Whaler's 4P Folders Build Log (32 Cores and 24 Cores)

4 Processors :)

Aww well that sucks, I look like a right doofus now lol

Also nice pictures, that's going to be more of a computing beast than the dual Xeon system I want to build

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Aww well that sucks, I look like a right doofus now lol

Also nice pictures, that's going to be more of a computing beast than the dual Xeon system I want to build

ahah, not a doofus at all, i discovered what it meant last week :P

ahah, not a doofus at all, i discovered what it meant last week :P

rofl well at least I'm not the only one then :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Acronyms - Who needs em? :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Now all we have to do is get whaler's build on the Live stream. 

Lets see how many people drool over this build.  :P

You really like folding don't you, lol.

Why wouldn't you make a home server with that?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

You really like folding don't you, lol.

Why wouldn't you make a home server with that?

Well, my question to you is, what home server would require that much raw cpu power?  ;) 

At least in the normal situation that i would think of for a home server (File sharing, printer sharing, TV/Movie recording if a tv turner is connected), even my core i7 920 at stock is overkill for that kind of purpose.  

Typically, if your running this much cpu power under the hood for personal usage, chances are, you have a very specific task in mind. Typically includes:

Folding

Boinc

Bitcoin

Rendering (or could be apart of a render farm)

Web server (might be overkill if your not running a popular web page.)

Game server

Those are about the only things I could see that someone would need cpu power.

Well, my question to you is, what home server would require that much raw cpu power?  ;)

At least in the normal situation that i would think of for a home server (File sharing, printer sharing, TV/Movie recording if a tv turner is connected), even my core i7 920 at stock is overkill for that kind of purpose.  

Typically, if your running this much cpu power under the hood for personal usage, chances are, you have a very specific task in mind. Typically includes:

Folding

Boinc

Bitcoin

Rendering (or could be apart of a render farm)

Web server (might be overkill if your not running a popular web page.)

Game server

Those are about the only things I could see that someone would need cpu power.

Lol, you could run a full on VPN server with remote desktops around your house, a media stream, and a gaming server, all at the same time.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

And... I already have a home server(s). I have a dedicated TeamSpeak server that I run for my WoT clan and I have a media server running UnRaid that currently serves 40TB for the house... yes, TB. :) I then have a general Windows/Hyper-V system I use for testing various things....

I really like folding and the potential. I love the "competition" aspect to it and this is a little something I can give back. And no, I don't get to write anything off, this is all out of my own pocket. My plan is over time and upgrades to then make my older folding gear available to other LTT folders to help them get more into the cause.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Damn Whaler, care to employ me lol

I can make tea and coffee :)

And... I already have a home server(s). I have a dedicated TeamSpeak server that I run for my WoT clan

WoT? That's a fun game.  :D

Although I've only been playing for about a month so I'm not as experienced as most people there. (Best thing I got is the American M41 arty that I got just a few days ago).

good job man looks awesome!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

I'm looking forward to see the Mh/s you will get out of that beast!

| Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.8Ghz | MSI Z77A-G45 | Sapphire HD Radeon 7850 | 2x4GB Crosair Vengeance Memory @ 1600Mhz | OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W PSU | DeepCool Rockman fan controller | 1.25TB of storage |

You'll be comissioning a little nuclear reactor soon just to power it all ;)

Err maybe I miss a comment whaler made somewhere but I'm thinking it's power being directed towards folding and not bitcoin.  ;)

Mh/s? Wrong thing my friend. This is a Folder, so PPD. :)

You'll be comissioning a little nuclear reactor soon just to power it all ;)

No kidding, going to have my buddy come in who's an electrician, run a couple more 20A circuits into the crawl space...

But will it blend?  :D

Maybe.... As long as it's big enough to fit the entire system in it.  :P

Mh/s? Wrong thing my friend. This is a Folder, so PPD. :)

Whoops, sorry, I thought I read Mining rig.  :wacko:

| Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.8Ghz | MSI Z77A-G45 | Sapphire HD Radeon 7850 | 2x4GB Crosair Vengeance Memory @ 1600Mhz | OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W PSU | DeepCool Rockman fan controller | 1.25TB of storage |

No kidding, going to have my buddy come in who's an electrician, run a couple more 20A circuits into the crawl space...

Damn lol

Will probably shake nicely if the fans are not on properly :)

SWEET folding Rig

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715