Nvidia Titan Z Review

You really don't get it do you.

Not I don't get the Titan Z at all. Neither does the market it seems, and NVIDIA is realizing this. Why else would they postpone the launch or even cancel it?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Not I don't get the Titan Z at all. Neither does the market it seems, and NVIDIA is realizing this. Why else would they postpone the launch or even cancel it?

Yea you definitely don't get it and I'm not talking about the Titan Z as a product. 

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Yea you definitely don't get it and I'm not talking about the Titan Z as a product. 

You are talking about the Titan Z as an e-peen item? That might be true, but when you can get more power for half the price, you will be percieved more as a joke, than a person with highend stuff. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I'm glad amd is in the lead. It's been a while. :)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

looks like the AMD R9 295x2 is a bit better in some games.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

As a spiritual or emotional item then? What is a Titan Z for us or the so-called "professionals" that will buy this instead of 2 Titan Blacks? Now I know is not a product, that explains so much why it cost $3,000, it's a high-emotional item for the ever-defending throne of BS marketing of Nvidia... the other guy might "not get it" but you're not explaining yourself anyways. 

If it's a WS card, then why they don't put that ability to output 10 bit color depth? If it's similar to a K6000, then, why not?

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64

As a spiritual or emotional item then? What is a Titan Z for us or the so-called "professionals" that will buy this instead of 2 Titan Blacks? Now I know is not a product, that explains so much why it cost $3,000, it's a high-emotional item for the ever-defending throne of BS marketing of Nvidia... the other guy might "not get it" but you're not explaining yourself anyways. 

I don't really see a point to this card myself.  What I am talking about is Nvidia's logic around releasing this card because some people here think that Nvidia is stupid/behind their competitors etc.

The reality that I am trying to explain is that Nvidia does not care about selling a ton of Titans.  Nor are they trying to compete with similar products.  It is, as you said, a pretty much pointless card, but there will be people who will buy it because they either want it or need it in some VERY niche applications.  They know that these people will pay well above premium for this product, so that's what they charge for it; if I owned a business that's what I would do. 

Now about the marketing of the Titan Z: it is dumb I agree.  But that's because of how the company is structured.  The marketing division is separate from the rest of the company (tech, R&D, management) and they call the shots on how a product will be marketed. Depending on the company, even upper management has no real say on marketing decisions (Apple being a great example).  When the CEO of Nvidia released this card he made it clear what and who it was for, but the marketing division decided otherwise.  IMO because they don't really care about this card they probably just copied whatever marketing they used for the original Titan, and Geforce cards.

TL;DR: The Titan Z is insignificant for gamers, it is not Nvidia's answer to the competition and it is a low priority (hence delays).

I don't really see a point to this card myself.  What I am talking about is Nvidia's logic around releasing this card because some people here think that Nvidia is stupid/behind their competitors etc.

The reality that I am trying to explain is that Nvidia does not care about selling a ton of Titans.  Nor are they trying to compete with similar products.  It is, as you said, a pretty much pointless card, but there will be people who will buy it because they either want it or need it in some VERY niche applications.  They know that these people will pay well above premium for this product, so that's what they charge for it; if I owned a business that's what I would do. 

Now about the marketing of the Titan Z: it is dumb I agree.  But that's because of how the company is structured.  The marketing division is separate from the rest of the company (tech, R&D, management) and they call the shots on how a product will be marketed. Depending on the company, even upper management has no real say on marketing decisions (Apple being a great example).  When the CEO of Nvidia released this card he made it clear what and who it was for, but the marketing division decided otherwise.  IMO because they don't really care about this card they probably just copied whatever marketing they used for the original Titan, and Geforce cards.

TL;DR: The Titan Z is insignificant for gamers, it is not Nvidia's answer to the competition and it is a low priority (hence delays).

Fair enough, that's a far better explanation in these 5 pages, my apologies.

Btw I am myself a Nvidia user, I'm just not their "fanboy". I know you didn't mention that at all I just wanted to point that out. :)

Fair enough, that's a far better explanation in these 5 pages, my apologies.

Btw I am myself a Nvidia user, I'm just not their "fanboy". I know you didn't mention that at all I just wanted to point that out. :)

I am also an Nvidia user, but hold no alliances when it comes to GPUs: I just buy whatever has the features and price I want at the time.

Nah man, the titann ZzZ is DA most op card der ever was AMD sucks you suck I suck nvidia 4 life homi

/sarcasm

Its good AMD is on top maybe nvidia will pull there head out of there ass and actually try to win and not just coast xD

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival