The Situation With Multiple Orgs - And Other Things.

ixi_your_face

Shots fired ._.

Not really ;) 

In ixi We Trust

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I would suggest contacting @ixi_your_face about that.

And besides that, opinions are always welcome.

i cannot agree more. a healthy discussion is always the best thing. and always much better than a bunch of sheep following orders and repeating "In ixi We Trust" over and over again ^^

Cheers I appreciate it, I know it can read as if I am being a real douche but that is not my intention. I am just debating things that so far why some of you are willing to accept one liner form of thinking when there are possibly better alternatives, Its not like I can't see all of your points, though I do feel I am not getting as much healthy discussion back. I just choose not to repeat the same thing somebody told me and try to look out side the box a little. There is no reason affiliates and primary members cannot be treated equally as there is no grantee that either one of them is going to be loyal or not back stab the community and what about "hidden affiliates" it is possible to hide who you are affiliated with so what if somebody joins your group makes it a primary and hides the affiliated groups?

This is my point and why I believe it should make no difference and people should just get what they put in regardless of status.  I am putting aside the whole tax thing here because I can live with that I don't agree but I can live with it. Hopefully I am not wasting my time debating these things.

P.S yea I will get in contact when the time comes I need to know what the requirement will be and if there are any licences involved to host it before I actually formally arrange anything. I said I am offering and that stands there are still other things which need be explained before I can actually guarantee it. I will certainly keep it in mind though because Linus's channel has made my life so much better. I will get in touch when I know more about how this whole hosting will even work. It is very like RSI are going to rent servers and give only approved providers the hosting source. Much like how BF4 works which we have a licence for and its very very detailed such as we cannot give the client access to certain root dir otherwise EA can sue us. It could be different and that RSI might decided to go with the whole " you have to rent from us" attitude.

Cheers I appreciate it, I know it can read as if I am being a real douche but that is not my intention. I am just debating things that so far why some of you are willing to accept one liner form of thinking when there are possibly better alternatives, Its not like I can't see all of your points, though I do feel I am not getting as much healthy discussion back. I just choose not to repeat the same thing somebody told me and try to look out side the box a little. There is no reason affiliates and primary members cannot be treated equally as there is no grantee that either one of them is going to be loyal or not back stab the community and what about "hidden affiliates" it is possible to hide who you are affiliated with so what if somebody joins your group makes it a primary and hides the affiliated groups?

No i dont see you as a douche, i see you expressing your concern/opinion :) and im sory about the one liners, its just that im a man of science, not of many words, and dont see the point in writing essays when i can do it in 1 sentence.

yes that problem exists, but its to early to know, and the whole org system now is flawed and RSI know it, and will fix it, so no need to debate it today.

This is my point and why I believe it should make no difference and people should just get what they put in regardless of status.  I am putting aside the whole tax thing here because I can live with that I don't agree but I can live with it. Hopefully I am not wasting my time debating these things.

Again, noy much point due to the org system being bad, and will change, tho i do agree in current form, the tax system we have needs changing, and there is work being done on it :)

P.S yea I will get in contact when the time comes I need to know what the requirement will be and if there are any licences involved to host it before I actually formally arrange anything. I said I am offering and that stands there are still other things which need be explained before I can actually guarantee it. I will it in mind though and get in touch when I know more about how this whole hosting will even work. It is very like RSI are going to rent servers and give only approved providers the hosting source. Much like how BF4 works which we have a licence for and its very very detailed such as we cannot give the client access to certain root dir otherwise EA can sue us.

and thank you for this :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Well I am sorry if I came across as being negative this was not my intention. I am not pissing on this community either I actually think you have a good thing going. I was just attempting to validate why I said what I said.

Yea I am not sure you followed my post correctly, I was never asking to be on council or have any assorted power in fact quite the opposite I believe nobody should have more power over another. I know its your opinion to be against mine but sorry you seem okay as a bloke to talk too in fact I sent you a steam invite request, but I can't agree on your opinion for why this org needs to ask for money to survive sorry, it just does not make me feel any better knowing that. Its not my ideal community and that is not because I am a stingy person, I offered to work out something for free dedicated server hosting in future if you guys wanted a private playground because I have the means to give it to you. I'm not talking some crappy home server either I actually have access to enterprise level hosting.

Besides the point I simply just don't agree that a community needs to take income to survive its members should pitch in because they want too not because you make them that is what you should take away from my points. I'm not after any reward for being a member I am just after what I just said. Who knows maybe Explor rub me the wrong way and I give this group my full commitment I have to agree with these other people saying the game is not even actually out and we are making all these decisions.

Now you say its tight knit are you meaning that or are you saying its tight knit for a handful of special snowflakes that you admire because that sounds exactly like a furry tribe. I am not trying to be rude I am just asking a simple question because I see you are talking about LukaP and Linus but not once do you mention offering the same level of help to another struggling member, what if I needed a Freelancer and was a full member who came on every day did cargo runs for you guys or took out my 300i to help run patrol so your cargo is safely delivered even so lets say I needed that freelancer would you offer me the same gratitude if I asked for it or would you just snub me away because I'm not a founder. These are valid questions, because if you needed my help in the verse I don't care if just an affiliate I'm going to haul ass to help you out because that's what being a good sport is all about it doesn't matter if I wanted too or not and it doesn't matter if you paid me or not.

I signed that little digital bit of paper that says " I will be here if you need me" aka affiliate, somebody who choose to associate with your group and for the better half of working together for a common goal if I can offer my services I will it is that simple. I understand why you would want to try and keep things more private but common not everybody is out to leak your worst nightmares to the public why should all affiliates be treated the same way, yes I am aware that goes a little against my fair game policy but I mean in this context why would I have to suffer if I pitched in just as much or more than even some of your own members now yes you can say to me " your not a full member" and to that I can say back to you I am loyal the group who took me in first because I choose to be loyal out of respect. Is that hard to imagine?

I believe the reason Chris Roberts allowed you to be in more than org to begin with was because he felt you should not be limited to being part of just one community I believe that in his vision he also means that if you contribute the same to both you should be treated as a full member regardless.

Right now I would be asking one thing from my supporters that is to stay loyal to the end. Everything else is meaningless at the moment.

Anyway yet another essay from me, why do I keep doing this to myself. Take care guys I will probably hit you up on chat roll soon enough.

Naa your expressing your opinion which I prefer than someone who bottles it, as long as you dont insult anyone that's fine by me.

Nobody has the authority over another atm maybe you could explain how you got to that conclusion? I'm not the best at explaining myself.

Furry tribe? Yes we are all ewoks, what I'm saying is we welcome new people in and luka and Linus was only an example, yeah I would probably help them first because i know them but I wouldn't shun new members either all depends where you are in the verse relative to me.

Whiles your example of an affiliate would be ideal I don't see other people seeing it that way and you descibe more on an alliance but have a look I'm an affiliate to UOLTT.

If you want your supporters to be loyal you have to be honest now and not later.

As for matter of difference in opinions thats why we discuss them to find something we can agree on

snip...

Well I did enlist as an affiliate though at the moment there is no game to actually see who is who. I know some orgs are doing this "Pilot Training" thing going which I am not so sure about because things are very likely actually probably guaranteed to changed before we see the game release completely.  Myself do not even know what device I want to use to fly I have a number of choices here, my joystick the Razer Hydra, the M&K, or the gamepad.  I could really utilize even two of those at one time, I was considering using one side of the gravity field of the Hydra and the Joystick or Joystick and Mouse or Joy and keyboard.  

Don't need the mouse with the Hydra though because it can emulate the cursor natively :)  

The thing bothering me at the moment is if I want to use something not supported then I need to spend SO much time making custom mappings.  Anyway hit me up on steam if you guys like I have all my details on my profile. I make some long essays but eventually I run out of reason to debate which it has come that time now. 

Well I did enlist as an affiliate though at the moment there is no game to actually see who is who. I know some orgs are doing this "Pilot Training" thing going which I am not so sure about because things are very likely actually probably guaranteed to changed before we see the game release completely. Myself do not even know what device I want to use to fly I have a number of choices here, my joystick the Razer Hydra, the M&K, or the gamepad. I could really utilize even two of those at one time, I was considering using one side of the gravity field of the Hydra and the Joystick or Joystick and Mouse or Joy and keyboard.

Don't need the mouse with the Hydra though because it can emulate the cursor natively :)

The thing bothering me at the moment is if I want to use something not supported then I need to spend SO much time making custom mappings. Anyway hit me up on steam if you guys like I have all my details on my profile. I make some long essays but eventually I run out of reason to debate which it has come that time now.

Custom mappings will become easier, someone has already made a web app.

Best to know when to quit.

Just stick around and get to know us mate

Quit because I have said all I wanted to say its quite clear my standings now. Oh and I'm not going anywhere I love linus tech tips :) I don't make it for the live WAN's but I watch them. I also like his reviews it was his review that made me decide to splurge and get my mouse :)

Thanks, though I was aware of the custom mapping web kit still seems a little clumsy but its the best we have right now, for the Hydra I am not too worried as that uses MotionCreator 2 to map binds in its own editor.  

Comment was a joke relax  -_-  Not sure what you are talking about when saying baked though, I am hardly arguing my point because I don't want to use my brain right now to argue it. I like Linus and all though I don't really want to affiliate I am either going to be all in one group or in none at all. I have not decided which group I would to stay with long term if any. (your speaking to somebody who never really did anything in guilds and usually ended up just playing without a guild.)

LOL i was just trying to say its a quote from a movie "Half Baked" is the name of the movie.  I also have never been active with a guild in other games but i assure you this ORG. is legit and beast.  Read through http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/159536-operational-organization-basic-6dof-combat-theory/ or  and you will get a feel for what we are about and how serious we are.  But seriously your lack of "Half Baked" knowledge is disturbing.... *heavy breathing*  :ph34r:

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I look away and stuff happens here :v

Man, are we still arguing about Taxes? i though that discussion went on ice months ago.

And now it's done again :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Stuff happens because not everybody was involved in the past conversations, is it hard for somebody to accept that something could be new to somebody else :lol: .

Seriously though I don't have as big a problem with the the setup as it might have seemed, some days I am more in a mood to argue the point others not. Such is life. 

It is kinda hard to get to know anybody at the moment since we are all speculating about a game which may not even be finished until 2016. This is why my preference is to invite people into my personal forms of chat such as steam. ( no sorry I don't do twitch, facebook life updates, or lets-plays. I am hoping if I ignore those long enough they will all just go away hehe) 

I don't think am a bad guy more fun than I made it seem here at least, if you want to talk to me for whatever reason your best bet is to add me on steam I did put all my contact info into my profile  B)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

I was digging through the forum searching for any notes regarding the LTT's ranks with no luck.

Therefore my question is: are ranks figured out yet? I'm wondering how you gain a higher rank or how do you get degraded.. Are there any rules regarding this? What ranks are there in the LTT?

If there's any info regarding those things somewhere, please point me to it :)

Thanks a have a great day everyone!

Hey everybody,

I was digging through the forum searching for any notes regarding the LTT's ranks with no luck.

Therefore my question is: are ranks figured out yet? I'm wondering how you gain a higher rank or how do you get degraded.. Are there any rules regarding this? What ranks are there in the LTT?

Have a search through the old post that's 200ish pages long, I've been meaning to catalog that

Hey everybody,

Nope, no ranks as of yet apart from the High Council. With the current situation with the orgs, HC doesn't want to give roles and ranks to the members. As of now, the max amount of ranks is 5, I believe, which is not enough.

We're basically waiting on the next big org update, which will include more options.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Nope, no ranks as of yet apart from the High Council. With the current situation with the orgs, HC doesn't want to give roles and ranks to the members. As of now, the max amount of ranks is 5, I believe, which is not enough.

We're basically waiting on the next big org update, which will include more options.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read this entire thread and came to one conclusion.

MY conclusion is that there is NO conclusion to be made at the moment. we simply do not have enough information on the game models to draw from.

I thank you all for your eloquent responses which made it a pleasure to read this thread.

See you in the 'Verse.

MY conclusion is that there is NO conclusion to be made at the moment. we simply do not have enough information on the game models to draw from.

I thank you all for your eloquent responses which made it a pleasure to read this thread.

See you in the 'Verse.

Well said.

• 3 weeks later...

See you in the 'Verse.

well said

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

DeepStar Corporation VP here,

Was wondering if there is a dedicated LTT Ambassador we could approach in regards to a Peace-Accord / Alliance type of thing ?

Best Regards,

Xeno Don

Vice President, DeepStar Corporation
Main Office Dept. 3165 E 767th Street Prime, Terra 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/sharx
https://www.youtube.com/DeepStarCorp
http://www.twitch.tv/deepstarcorporation

post-147205-0-89901900-1413418785.jpeg

DeepStar Corporation VP here,

Was wondering if there is a dedicated LTT Ambassador we could approach in regards to a Peace-Accord / Alliance type of thing ?

Not as of yet, however, if you want to approach me, i'd be happy to talk.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Not as of yet, however, if you want to approach me, i'd be happy to talk.

Why thank you, and we will be in touch, officially.

Thank you very much for your time.

With respect,

Xeno Don

• 3 weeks later...