I have an idea about fan filters

brownninja97

I have an idea about fan filters, i was thinking that maybe they should been smart dust filters by that i mean there is a chipset which monitors the weight of the filter or somehow measures the dust amount by another mean, then it warns you when a threshold has been reached which can be changed depending on how much you care, as for how the system receives the data is can be part of the IO, just an led that turns on or off, doesnt need to be expensive or require a lot of coding, just a simple boolean. Of course they have to work their magic to that its still water proof because a lot fo people clean dust filters with water.

Well then, opinions?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Seems far too complicated to even try. Just clean them every couple weeks or every month. If you forget, maybe set a reminder on your computer?

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

As i see it , its just a dust filter i dont really care what it does other than stopping dust

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I have an idea about fan filters, i was thinking that maybe they should been smart dust filters by that i mean there is a chipset which monitors the weight of the filter or somehow measures the dust amount by another mean, then it warns you when a threshold has been reached which can be changed depending on how much you care, as for how the system receives the data is can be part of the IO, just an led that turns on or off, doesnt need to be expensive or require a lot of coding, just a simple boolean. Of course they have to work their magic to that its still water proof because a lot fo people clean dust filters with water.

Well then, opinions?

Hence an airflow meter? 

Or just clean every month and your good. 

Sounds awesome but they would probably retail for £30 xD Even if they wouldn't be complicated to make I'm pretty sure companies selling such product would make it out to be the most amazing thing this world has seen and still price it ridiculously. 

What's wrong with checking every once in a while, this just seems pointless.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

actually this might be possible to make from scratch but it will be really complicated. Kudos to whoever make something like this although it's a bother but still awesome.

Live your life like a dream.

Pretty cool idea, even though I still clean my filters, it would still be pretty cool to see something like this happen. Maybe you could be the first to create it!

Sounds abit pointless tbh...it's a dust filter, it's abit like having a fork that can scan the food infront of you and tell you how much pressure will be needed to penetrate the food in micro pascals.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

The more a fan gets blocked the faster it spins (I think), you could just monitor the speed on a mobo.

People have just got to figure the threshold.