Fan layout (H440)

lastshot
Go to solution Solved by WhatTheQuack,

what Case ?

The NZXT H440, it says in the title  :P

OP: basically set it up to intake from the front near(ish) the bottom, and exhaust out the back with a 120mm or 140mm fan.

If you have more intakes than exhausts it can be beneficial because the inside of the case will have a slightly higher air pressure that its surroundings, therefore reducing the amount of dust that settles in the case as most of it is just exhausted again. Just make sure that the intake fans are filtered. (I think they are on the H440)

I have a bunch of 120mm and 140mm fans and this is my first build so i know nothing about airflow in cases especially with the restricted front and top panel

so i was wondering is anyone can tell me how i should setup the air flow

Thank you

what Case ?

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

what Case ?

OP: basically set it up to intake from the front near(ish) the bottom, and exhaust out the back with a 120mm or 140mm fan.

If you have more intakes than exhausts it can be beneficial because the inside of the case will have a slightly higher air pressure that its surroundings, therefore reducing the amount of dust that settles in the case as most of it is just exhausted again. Just make sure that the intake fans are filtered. (I think they are on the H440)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Intake: Front

Out: Back & top

there you go!

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

xD

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

As they said :D

Should i do 3x120mm or 2x140mm also the bottom fan mount on the h440 goes into the psu and since there is a shroud it just goes into the psu i think

any fans you would recommend i was thinking AF140's as the exhaust but i don't know what to do as intake there are no drive racks in the way so not that high pressure.

Should i do 3x120mm or 2x140mm also the bottom fan mount on the h440 goes into the psu and since there is a shroud it just goes into the psu i think

any fans you would recommend i was thinking AF140's as the exhaust but i don't know what to do as intake there are no drive racks in the way so not that high pressure.

Personally I would just use the fans that come with the case, they should be good enough to cool most systems

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB