Noctua released redux and industrialPPC lines of fans

Ssoele

44 dba... I have 6 case fans if I were to swap the out for those I'd be listening to 69 dba... That's fucking loud, 

I wouldn't get more than 2 fans of the 3000 rpm model since they are $35 a piece. Also, did you notice in that review that the 3000rpm model in idle is quieter than Corsair's H80i Quiet Mode? I remember when I had my h80i and I would run it on quiet mode when I played light intensive games and it was pretty quiet so the 3000rpm fans from noctua would be quieter than that.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nf-a14-industrialppc/1

Doesn't look bad.

I think it looks good. Why do people think color is bad. imagine what a PC that was competely black would look like. I think it would be substantially boring.

Nobody said that you have to run them at the full 2000/3000RPM. That said, in terms of price I'd still go with the 'ugly' ones all day. Using blue lighting can help make them more ascetically pleasing.

I have not seen the peachy-tan and brown in a blue light but I dont think it would look good, who know though.

using a solid (windowless) sidepanel and no lighting helps even more...

those really help with sound dampening too and you can put sound deadening on them if they dont already have it.

True, but seeing how I haven't seen a windowless build pass by in the last three months that doesn't seem to be an option for most people.

The you havnt seen my builds :D

Running them slower would defeat the purpose of these fans and you might as well get their standard brown and beige fans.These are only of any use BECAUSE they run so fast.

na cause better materials, better motors, and water proofing or at least resistance.

how do these "industrial" fans compare to real industrial fans such as ones from ebm-papst?
other than being mostly unsuitable for any proper industrial use due to only being available in generic configurations.

how do these "industrial" fans compare to real industrial fans such as ones from ebm-papst?

other than being mostly unsuitable for any proper industrial use due to only being available in generic configurations.

huh?

noctua made these because they already had industrial/entrpise users using their fans that wanted something more optimized for them.

• 2 weeks later...