Any audio guys?

bob345

I should have posted more pics to see the full layout or better explained what you were looking at.

I agree.  :lol:

I don't know if you can see it in that photo but there is a 3.5 ft spacing between each speaker, I guess it could be better but the room does not permit it. Also I do have surround speakers mounted on the walls beside the listening positions but agan they don't appear in the picture. That is just my front pic, showing Audyssey DSX height+wide with a proper center channel speaker, not a compromise horizontal one.

I guess I should have posted more pics to see the full layout or better explained what you were looking at.

http://www.theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_25_r.pdf

page 16, 5th paragraph, beginning with "There."

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

• 1 month later...

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

• 1 month later...

right.jpg

Sorry it's blurry, I'll post some more pics later but right now I am tired and need sleep.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Here's a better photo, taken before the screen went up and before I moved my sub to fit the new centre channel speaker.

newcurtains.jpg

And making my MTM's, I wish I had taken more photos now.

Baffle:

inductors003.jpg

Response graph when in room:

(no eq, and room treatment)

frgraph.jpg

Winding the inductors for the x-over:

speakers001.jpg

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Dude, you're a badass. How'd you convince your woman to let you have a room in the house for this?  :lol:

It's a challenge, but basically I get this room and the garage and she gets everything else.  Every time she starts making noises about my room being "exclusive" I have to buy her happiness with a new bathroom, bedroom furniture or similar. Fortunately for me I am handy in the shed and can make just about anything.

The hardest thing is trying to explain the necessity of sound treatment and light control (for the projector), to someone who is basically tone deaf and happy watching movies on a laptop. :(

2mcy92w.jpg

that's my old keyboard n mouse, don't use them anymore.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Work the other night:

iPSHeEf.jpg

Work the other night:

iPSHeEf.jpg

No beer for you, eh?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

No beer for you, eh?

Need to be able to concentrate and you can't have had anything then tried to drive under the age of about 25.

Who knew Windspeed was an audio guru?  :D

... Alot of people.. :P

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

For those wondering:

Spirit 32 which is an identical copy of a Midas Venice 32. The rack has from memory a Lexicon M\X400, a couple of Yamaha FX units, 4 Alesis 3630 comp gates which are indentical to DBX 266XL's from memory. There's also a DBX1231 for mains and a couple of Jands 8-gates. The rest of the EQ's for mons and amps are all side of stage over a 40m analog snake. 

Work the other night:

iPSHeEf.jpg

Nice setup

The one I got to use during my schools play (sadly, it was given for the play, so I had to go back to using our Yorkville M1610-2 :()

image.jpeg

image2.jpeg

A Mackie CFX-20 (loved that board)

From the top of the rack

Furmark Power Conditioner

DBX 1066 Dual Compressor/Limiter

4X DBX 266xs Dual Compressor/Limiter

Furmark Power Conditioner

DBX 1231 Dual 32 Band EQ

6X Shure UHF wireless Microphones

Shure 5 way active UHF antenna splitter (can't remember which) (we had two UA874 directional antennas attached)

4u drawer

I used to have a picture, but we had a very nice lighting board

We ended up bringing in two more Shure UHF mics, which just sat in their own roadcase on top of the rack.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the QSC PLX1804 amp

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It's his job, man

Sorry I don't keep up with every single person's profession, geez. How was I supposed to know this was common knowledge?  :rolleyes:

Sorry I don't keep up with every single person's profession, geez. How was I supposed to know this was common knowledge?  :rolleyes:

because he posted it a long time ago :P

and I got a new mixer coming tomorrow I'll post a pic of.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Who didn't?  :o I think I heard someone say he's an audio engineer.

Here's a better photo, taken before the screen went up and before I moved my sub to fit the new centre channel speaker.

And making my MTM's, I wish I had taken more photos now.

Baffle:

Response graph when in room:

(no eq, and room treatment)

Winding the inductors for the x-over:

thats awesome. nice to see someone winding their own inductors. Are those mids dayton audio classics? what tweeter did you use?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

thats awesome. nice to see someone winding their own inductors. Are those mids dayton audio classics? what tweeter did you use?

Well, apart from the pcb, inductors are about the only other part that can be diy. The drivers were all either vifa or re/sponse (Australian version of scan speak/peerless). I built these a little while ago.  The tweeter is a 1" dome same brand.