black rock shooter, but it looks interesting so i may pick it up. I have a few series that i'm watching at the moment though :D. I picked FMA though as it's awesome.  :P

I'm personally not a fan of sports, so sports based anime doesn't really interest me. Even Little Busters was a bit boring to start with, but got better as it progressed. ;) 

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I really would want to watch Mirai Nikki. I heard lots of good comments about it so i'm up for it. :)

I've watched full metal alchemist before, but isn't it kind of long? Other than that it's a great anime.

oohhh this reminds me i don't think i finished black rock shooter because of the cgi, there is NOTHING i despise more than cgi in anime, it will prevent me from watching everything and anything where i see traces of it, it's just so out of place and unnatural, destroys the entire animeverse which contains it, atleast for me.

could always try and give it another shot, from what i gather black rock shooter is packed with symbolism and that's probably the main selling point. 

I really would want to watch Mirai Nikki. I heard lots of good comments about it so i'm up for it. :)

I've watched full metal alchemist before, but isn't it kind of long? Other than that it's a great anime.

We don't have to finish the series to comment on it :)

and long? i think fairy tail is like 5x longer :D (didn't see the anime only read the manga that suddenly...stopped)

I voted cross game, however I think Adachi's best was Touch.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I wouldn't want to vote, for the obvious reason that I wouldn't know what I voted for, and that would ruin the purpose of the poll. And I usually just igonere these topic, so not to infringe on the club. I just thought the question might be valid.

That is a very valid point. Might be that people will join when they see, that they can have a say in the agenda of the club.

And just to make clear. I'm in no way criticising the club, not it's members. Reading back my first post, it seemed somewhat negative. You are in every right to run the club as see fit, I just wanted to ask a question.

Actually I feel it wouldn't be bad for you to vote because we are voting to watch something that interest us (Everyone) Also it is great to see what someone who doesn't watch Anime thinks of as interesting, at least to me. ^_^

oh man, oh man, some nice selections, which one, which one......"throws a dice"

I know right? So hard to choose...

Openness.

Honesty.

Faith.

Yup spoken like a true pr person. :P

You should give watching something a go some time, you'll never know maybe you'll like something!

I was under the assumption anime was for children or "strange" people before I started watching some, and boy was I wrong... some series make you contemplate about life and I can say I wouldn't be who I am now and doing what I'm doing now if it wasn't for some of these anime series that taught me valuable life lessons. This stuff blew me away...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Casting a vote for The Future Diary/Mirai Nikki because you guys need to watch it. 

COMIC SANS

I know right? So hard to choose...

Yup spoken like a true pr person. :P

You should give watching something a go some time, you'll never know maybe you'll like something!

I was under the assumption anime was for children or "strange" people before I started watching some, and boy was I wrong... some series make you contemplate about life and I can say I wouldn't be who I am now and doing what I'm doing now if it wasn't for some of these anime series that taught me valuable life lessons. This stuff blew me away...

PR?

I even had a hard time choosing myself.

Still finishing steins;gate but I love it. Around episode 12ish right now.

That's what most unexposed people believe. ^_^ Lets change the world bit by bit!

& Apologies on the lateness of the poll everyone, been very busy lately. Two more exams ^_^

didn't read; i'm up in ur polls votin' having only known 3 out of 6

you all get the dirty colored macarons 

Error: 410

I have watched anime in the past (well, one atleast. Two if you count the english dub of Ghost Stories), and I really liked it, so I do know I can like them. I just haven't got around to watching any more than that.

I don't see the people that watch anime as "strange". My wife is a big anime fan, so that would get akward very fast. 

My best guess is that anime is like any other medium. There is probably a lot of crap, and then there is some very good shows aswell. 

Actually I feel it wouldn't be bad for you to vote because we are voting to watch something that interest us (Everyone) Also it is great to see what someone who doesn't watch Anime thinks of as interesting, at least to me.  ^_^

I would vote for Full Metal Alchemist, since it sounds rather interesting, and a lot of people have recommended me to watch it. 

snip

(i wrote something nice but i accidentally went back a page and my progress went away =_= so ill make it short.)

Anime is no different from a normal TV show or a movie, just go from the genres you like.

The thing that tends to kill the interest of anime to some people is probably the crazy cutesy moemoe stuff and The overkill character Reactions (i´m looking at you One piece!) some of them have, there are some other factors as well but yea it its like you said "anime is like any other medium. There is probably a lot of crap, and then there is some very good shows aswell. "

Every man and woman has different taste in everything. :)

Can i join? So sorry that i already vote the anime first .__.

i chose baby steps because i'm a huge sports anime fan and baby steps is so good.

baby steps kinda reminds me of hajime no ippo, because the main character have the same tenacity to fight on :D and boy hajime no ippo is really really awesome

I have watched anime in the past (well, one atleast. Two if you count the english dub of Ghost Stories), and I really liked it, so I do know I can like them. I just haven't got around to watching any more than that.

I don't see the people that watch anime as "strange". My wife is a big anime fan, so that would get akward very fast. 

My best guess is that anime is like any other medium. There is probably a lot of crap, and then there is some very good shows aswell. 

I would vote for Full Metal Alchemist, since it sounds rather interesting, and a lot of people have recommended me to watch it. 

Full Metal Alchemist is a good one, having a deep storyline yet also having its funny moments. One episode may get you depressed and/or thinking at peoples behavior and another may have few jokes to make you laugh. A good recommendation overall if you enjoy a good plot.

Can i join? So sorry that i already vote the anime first .__.

i chose baby steps because i'm a huge sports anime fan and baby steps is so good.

baby steps kinda reminds me of hajime no ippo, because the main character have the same tenacity to fight on :D and boy hajime no ippo is really really awesome

No need to apologize, the voting is open to everyone for a reason. 

To join simply message @Luclocke and tell him you want to join. 

You can read up on the rules of the club here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/140001-anime-club-heaven-society/

*still holding my vote at the moment, I'm so conflicted on what to vote for...*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Still a tie... this is certainly interesting... Luclocke what do? :P

I voted Mirai Nikki cause umm... IDK of the ones I havnt seen it seemed the most interesting and well im not one for sports anime usually.